Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4528082 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11720 on: July 09, 2013, 02:45:08 pm »
Ya mean they aren't?  ;D

I remember pictures of Madonna in a corsage with pointed breasts. Guess they weren't nuclear, but they could have been used as weapons. ;D :laugh:

I'm sure friend Chuckie can help us out with pics. :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11721 on: July 09, 2013, 04:20:52 pm »

I remember pictures of Madonna in a corsage with pointed breasts. Guess they weren't nuclear, but they could have been used as weapons. ;D :laugh:

I'm sure friend Chuckie can help us out with pics. :laugh:

Don't you mean corset, Sweetie?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11722 on: July 09, 2013, 04:58:56 pm »
Don't you mean corset, Sweetie?  ;D

Depends on what exactly Madonna wore. ;D ;)

A corsage can be a smallish flower bouquet, but also is a part of clothing which is similar to a corset, only less tight. Your friendly helper wikipedia knows more about it:

Corsage refers to the bodice of a dress. In the 19th century, corsage was a common term for a woman's bodice or jacket. Its origin is French.

In modern usage, corsage is often confused with a corset, but a corset is tighter. A bridal corset is often a corsage.

Originally, a bouquet of flowers, flower bud, or a bow was worn on the corsage between the breasts, hence the name corsage for a cluster of flowers worn on the breast, waist or wrist.

Recently, it is a cluster of flowers given to one's date at a prom or formal dance to wear on either a dress or a wrist.

Of course I didn't know all that, and simply used the wrong word, as you assumed. In German we use both terms interchangeably.
The things you learn on BetterMost.... :laugh:

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11723 on: July 09, 2013, 05:10:27 pm »
There was a story in the newspapers today about a woman who was asked to leave the beach because her two-year-old daughter was wearing a bathing suit bottom without a top. WTF!!

That's absurd. What's the difference between the chest of a two year old girl and boy???

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11724 on: July 09, 2013, 06:11:35 pm »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11725 on: July 09, 2013, 06:12:51 pm »
They were 'resurrected' for her last tour, MDNA.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11726 on: July 10, 2013, 12:30:52 am »

Yeah, that's the one. Corsage or corset, I can see where the American panic of those thingies comes from. ;) :laugh:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11727 on: July 10, 2013, 03:15:25 am »
They're gone. :'(
Our American group travelled on to Berlin this morning. The waterworks were flowing on all sides when we dropped them off at the station, it was hard to say good-bye. Aren't good-byes always?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11728 on: July 10, 2013, 07:22:15 am »
My neighbours were finally here. They're starting to work on it today. They're emptying out their courtyard to make space for the parts of their barn they're gonna tear down. Also organizing a mobile elevating work platform (big ass machinery) and calling our mayor for a permit.

They'll tear down the attic and upper level of their barn, leaving the lower walls standing. At least that's the plan. Whatever will fall while they're working will fall. I hope my witchhouse will survive this, but since part of the wall already fell on it.... who knows. If there's more coming down, it may be crushed under the barn walls. They couldn't promise me. :-\

But as long as my main house stays intact, we'll find a solution. They're starting from the front, which is more stable and in parts next to my main house (less than a yard between them; if I reach out to the left of my bathroom window, I can touch the roof of their barn).

I already hear them working in their yard.

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11729 on: July 10, 2013, 09:55:46 am »
And as for reviving this thread as a general chat thread, it's a great idea.

I think we need a thread like that, without any specific topic.

Those headlines are hilarious, Chuck!   :laugh:

Are you planning to rename the thread? I've been away for some months and was looking for "whats up" but couldn't find a thread for that.....well, I found it here  :laugh: BUT I havent got 1000 or more posts. I'm working on it - again! I've had so much fun reading about everything!!
Ennis.....always Ennis.....