Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4528256 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11960 on: January 21, 2022, 07:38:52 am »
Oh Chrissi, I'm so sorry you had to say good-bye to your four-footed family member.

Sending you all hugs and love!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #11961 on: January 21, 2022, 08:57:38 am »
Poor sweet Tina.

My condolences to you and your family.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11962 on: January 21, 2022, 11:48:32 am »
Sad news. I'm so sorry to hear it.  :'(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11963 on: January 21, 2022, 01:08:11 pm »
We were h oping she would hang on a little longer, but this way there's no more pain and she's at peace. It's a sad day. We are with you and your family.  :'(
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11964 on: January 22, 2022, 12:21:27 pm »
So so sorry to hear this news, Chrissi  :'(

So hard to make that decision, even if you know it's the right one.

My thoughts go out to you and your family at this difficult time.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11965 on: January 22, 2022, 01:16:04 pm »
Thank you, friends. It helps to read your words.

Many times a day I catch myself thinking "there's Ti - oh no."
While having lunch the ajar kitchen door is pushed open, and I think it's my dog. There's a shadow in a darker corner of my living room and I'm careful not to step on it - oh. I'm always mindful where I put down something edible, but I could put it on the floor now if I wanted, there's no Tina to take advantage.
It's just a fraction of a moment, but it happens dozens of times. I miss her so much. :'(

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11966 on: January 22, 2022, 03:04:37 pm »
 :'( :-* :'( :-*

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #11967 on: January 27, 2022, 08:51:01 pm »
Thank you, friends. It helps to read your words.

Many times a day I catch myself thinking "there's Ti - oh no."
While having lunch the ajar kitchen door is pushed open, and I think it's my dog. There's a shadow in a darker corner of my living room and I'm careful not to step on it - oh. I'm always mindful where I put down something edible, but I could put it on the floor now if I wanted, there's no Tina to take advantage.
It's just a fraction of a moment, but it happens dozens of times. I miss her so much. :'(

I'm so sorry, Chrissi. I missed this thread for a while and so didn't see these recent posts. I understand your experience. As you know, I lost Charlie the day after Thanksgiving. Even now, I half expect him to be in my apartment when I return. When I finish a meal I have to remind myself not to save him a bite, and lament having to occasionally throw out the last bits of meals I can't consume but know he would like.

After he died, I waited literally a couple of weeks before I picked up and emptied his food bowl, which still had food in it! I still have a few of his things.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11968 on: January 28, 2022, 09:35:46 am »
I'm so sorry, Chrissi. I missed this thread for a while and so didn't see these recent posts. I understand your experience. As you know, I lost Charlie the day after Thanksgiving. Even now, I half expect him to be in my apartment when I return. When I finish a meal I have to remind myself not to save him a bite, and lament having to occasionally throw out the last bits of meals I can't consume but know he would like.

After he died, I waited literally a couple of weeks before I picked up and emptied his food bowl, which still had food in it! I still have a few of his things.

Oh, gosh, I missed that. I'm so sorry. :( I'm sorry for you both. You must miss your buddies terribly.  :(

My dad's neighbor has a dog, Suki. She's a big girl; I don't remember her breed, but she's not a lab or a golden or anything like that. She's not "mixed," either. She's always liked my dad, but lately when she sees me, she won't stop licking my hand. I like that.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11969 on: January 30, 2022, 06:45:21 am »

(((Kathrine)))
Do you think about getting another dog, sooner or later?

I would have liked to keep my dog's things around for a while, too. But my husband put it all away the minute we came home from the vet. He could't stand to see the things, it made it even worse for him, so I let him put it into the baking house (which we use as storage).
I still have my first dog's (M?xi) collar and leash and we used his food bowl for Tina. I will also keep Tina's things and use part of it for our next dog, like her crate, which she loved to no end.

It's too early now, it will take time, but we will have another dog. "Life without a dog is possible, but meaningless." - I don't remember who said this but it's how I feel (not taking it literally of course). The house is empty without a dog.

[ I'm sorry for you both. You must miss your buddies terribly.  :(

Thank you.

My dad's neighbor has a dog, Suki. She's a big girl; I don't remember her breed, but she's not a lab or a golden or anything like that. She's not "mixed," either. She's always liked my dad, but lately when she sees me, she won't stop licking my hand. I like that.  :)[/font][/size]

:D That's cute :)