Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4529394 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11790 on: January 11, 2014, 02:35:14 pm »
from another thread:
How is the job going?

I've worked two days and so far I like it.
First day was a bit awkward, like probably most first days are. I felt closely monitored by the two collegues from the same goup and repeatedly heard what a doll my predecessor was. ::)
A hunky, sympatico guy in his mid twenties. As the only male he was king in the hen-house and everybody loved Mr. Charming to pieces. One collegue had to be asked for permission if it's okay to delete him from the address list and put in my name instead: "No, it's not okay. But if you must, then do it." ::)

Second day was much better. In the course of the day the whole atmosphere changed, the awkwardness and scrutinity seemed to melt away. In the afternoon I helped out in a different group and I really loved it there. Some collegues are open and easy to get to know, some I haven't even met since we're a big team of 23 people working on different schedules and some are pretty distanced so far. The usual mix I guess. I'll find my way there.

The kids are easier to win over :). Most don't take long to warm up to me. Work itself wasn't challenging so far. Only loooooong. I'm tired when I get home in the evening.

My boss has the potential that I will really like her. I do so far. She reminds me so much of a former teacher and friend of mine. Both in character and looks. I'm seriously considering if they're sisters. She also lives in the same small town my former teacher used to live. Guess I'm gonna ask her soon.

Are German schools off in May?
No. However, the nursery isn't connected to a school. But the three weeks closing time in summer are always taken within the 6 weeks of school holidays.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11791 on: January 11, 2014, 03:10:29 pm »
Sounds like an ok start to a new job, Chrissi.

The boss is always important, so glad to hear you like her.

Seems it's going well, and you'll get more and more into it I'm sure.

I'm tired when I get home in the evening.

No kidding!  Welcome in the club.    ::)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11792 on: January 11, 2014, 10:22:48 pm »
Sounds like an ok start to a new job, Chrissi.

And first days are never easy.

When I started a new job 16 years ago--not the job I have now--I came home after the first day and cried. I was 40 effen years old and I came home after the first day and cried. It was a job where I knew I really wasn't wanted--they just needed somebody--and the supervisor was a former Fourth Grade teacher who treated the people she managed as if they were Fourth Graders. But I got up the next morning and went right back to it--because that's what we Germans do.  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #11793 on: January 12, 2014, 07:29:10 pm »
Sounds like you've settled in really quickly!

I was askign about May a I was thinking that was when the Aids Walk was and you mentioned maybe going to that..
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11794 on: January 13, 2014, 02:03:38 am »
Sounds like you've settled in really quickly!

I was askign about May a I was thinking that was when the Aids Walk was and you mentioned maybe going to that..

AFAIK the Boston AIDS walk is always the first weekend in June (right?).
With a little goodwill from my collegues and boss I could manage a short Boston trip without taking a single vacation day: changing schedules so I'd work Mon + Tue in one week, then fly out Wed; fly back the Tue in the second week, arrive Wed and work Thu + Fri in the second week. Voilá.

OTOH I'm still dreaming of another roadtrip this year, including having to take vacation days. But it's too early to talk about vacations at work, so I have to wait and see if something will work out.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11795 on: January 13, 2014, 02:23:06 am »
Thanks, Sonja, Jeff and Kelda, for your feedback.
I'm happy my second day went better, even though the first wasn't bad, only awkward. I'm looking forward to go back on Thursday. :)

And first days are never easy.

When I started a new job 16 years ago--not the job I have now--I came home after the first day and cried. I was 40 effen years old and I came home after the first day and cried. It was a job where I knew I really wasn't wanted--they just needed somebody--and the supervisor was a former Fourth Grade teacher who treated the people she managed as if they were Fourth Graders. But I got up the next morning and went right back to it--because that's what we Germans do.  ;)

Wow. How could they be so mean to you? >:(
I would have slapped those idiots for you. :-*

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11796 on: January 13, 2014, 09:09:42 am »
AFAIK the Boston AIDS walk is always the first weekend in June (right?).

correct!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11797 on: January 13, 2014, 10:23:34 am »
Wow. How could they be so mean to you? >:(
I would have slapped those idiots for you. :-*

Thanks, Sweetie!  :-*

As far as the supervisor went, it wasn't really personal. She treated everyone she supervised as if they were still Fourth Graders.  >:(  The woman was just, oh, I don't know what to call her.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11798 on: February 14, 2014, 11:03:30 am »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11799 on: February 14, 2014, 03:06:11 pm »
Happy Valentine's Day right back at you, Chuckie. And to all BetterMostians!