Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4573649 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: The 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #990 on: August 22, 2006, 10:56:41 am »
I would luv to, but I'm going to be in Kansas City that weekend for a writer's conference. I'm hoping to connect with some Brokies there. Have a great New England celebration!!

Here's the top 10 list for today:
Lucise  3790
Victoria  3579
Pipedream  2216 (Loved the mushroom pix!)
MaineWriter  2125 
DavidinHartford  2031
Front-Ranger  1874
injest  1850
Chris  1773
latjoreme  1672
YaadPyar  1664
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #991 on: August 23, 2006, 06:28:50 am »
Wednesday morning, all ready. I am starting to have a little bit of a freak out attack since my son Lance leaves for college tomorrow. Where does the time go??

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #992 on: August 23, 2006, 08:25:04 am »
Connecticut checking in.  Still sick unfortunately.    Going back to the doctor again today I hope.   :(

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #993 on: August 23, 2006, 11:22:20 am »
Sorry you're under the weather, David!! Be careful when you go to the doctor, I didn't think much of the doctoring they did to Chris! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's freaking out about her firstborn going off to college. Front-Ranger Jr. will be leaving for Boulder, Colorado, tomorrow and I'm a nervous wreck! I had a mountain of laundry to do last night, most of it clothing from Ireland and India that has to be hand-washed. When I got home from work I went thru the house and noticed a lot of things missing!! She actually packed our digital camera, teakettle, one of my paintings, the phone charger, and on and on...!! What's next?!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #994 on: August 23, 2006, 11:38:30 am »
Connecticut checking in.  Still sick unfortunately.    Going back to the doctor again today I hope.   :(

Get well quick David and git back to E&E!!  :-*

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #995 on: August 24, 2006, 07:21:02 am »
Okay, so it is Thursday and Lance drove himself off to college at 6:40 am. Sigh...I can't quite believe it. We are supposed to go to NY to see him next week so I guess that buffers the leaving feeling a little bit. Still, my "baby" is gone.

Weather is cool this morning. They say we are due to have some fall-like temps the next few days.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #996 on: August 24, 2006, 08:45:44 am »
Yeah, get back to E&E, David....

Or be like me, this past week I have been mostly sick as a dog and in terrible pain, and I hung out in Chat and burdened everyone else with my woes.  You can always try that... misery shared is... more misery for everyone!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #997 on: August 24, 2006, 10:55:23 am »
Leslie, I myself am feeling deprived because I could not take off from work to go help my daughter move into her dorm. My husband is handling it all. I went in and woke her up so I could say goodbye to her this a.m.; she probably didn't appreciate that much. At least we each have another one at home; I took my 14-year-old son to school this a.m. and told him I'd pick him up after band practice. He is surprised at all the attention he's getting now!!

Hope the sick-abeds are feeling better today. I think I'm sick too...have felt like my head is full of cotton for about a week. But it doesn't make any difference, gotta keep slogging anyway!!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #998 on: August 25, 2006, 07:03:09 am »
Maine checking in with a college update.

Lance left yesterday at 6:40 am on his way to college in Oneonta, NY. From our house it is a 350 mile drive, all interstate though, but still, the longest drive he had ever made by himself. Around noon, he calls to say he is 40 miles from Oneonta and he thinks he lost his wallet at the rest area he had stopped at previously to buy a snack and a drink.

He says he has searched his car but can't find his wallet. He wants me to call the rest area and see if anyone has turned in his wallet. To call the rest area, he says, "Look it up on the Internet." He thinks (but can't remember) that the rest area was about "an hour ago" "near Albany" or "50 miles away."

It is impossible to look up rest areas on the Internet, I discovered. After discussing this, and getting my husband and the phone, we tell him to turn around and go back to the rest area to see if anyone has turned in his wallet.

He calls back a little after 2 pm. He is at the rest area, no sign of the wallet. It turns out the rest area is in Blandford, Massachusetts--by my reckoning, about 110 miles from where he had been. So much for "near Albany" and "50 miles away"! He asks at all the restaurants and leaves his name and number with the manager of the gas station. By this time he is feeling it is pretty hopeless. He gets back in the car and starts driving back to Oneonta...again.

A little while later, my husband calls with the name of a couple in Troy, NY. The husband is a truck driver and picked up Lance's wallet from the ground at the Blandford MA rest area. Lance and my father have the same name so when they called information, they got my dad's phone number (of course, Lance isn't in directory assistance!). Anyway, the wife was as nice as could be and was going to run out to the post office (it was 4:15 pm by now) to mail the wallet to Lance before the PO closed. I had his proper college mailing address which is how come I ended up on the phone.

Everything was intact in his wallet: Bank of America card, MY LL Bean Visa card, and few pictures, and $1. I didn't ask if a condom was in there. I had had enough excitement for one day. I didn't need any extra information.

So, in the end, all's well that ends well...and thank God for honest people in the world!

Leslie

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #999 on: August 25, 2006, 07:04:06 am »
No one seemed to notice that the 1000+ posts club went over 1000 posts yesterday....

L