Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4528426 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11680 on: June 11, 2013, 11:44:42 am »
Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

Isn't it bat-shit crazy? ::) :laugh:

Chrissi, did you know that German has lost its longest word?

How can I live on without this word? It's a tragedy, really. ;D
And it's already the second time. In 2007 we lost
Grundstücks­verkehrs­genehmigungs­zuständigkeits­übertragungs­verordnung , also the name of a law. That one had 67 letters.
Back to the Rindfleischetikettierungs..... It's abbreviation was RkReÜAÜG M-V.

RkReÜAÜG M-V? ? ? Really? You call that horrid construction a shortcut? :o ::)

Bat-shit crazy. I admit it. We're all bat-shit crazy.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11681 on: June 11, 2013, 11:56:14 am »
How can you just 'do away' with a word?

Of course the word itself still exists. But the law is gone and thus its name. So "officially" it doesn't exist anymore. But if you don't have other hobbies..... you're free to memorize longest words and entertain your peers with them. :laugh:

Methinks the Germans secretly like their long complicated words.

Methinks that's true. :-X
I often shake my head about such stuff. Just a couple of days ago I came across a word which was a compound of 5 or 6 words. ::)
But on the other side, they're often good for a laugh. Therefore I like the Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungs..... ;D 8)
 :laugh:

Online CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11682 on: June 11, 2013, 01:44:06 pm »
Of course the word itself still exists. But the law is gone and thus its name. So "officially" it doesn't exist anymore. But if you don't have other hobbies..... you're free to memorize longest words and entertain your peers with them. :laugh:

No thanks!   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11683 on: June 11, 2013, 04:35:10 pm »

Therefore I like the Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungs..... ;D 8)
 :laugh:

I'm glad you like this poor abandoned little non-existing word!   ::) ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #11684 on: June 11, 2013, 06:14:23 pm »
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:06:46 pm by CellarDweller »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11685 on: June 11, 2013, 07:12:53 pm »
"Er Mer Gerd Gerl"  (Oh My God girl).

She's an "odd looking" girl with a surprised/excited look on her face, and everyone has been making her excited about different things, and having her talk in some strange accent.

I suspect I know why she's "odd looking." Her photo reminds me of clinical photos of individuals born with some genetic abnormality that I've seen at work.

That might also account for her speaking in "some strange accent." Also, the bad teeth might be a result of medication for certain conditions.

So, in other words, whoever started this thing out there in cyberland somewhere I believe is using the photo of a handicapped person as a source of fun.

:(

I intend to continue my self-imposed moratorium on posting for personal reasons, but I felt moved to comment on this cybertrend. No offense to or criticism of anyone here is intended.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #11686 on: June 11, 2013, 07:27:28 pm »
I suspect I know why she's "odd looking." Her photo reminds me of clinical photos of individuals born with some genetic abnormality that I've seen at work.

That might also account for her speaking in "some strange accent." Also, the bad teeth might be a result of medication for certain conditions.

So, in other words, whoever started this thing out there in cyberland somewhere I believe is using the photo of a handicapped person as a source of fun.

:(

I intend to continue my self-imposed moratorium on posting for personal reasons, but I felt moved to comment on this cybertrend. No offense to or criticism of anyone here is intended.

You may be right, or maybe not.

Business Insider did an article on who the 'real people' are for favorite internet memes.  They discussed 6 of them (including Grumpy Cat).

There are currently two young ladies claiming to be "Ermahgerd Girl", and from their photos, I would say it was simply an awkward stage.  They are both very pretty now.

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-6-viral-internet-meme-stars-actually-look-like-2013-2?op=1

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #11687 on: June 13, 2013, 04:46:41 pm »

You may be right, or maybe not.

Business Insider did an article on who the 'real people' are for favorite internet memes.  They discussed 6 of them (including Grumpy Cat).

There are currently two young ladies claiming to be "Ermahgerd Girl", and from their photos, I would say it was simply an awkward stage.  They are both very pretty now.

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-6-viral-internet-meme-stars-actually-look-like-2013-2?op=1

I was about to say that two girls had come forward.. I think shes more just geeky!

But Jeff, I must say, so nice to see you!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #11688 on: June 14, 2013, 02:07:10 pm »

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11689 on: June 15, 2013, 03:39:26 am »

Yikes! With a cat like that, I'd watch my baby even more closely! ;) :laugh: