Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4581715 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1060 on: September 07, 2006, 12:51:01 am »
Hey, I'm back on the top ten list!  I keep teetering on and off.  David, I'm glad you are better.  Leslie and Lee, just hearing about your children going off to college gives me anticipatory grief about my three and a half your old someday going - though I sure did a jig this morning when she started 3 morning a week pre-school, whoo hoo. 

Will-U

The 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1061 on: September 07, 2006, 01:20:58 am »
Umm, Elle, don't get too giddy!  U are only  on the "Top 10 of the 1,000 Posts Club" now due to the demise of a former member and the recent closing of their "account", which thus "exited" them  from the "Top 10". :o

=congratz= DeeDee
For achieving 1,000 posts, in great part from playin' the "ABCz of BBM", including today "D" Dee with your "E" for "exited"! ;D

=suggestion= Clarissa
I'd suggest U place your new poll -- "what do BM-ers want" -- in the "Polling Place", which was created for "polls" for everyone at the Bettermost Forum! :-X

« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 02:34:12 pm by Will-U »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1062 on: September 07, 2006, 06:49:15 am »
Thursday morning and it looks to be a beautiful day here in Maine.

Today is my daughter's first day of high school. We are very excited because she will be enrolling in the Casco Bay High School here in Portland, ME. This is a new school--just created last year--with funding from Outward Bound and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. CBHS is one of twenty new high schools in the US that have been founded on the principles of expeditionary learning. From the Gates Foundation, "The Expeditionary Learning Outward Bound school model stresses learning and self-discovery through doing (action), teamwork, reflection, character growth, and literacy."

Hannah is very creative and bright but has not done well in a traditional academic environment. We are hopeful that the expeditionary learning model will be what Hannah needs to help her learn and reach her full potential. It is thrilling to me that Portland has one of these twenty schools and we are able to take advantage of it for our daughter.

Here's to a great school year!

Leslie
MW
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1063 on: September 07, 2006, 10:04:24 am »
Thursday morning and it looks to be a beautiful day here in Maine.

Today is my daughter's first day of high school. We are very excited because she will be enrolling in the Casco Bay High School here in Portland, ME. This is a new school--just created last year--with funding from Outward Bound and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. CBHS is one of twenty new high schools in the US that have been founded on the principles of expeditionary learning. From the Gates Foundation, "The Expeditionary Learning Outward Bound school model stresses learning and self-discovery through doing (action), teamwork, reflection, character growth, and literacy."

Hannah is very creative and bright but has not done well in a traditional academic environment. We are hopeful that the expeditionary learning model will be what Hannah needs to help her learn and reach her full potential. It is thrilling to me that Portland has one of these twenty schools and we are able to take advantage of it for our daughter.

Here's to a great school year!

Leslie
MW

First year? Ninth grade or tenth? Freshman or sophomore? Sophomore carries a sort of distinction, you know.  ;)

Seriously, best wishes and good luck to her!  :D

Jeff
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1064 on: September 07, 2006, 10:08:59 am »
First year? Ninth grade or tenth? Freshman or sophomore? Sophomore carries a sort of distinction, you know.  ;)

Seriously, best wishes and good luck to her!  :D

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. She'll be a freshman. Although knowing CBHS they'll probably be coming up with new names for all the classes. Every student is part of a "crew" (team) because in the words of the prinicipal, "There are no passengers on this journey. We are all part of the crew."

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1065 on: September 07, 2006, 10:20:14 am »
My son's a freshman this year too, but it's no big transition since he goes to a combined junior/senior high school. He has either marching band practice or cross-country practice after school every day of the week, so I get to stay late at work every day and then pick him up. That's why you'll be seeing me around here a lot still!!  ::)
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1066 on: September 07, 2006, 01:47:26 pm »
Thursday Afternoon Top Ten List

Lucise                4113

Victoria              3555

injest                 2578

MaineWriter        2253

Pipedream          2219

Front-Ranger      2103

DavidinHartford   2059

latjoreme           1733

YaadPyar           1682

Ellemeno           1681

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1067 on: September 07, 2006, 02:10:50 pm »
Whheeee!! (leapfrogs over David) Here I come, Anke!!!!!! Let that be a lesson to U guys who insist on getting jobs, going on vacation, and generally having a life!!!!!!!!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline David

« Reply #1068 on: September 08, 2006, 02:21:28 pm »
Friday afternoon  Top Ten List

Lucise               4135

Victoria             3557

injest                2593

MaineWriter       2265

Pipedream         2219

Front-Ranger      2123

DavidinHartford   2060

latjoreme           1746

YaadPyar           1686

Ellemeno           1684

Offline David

« Reply #1069 on: September 09, 2006, 03:58:03 am »
Saturday morning, 3:56 AM.    Been up since 2 am, doing some laundry.

Currenty Connecticut weather ..(looks out window)   um,  dark.    LOL

Back later to see if there are any Ennis & Ellery updates.