Author Topic: What Stage are we in now???  (Read 10598 times)

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
What Stage are we in now???
« on: March 10, 2006, 04:19:24 am »
Hi Everyone....my Fellow Brokaholics.....or should I call us...Brokeback Mountain Broads?  ;)

Just thought I'd post a few thoughts in here and TRY and figure out where we are....in the 5 Steps.....Moving forward??  Stepping back? 

Reading the posts from all of you....I think we're all in different stages....huh? 

As for myself....I THOUGHT I was on Stage #5....until I read the most WONDERFUL post from Lynne.  She lovingly dug up some more of my 'stuff' so I took a step back for a little bit.  I feeling VERY confident now that I WILL make it to Stage #5....thanks to all of you here. 
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!   :-*

Much Love....Nancy
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: What Stage are we in now???
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 09:38:12 am »
Just thought I'd post a few thoughts in here and TRY and figure out where we are....in the 5 Steps.....Moving forward??  Stepping back? 

LOL @ 'Brokeback Mountain Broads'  :P  I see there's someone else here who's given up sleeping for Lent.  I sure didn't mean to cause a set-back...

Seriously, though, I'm of the opinion that these  'stages' are not linear or progressive.  We can move back and forth between them as we need to.

(((Hugs))) Back at you.
-Lynne
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 01:38:07 am by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline BBMGrandma

• Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 05:35:24 pm »
Seriously, though, I'm of the opinion that these  'stages' are not linear or progressive.  We can move back and forth between them as we need to.

(((Hugs))) Back at you.
-Lynne

I absolutely agree Lynne....and TRUST ME....I was HAPPY as a clam that you 'set me back' a bit!!  Gave me some MORE insight into my 'waffling'....so to speak.    ;)

HUGSSSSSSSSS.....Nancy
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline juneaux

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 12:08:53 am »
I like the Brokeback Broads!  To which posts of Lynne's are you referring?  I thought I was in 5 but should probably read what she has said.  (Just identify the inital post and I'll find it.)

Thanks!

J.
Truth never damages a cause that is just.
~Mohandas Gandhi

Offline BBMGrandma

• Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 02:29:25 am »
HI "J".....Lynne's post is in the "now what" thingee....then the BBM legacy....6 weeks

GO read it g/f.....it's inspiring and wonderful!! 

As I said..."LYNNE for PRESIDENT"   ;)

Nancy

Offline juneaux

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 01:36:13 am »

Thanks, Nancy.  I found Lynne's post~with your guidance~ and it was beautiful.  In the past few years I have found myself more in the activist position.  Anything that "touches" my heart I try find more about it.  Last year I volunteered with Lesbian Gay Rights League to keep Prop. #2 from becoming an amendment to our state constitution.  The year before that I worked on the campaign to elect a new state representative in my district.  Both were done because I felt they were the "right" thing to do.  Annoying the ultra conservatives was just a bonus.  (Kinda like Lynne joining the ACLU after 9/11.)

On another note I must be somewhat of a novice with message boards because I never am able to get back to where I've posted previously.  Forget about the fancy quote option.  I probably should reread the FAQs.  Anyone have any "tips" for me?  Suggestions would be appreciated.

~Mohandas Gandhi

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 03:13:49 am »
Hey you guys?!  What'd I say?  I've only been briefly checking in the last few days - busy w/bringing Mom home, getting the sitter oriented, getting the house acceptable for a stranger to be in residence,etc... - and I find ya'll talking 'bout a post of mine!??

From what I've gleaned, juneaux, you're feeling called to more of an activist lifestyle?  I am supportive of you 100%.  It's one of my goals which will eventually get noted on my blog when i get to that point.  I'm trying to take care of some immediate familial needs first before reaching out for doing more in the community.  I'm trying to look at my goals as stepping stones - commit to one for several weeks until it becomes a 'habit' then move to the next one.  And I think you have to focus on the personal before you can reach out effectively.  In general, things are moving along so well...when I think about being too frustrated or tired, I go back to that safe Ennis/Jack place and find my spirit renewed.

So count me in with respect to this activist work.  For 5 years in the Boston area I was associated with a non-profit related to suicide prevention.  I don't know the #'s off the top of my head, but a substantial number of people (teens, in particular) seeking help about suicidal ideation were struggling with sexual orientation issues.  This experience led me to pflag which is a tremendous organization and does amazing work.  I don't know how much is available outside the more major cities.  Here in middle-of-nowhere-TN, the answer is essentially 'nada'.

