Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4528487 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11560 on: March 16, 2012, 07:05:49 pm »

OH Dear !!!        :o

That is disturbing.

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11561 on: March 17, 2012, 01:23:44 pm »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11562 on: March 17, 2012, 01:24:33 pm »

"Top of the morning to ye. Kent O'Brockman live on Main Street, where today
everyone is a little bit Irish, except, of course, for the gays and the Italians."

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11563 on: March 17, 2012, 01:25:40 pm »
One more entry from me on the Irish theme.

Ice Dance team from Canada (Shae-Lynn Bourne & Victor Kraatz) created a buzz and became part of a scandal at the 1998 Olympics.   Their program became a fan favorite, and many felt they would finish on the podium.  It was later revealed that some European judges conspired to place other teams higher to keep the podium "European."  The sacrifice was that Bourne & Kraatz would place no higher than 4th, just missing Olympic medals.

This came to light during the competition, and they still skated their best, proving they were deserving of an Olympic medal.  The music they skated to was from Riverdance, which caused many shocked remarks from commentators, as Irish Step Dance is a vertical movment, while ice dance is a flowing horizontal movement.  Many were shocked at how well the team was able to incorporate the two, as well as show off moves they invented called "hydroblading", which involved deep knee bends to create low, sweeping moves on the ice.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyzuksE2qNA&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11564 on: March 17, 2012, 02:47:02 pm »

"Top of the morning to ye. Kent O'Brockman live on Main Street, where today
everyone is a little bit Irish, except, of course, for the gays and the Italians."

Hmmm.....I don't get that.  ???

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11565 on: March 17, 2012, 03:51:15 pm »
One more entry from me on the Irish theme.

Ice Dance team from Canada (Shae-Lynn Bourne & Victor Kraatz) created a buzz and became part of a scandal at the 1998 Olympics.   Their program became a fan favorite, and many felt they would finish on the podium.  It was later revealed that some European judges conspired to place other teams higher to keep the podium "European."  The sacrifice was that Bourne & Kraatz would place no higher than 4th, just missing Olympic medals.

This came to light during the competition, and they still skated their best, proving they were deserving of an Olympic medal.  The music they skated to was from Riverdance, which caused many shocked remarks from commentators, as Irish Step Dance is a vertical movment, while ice dance is a flowing horizontal movement.  Many were shocked at how well the team was able to incorporate the two, as well as show off moves they invented called "hydroblading", which involved deep knee bends to create low, sweeping moves on the ice.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyzuksE2qNA&feature=related[/youtube]

Isn't it a shame, how many different times the judging has been so thoroughly biased.  First the Russians, then the East Germans, then so many others have conspired and elected to make the outcome in favor of some teams.  It is so ridiculous that a person would risk the censure of all the countries competing, and the expulsion from the craft.  How hollow these people are.  Anything for a win..sad.

I do so love skating, and gymnastics however.  It is my two favorite things in the Olympics.

Just watched the girls of USA win the championships this morning.  They won in the world competition by over 19 points.  Unheard of..    :)

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11566 on: March 17, 2012, 05:19:23 pm »
Hmmm.....I don't get that.  ???

In regards to the Italian reference there used to be (I believe it's over) a strong rivalry between Italian-Americans and Irish-Americans.  They even competed against each other illegally, both Irish and Italian familes were involved in the mob, often fighting against each other.

As for the gay reference, each year gay groups are barred from marching in St. Patrick's Day parades because the groups that organize them are religous based, therfore they refuse to have gay people take part in it.

In an interesting note, I have a co-worker who goes to Ireland every year to visit family, and she tells me that in Ireland (a predominately Catholic country) gay people are not barred from their St. Patrick's parades, it's only here in the US that it happens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11567 on: March 17, 2012, 05:47:54 pm »
I see. Thanks for explaining, Chuck.

It's not really funny, is it...?  :-\

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11568 on: April 08, 2012, 10:44:17 am »

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11569 on: April 08, 2012, 01:49:01 pm »

Thanks, Chuckie!
Happy Easter, Happy Passover, Happy Spring
to all BetterMostians!
Whatever you're celebrating, enjoy the season.
:)