Author Topic: Re: Notes for Janice!!  (Read 440905 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Notes for Janice!!
« Reply #380 on: October 22, 2008, 01:44:13 pm »
Hey Janice,
good to see you again. Estelle (the sheep you gave me) is still sitting on my desk. :D

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #381 on: October 25, 2008, 12:10:18 am »
      Well I cast my ballot for the presidential election today.  I think the whole country should have the
same system for voting that Oregon does .  Mail in ballots.  We get them in the mail and return them by
mail.  We have just about one of the best voter turn outs in the country.  Most of the people that are
elligible to vote, do so. 

In case anyone cares...I voted for Barack Obama.  He is so far and ahead the most qualified candidate.
I was for Hillary to begin with, but I was happy with whichever one of them we decided to run.

I was just listening to Michele Obama as she was speaking on behalf of her husband.  Him being in the
state of Hawaii, visiting the bedside of his gravely ill grandmother.  She was a very good speaker, and
did very well in his place.

I have to say.  This election cannot be over soon enough to suit me.  I am this way every time we
have this election year.  I am so relieved when it is over.  Except for the two elections of GW Bush.
I was so upset after that fiasco, until I still am worried about the outcome of this one.  Even though we
are leading in most of the polls.  I just dont trust the results of the outcome to be fair and impartial any
longer.  I hope that my fears are unfounded.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 12:50:25 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #382 on: October 25, 2008, 12:11:48 am »

The pups are good now Scott.  Thanks for asking.  I hope its all taken care of..We have had a very
difficult few weeks.

Hi Chrissi.  It is so wonderful to see you here.  Thank you for sending the lovely card this summer.
I hope sometime down the road, we can see each other again. 

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #383 on: October 25, 2008, 12:25:35 am »

Good to see you too Rob.  You are such a great guy to have come here and say hi.  I enjoy
immensely reading your posts.  Thanks for coming.

Beautiful mind

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #384 on: October 25, 2008, 09:07:48 am »
Hey there, Janice!

I am glad to hear that Mark got in touch with you and you're getting together at the end of the month!  Give each other hugs from me.  I am sorry I am going to miss it.

:-*
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 11:55:41 pm by Lynne Hussein »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #385 on: October 25, 2008, 10:45:33 pm »
I have to say.  This election cannot be over soon enough to suit me.  I am this way every time we have this election year. 

I agree with you, Janice.  I'm so tired of all the campaigning and mud slinging.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #386 on: October 27, 2008, 07:18:00 pm »

Well is anyone changing their minds about who they are going to vote for.?  Now that you have watched all the primary stuff.  The debates, and all the ads.  All the negative, and positive ones as well.
Does anyone think that any of that crap has changed your mind.?  Have you now decided that you would
rather have the person other than the one you had liked before?

My own idea is that it is just the most expensive and ridiculous waste of money, let alone your eardrums.
I dont think it has any impact on the votes for the most part.  I think that all of the undecided, that still cant make up their mind.  Shouldnt be allowed to vote.  How dumb do you have to be.  You cant decide, after two years...you are unqualified to make up your mind...Therefor unqualified TO VOTE!!!!!

What do you think about that?

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #387 on: October 28, 2008, 11:22:35 pm »

What do you think will be the next big issue to be talked about on the news?  Besides of course the
new cabinet appointees.

Beautiful mind

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #388 on: October 29, 2008, 07:14:37 am »
Hey Mamma!
Gald to see back around here! :-*
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #389 on: October 29, 2008, 12:37:12 pm »

You may be right Scott.  I have seen the most varied of thoughts, about her wardrobe.  Some think she is the epitome of taste and lovelyness.  On the other hand, there have been those who think she dresses like an old lady.  I think she looks nice for the most part.  However, I would like her to wear separates some of the time.  A lovely pantsuit, or skirt and top.  She is a beautiful woman, and could wear more choices, besides a simple A line dress. 

Beautiful mind