Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4580860 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1190 on: October 11, 2006, 06:18:16 am »
Weds AM.     I bought that 1980 Chrysler LeBaron Town and Country station wagon last night!   YAY!   

And tonight is another new episode of LOST on TV.   

Does life get any better?
     ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1191 on: October 11, 2006, 07:11:00 am »
Wednesday am. 46 degrees in Maine. They said it would be pouring rain today, but so far it is clear.

A good looking man just appeared in my backyard. I love it when good looking guys just appear...but it is probably just as well that I was NOT in the outdoor shower (where I was 10 minutes ago! LOL). Who is this good looking man? The propane delivery guy, of course!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1192 on: October 11, 2006, 01:24:16 pm »
Weds AM.     I bought that 1980 Chrysler LeBaron Town and Country station wagon last night!   YAY!   

And tonight is another new episode of LOST on TV.   

Does life get any better?
     ;D

Yeehaw! David, it looks like you buy cars the way I buy model trains. At least my collection doesn't take up as much space.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David

« Reply #1193 on: October 12, 2006, 05:44:28 am »
Thursday Mornings Top Ten List!

Lucise  4633
injest  4337
MaineWriter  2619
Front-Ranger  2451
Pipedream  2339
DavidinHartford  2176
Garry_LH  2139
latjoreme  2042
Ellemeno  1891
louisev  1867

Offline David

« Reply #1194 on: October 12, 2006, 05:53:27 am »
Yeehaw! David, it looks like you buy cars the way I buy model trains. At least my collection doesn't take up as much space.  ;D

LOL!  Indeed Jeff!   

I used to be into model railroading.    I had a Lionel set as a kid.  Then switched to HO scale so I could have more trains in less space.   Then even switched to N scale to really have a small town on a 16' x 4' board.      but once I got my drivers license the trains were put away.     I eventually gave them away to an older guy in my car club who was still into trains.    His whole attic in his house was one giant HO railroad.

So I guess when we're young we want our toys to get progressively bigger.  ( not unlike centain parts of our men!  LOL )      Then as we get much older we want the toys of our youth again!

But you are right.    Cars take up WAY too much space.    It is a pain moving them around so i can use them all occassionally.    I'm going to sell my 1980 Dodge so I can keep the two 1980 LeBarons.   The new PT cruiser will stay of course.   Maybe the PT is my "downsized" toy?   Does that mean I'm getting older?     <no replies please!>   :P

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1195 on: October 12, 2006, 08:19:31 am »
I woke up to thunder and lightning and pouring rain but mild temps. Still, the thought of getting electrocuted in my outdoor shower kept me in today. Sigh...

Dreary weather and I didn't sleep well. I need to find something to get me motivated today.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1196 on: October 12, 2006, 09:52:45 am »
I woke up to thunder and lightning and pouring rain but mild temps. Still, the thought of getting electrocuted in my outdoor shower kept me in today. Sigh...

Dreary weather and I didn't sleep well. I need to find something to get me motivated today.

L

Maybe the thunder and lightning that went through here about 10:15 p.m. Wednesday?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1197 on: October 12, 2006, 09:55:02 am »

LOL!  Indeed Jeff!   

I used to be into model railroading.    I had a Lionel set as a kid.  Then switched to HO scale so I could have more trains in less space.   Then even switched to N scale to really have a small town on a 16' x 4' board.      but once I got my drivers license the trains were put away.     I eventually gave them away to an older guy in my car club who was still into trains.    His whole attic in his house was one giant HO railroad.

So I guess when we're young we want our toys to get progressively bigger.  ( not unlike centain parts of our men!  LOL )      Then as we get much older we want the toys of our youth again!

But you are right.    Cars take up WAY too much space.    It is a pain moving them around so i can use them all occassionally.    I'm going to sell my 1980 Dodge so I can keep the two 1980 LeBarons.   The new PT cruiser will stay of course.   Maybe the PT is my "downsized" toy?   Does that mean I'm getting older?     <no replies please!>   :P

Makes sense, David, though in my case I still want trains. I just want MORE of them!  :o  ::)   :laugh:

Of course, in my case, I don't have any place to park a motor vehicle, so. ...

Plus a model train is the only way I'll get to drive a steam locomotive.  ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1198 on: October 12, 2006, 10:07:27 am »
All this model train talk gives me the opportunity, yet again, to quote one of my all time favorite movie lines:

Jennifer Coolidge as Amber Cole, in "A Mighty Wind"

"Thank God for the model trains, you know? If they didn't have the model trains they wouldn't have gotten the idea for the big trains."

This line cracks me up, every single time.

Leslie
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 06:16:53 am by MaineWriter »

Offline David

« Reply #1199 on: October 13, 2006, 05:38:49 am »
Friday Morning Top Ten List

Lucise  4647
injest  4362
MaineWriter  2646
Front-Ranger  2465
Pipedream  2301
DavidinHartford  2181
Garry_LH  2155