Author Topic: David's Shutter Bug Club  (Read 501067 times)

injest

Re: David's Shutter Bug Club
« Reply #750 on: May 03, 2009, 11:16:48 am »

it has been a while since I posted any pics...but I was kinda proud of this one...it certainly captures a moment and a memory..

manual mode
color Vivid
TV 1/20
AV 5.5
ISO 400

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #751 on: August 02, 2009, 01:24:14 am »
David take a look at this picture I took in New York City last year and see if you don't see something strange. It was taken from Brooklyn looking towards Manhattan possibly on the Manhattan Bridge. I just found it today when I set my screen saver on my computer to pictures. I take so many pictures that sometimes I don't see some of them until a long time later. Nothing has been changed from the original photo. I want to know if you see something in this picture of if I am just imagining it.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #752 on: August 02, 2009, 01:52:55 am »
Well, if you are talking about that beige thing in the front, it looks like one of the World Trade Centers!

What is that? Is it a curtain, or did you even notice it when you took the picture? I'm especially curious about it since you've said your camera was pointed towards Manhattan! :o

Those wispy clouds up there look tricky too. I'm seeing some faces in them!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #753 on: August 02, 2009, 06:58:46 pm »
Well, if you are talking about that beige thing in the front, it looks like one of the World Trade Centers!

What is that? Is it a curtain, or did you even notice it when you took the picture? I'm especially curious about it since you've said your camera was pointed towards Manhattan! :o

Those wispy clouds up there look tricky too. I'm seeing some faces in them!

Exactly, I was in shock when I looked at it yestereday. If you look closely you will notice that there are actually two
of these. There is a distinct separation betwen the two although both are the same. In other words, they appear to me to look like both of the World Trade Centers. Do you see what I am talking about?

I did not notice the clouds, but now that you mention it I do see the faces you are talking about.

I'm not sure what it is or why it is there? I took it on one of the double decker bus tours during the Night Loop of the tour. There was nothing there like a curtain or anything and no I did not see anything in the camera. Yes the camera is pointed towards the skyline of Manhattan. Very strange!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #754 on: August 03, 2009, 12:30:01 am »
That is VERY freaky Jack! It looks exactly like the World Trade Center buildings (yes, I can see two of them just like you can). And if you look very closely, you can even see the individual windows and they look just like the windows did on the buildings.

I wonder what happened? Maybe the 'essence' of those buildings is still around and you happened to be there at the right time and your camera picked it up. That would be the only answer I'd have. Just like people, I think buildings also have an essence (they exisited so they leave something behind - a mark or a imprint).

Thanks for showing me the picture! I love stuff like this! :D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #755 on: August 03, 2009, 03:39:50 am »
window light reflection?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #756 on: August 03, 2009, 12:15:23 pm »
That is VERY freaky Jack! It looks exactly like the World Trade Center buildings (yes, I can see two of them just like you can). And if you look very closely, you can even see the individual windows and they look just like the windows did on the buildings.

I wonder what happened? Maybe the 'essence' of those buildings is still around and you happened to be there at the right time and your camera picked it up. That would be the only answer I'd have. Just like people, I think buildings also have an essence (they exisited so they leave something behind - a mark or a imprint).

Thanks for showing me the picture! I love stuff like this! :D

I agree. It is VERY freaky!!! When I saw it I was taken aback and kept looking at it to find a rational explanation. On one of those buses there is nothing to block you. You are on top of the bus with no windows, curtains, etc. Yes you can see the individual windows and the design is exactly like that of the two buildings. Also if you will notice that there are sections that look like air vents. On the buildings these existed too. I'm not sure what they were on the buildings, but if you look at a picture of the real buildings you will see these sections that look like air vents. I have no idea what happened or why this is appearing in my photo. I know what you mean in that everything, including buildings, has an essence. Because of the huge tragedy that these buildings and the people had that were in them when they collapsed it would make sense that there would be a lot of spiritual type energy and activity left. I have never been completely sure about things like "ghosts" but I have never ruled them out either. I have always felt I had a bit of sensitivity towards these types of things as well although I never know if it is just my imagination or not. Like with this photo, I keep thinking there is a logical explanation for what this is. However, why would whatever it was leave a perfect impression of the World Trade Center Towers complete with windows, etc.? I am at a loss on how to explain this one.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #757 on: August 03, 2009, 12:17:43 pm »
window light reflection?

There was not any windows in front of me to create a window light reflection. All that was in front of me was open air space. I was on top of one of the double decker buses where there are no windows, curtains, or anything.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #758 on: August 03, 2009, 03:00:54 pm »
There was not any windows in front of me to create a window light reflection. All that was in front of me was open air space. I was on top of one of the double decker buses where there are no windows, curtains, or anything.

weird...
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #759 on: August 27, 2009, 12:57:39 am »
Hey David,

We've just got back from Cornwall, and I've been through all my hundreds of photos.  This one is my favourite.  I took it in the evening, just as the sun was starting to go down .... giving it a lovely pinky glow.

Hope you like it ...

MMMMMMM HMMMMMM! Yes! I love that picture! You are sooooo good with that camera Susie! :D

That would make a very pretty painting too! You paint, don't you? Maybe you and your daughter could work on painting a picture of it! :)