Author Topic: The Politics of Dancing  (Read 13405 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
The Politics of Dancing
« on: May 17, 2006, 08:45:50 pm »
As requested/instigated by JennyC...

Here is a thread where we can post political humor and/or commentary in all its various forms.  That means that if you have a joke you'd like to share, or an email that's making the rounds, or an article you came across that you think is of interest politically, run wild, run free.

To get the ball rolling, here's one I've particularly liked in recent times:

Bush and Cheney are having a current events briefing.  The White House staffer who reads them their morning headlines recites the following:  "Two Brazilian Soldiers Killed."  To his and Cheney's surprise, Bush goes all white in the face and becomes noticably agitated.  "What is it, George?" asks Dick.  Bush says, "How many, exactly, is a brazillion?"
No more beans!

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
Re: The Politics of Dancing
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 08:47:47 pm »
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah..........
~A good general knows when to retreat~

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 10:00:19 pm »
Bush and Cheney are having a current events briefing.  The White House staffer who reads them their morning headlines recites the following:  "Two Brazilian Soldiers Killed."  To his and Cheney's surprise, Bush goes all white in the face and becomes noticably agitated.  "What is it, George?" asks Dick.  Bush says, "How many, exactly, is a brazillion?"

:laugh:

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 10:12:03 pm »
Thanks Barb, feel so honored ;)

Hope this one is not too mean.

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 10:14:42 pm »
And it's only fair if the humor goes both ways...

Again hope this one is not too mean.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 10:17:26 pm »
Democrat/Republican Loyalty Quiz - 10 questions that test your loyalty to your party and its principles.....but they're funny!  I did both for shits and giggles.....

Democrat -  Here! - I got 3/10 - obviously not a Democrat

Republican -  Here! - I got 7/10 - *runs and hides*

*You are a solid Republican. You are not as fiercely ideological or uncompromising as others in the party, but nonetheless remain a reliable supporter. If you could have your way, you'd like to see Republican leaders take a slightly more pragmatic approach on certain issues – and dial down some of their nakedly partisan and bitterly divisive rhetoric
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 01:20:01 am by christopher_SLAYERS »

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 10:18:18 pm »
Thanks Barb, feel so honored ;)

Hope this one is not too mean.

ROFL....no way thats real.....is it?

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 10:31:45 pm »
Well Chris,

I took a similar quiz on the same website, but for political cartoon, and here is my political profile based on that website.  I bet they have a set of profiles based on score, not really on each specific topic. Accuracy is not guaranteed, but what the heck :)

You are a moderate Democrat. You agree with Democrats more often than not, but have misgivings about some of their positions on key social issues, as well as their ability to defend the country. You remain supportive for now, but if Democrats keep moving to the left and taking their cues from people like Michael Moore, you may decide to jump ship.

:-\

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 12:01:03 am »
Well...  I got a 10 out of 10 on a scale of 1 to 10 of how much of a Democrat I am and a 0 out of 10 on a scale of 1 to 10 of how much of a Republican I am.  And here's the blurbiage on that latter one:

Your score is 0 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a pure, unabashed, die-hard Democratic loyalist. You are appalled by the way Republicans are transforming America into a theocratic, corpo-fascist police state, and you'd walk through a furnace in a gasoline suit if it meant casting a deciding vote for a Democratic president. In your view, there is no higher form of patriotism than defending America against the Republican Party and every intolerant, puritanical, imperialistic greed-mongering, Constitution-shredding ideal for which it stands.

So...  How do you like me so far?  ;)

(And Chris, I love you anyway.)

« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 12:03:08 am by ednbarby »
No more beans!

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 12:11:38 am »
So...  How do you like me so far?  ;)

(And Chris, I love you anyway.)

I think we can definitely survive a drive around the city of San Francisco  :laugh:.

Poor Chris, you may be part of the majority in the nation, but I am afraid to say that you probably are the minority here ;D.  Hey, this group, if anything, always support the "underdogs", you are among friends here  :).