Juneaux/Nancy- let me know what/any ideas you have about this activist business.  I think I posted elsewhere about a contemporary writer, Suzanne Brockmann, but I'll restate here:  Her son is gay and she is closely involved in PFLAG and Boston area gay-rights groups.  She started out as a Harlequin writer but now is writing in hardback.  One of her principal characters, Jules Cassidy, is a gay FBI agent.  There has been quite a good response from her readers to her publishers about wanting Jules to have a 'happily ever after' of his own.  This would be a first in so-called 'women's fiction'.  He has a significant subplot in Hot Target that was very well-received and I recommmend it if you enjoy reading romantic suspense.  BTW, Suzanne Brockmann was the 2nd(?) mainstream writer for the Harlequin line to feature an African American couple (Harvard's Education).  She is having a reader's weekend in Atlanta this summer, which I'm planning to attend.  I'm sure that if questioned she would have some good ideas about places people could make a difference with respect to this issue.

Good night, my friends...more talk tomorrow.
Love,
Lynne
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 01:05:59 am by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline BBMGrandma

• Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 04:27:12 am »

On another note I must be somewhat of a novice with message boards because I never am able to get back to where I've posted previously.  Forget about the fancy quote option.  I probably should reread the FAQs.  Anyone have any "tips" for me?  Suggestions would be appreciated.

Juneax....hi Girl!!  I was SOO lost too in the forum at first.  I'm getting a wee bit better now so let's see if I can direct you...kind of...in your 'lost posting' plea!! If you go to PROFILE...on the left side you'll see a box.  It says something like..."last posts" and stuff.  Click on there and it should take ya back to where you wanna be!!  HOPEFULLY... :-\

There's all sorts of stuff you can do there!!  OMG....but when Philip made me a moderator..?? LOL LOL  I clicked somewhere kind of accidentally and somehow sent something to ALL MEMBERS of the forum!!  YIKES!!!  Philip was soooo sweet when he alerted me!!  I THINK he was kind of laughing...hopefully!!  LOL

Hope it works "J".....Hugsssss....Nancy

Offline BBMGrandma

• Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 04:48:47 am »
Juneaux/Nancy- let me know what/any ideas you have about this activist business. 

Hi Lynne....t'ain't me...Lynne!!  It's Juneaux and Iris who are taking the path up our mountain.  I'm getting tooooo friggin old for that stuff now.  I DID my thing....believe me.  Now I'm content to hermit myself here with my PUPS and love all of you from here!!  I CAN, though, offer my love and help and support....for sure!! 

I'm soo glad to hear that you're settling in with Mom....Lynne.  You better be being a good girl....and telling  your MOM that we're sending ALL our love and good wishes.  OH...and a HUGE warm HUG too!!   Please don't overdo....Lynne.  Try and settle in around that 'campfire' once in a while....and feel the warmth and love. 

Did you say that you're having a live-in?  Oooo...if that's true...that will be SUCH a good move.  Then you can spend quality time with your MOM...instead of doing ALL the tending and such. 
Read Brokeback again to her!!  Watch "Walk the line"....good stuff like that.   :)

I like your idea of making your own..."stepping stones"" to pace yourself and get into that 'groove'. Sounds to me like a very good plan...Lynne. 

I KNOW that you're thinking..."Ok Nancy...when are you gonna start that blog?"   ;)
I promise I will Lynne...just been dealing with some outside stuff lately...but hanging in there!!  I, too, go and settle into my sweet smelling campsite...listen to the river rushing by...look up at the crystal clear sky and watch shooting stars with my 'boys'  Life is ALWAYS sweet there...isn't it?

Love all you guys....MUCH Love....Nancy  :-*

Offline juneaux

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 01:01:10 am »

Juneax....hi Girl!!  I was SOO lost too in the forum at first.  I'm getting a wee bit better now so let's see if I can direct you...kind of...in your 'lost posting' plea!! If you go to PROFILE...on the left side you'll see a box.  It says something like..."last posts" and stuff.  Click on there and it should take ya back to where you wanna be!!  HOPEFULLY... :-\

There's all sorts of stuff you can do there!!  OMG....but when Philip made me a moderator..?? LOL LOL  I clicked somewhere kind of accidentally and somehow sent something to ALL MEMBERS of the forum!!  YIKES!!!  Philip was soooo sweet when he alerted me!!  I THINK he was kind of laughing...hopefully!!  LOL

Hope it works "J".....Hugsssss....Nancy

It took me HOW long to get back to this message?!?!  :D   Oh, well~ I'm a work in progress never to be completed.  Thank you for the navigation tips, Nancy.  Believe it or not I have been getting around this site swifter than before.  My problem now is that I don't get to spend enough time on this site. (Work has been so hectic that I'm only able to login a few times a week.)  "Never enough time...never enough".
~Mohandas Gandhi