Author Topic: How often do you think about Brokeback Mountain?  (Read 21275 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: How often do you think about Brokeback Mountain?
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2007, 10:36:16 am »
I used to think constantly of the movie, but now I no longer do. Sorry if I offend some of you. It seems like I have moved on.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2007, 01:56:55 pm »
Well said Chrissi!!!  :D

Thanks for that post!

Thank you David.

I love your new avatar  :).  Don't deprive us from the bigger version of it, post it on your blog, babe  ;D  ;)

Dagi

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2007, 06:21:59 pm »
OR  ... you can post it right here!!!

Susie

YES, PLEASE!!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2007, 09:58:41 pm »

Ennis and Jack are not anymore my first thought in the morning when I wake up, at least not every day. But there are still days when I wake up and know I must have dreamt about them, because they are already on my mind. It's more a feeling than a aware thought. They're just there. Does that sound creepy, more than one year later? I hope I'm not the only one.

No, I don't think it sounds creepy at all.  I'm sure lots of us can relate to this.

I have a related question to the topic of dreams and being a Brokie.  Does anyone ever have dreams about being on the boards?  I'll admit that I often find myself having dreams about surfing around BetterMost or posting, etc. 
 ::) 8)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2007, 11:45:33 pm »
I have a related question to the topic of dreams and being a Brokie.  Does anyone ever have dreams about being on the boards?  I'll admit that I often find myself having dreams about surfing around BetterMost or posting, etc.

Yes! Not so much as I did when I first came here, though. I think it's become more ingrained in my identity -- it's just part of who I am, so I don't specifically dream about it.

I do sometimes dream about friends I have here. And I dreamed about Heath the other night. Not in an X-rated way, unfortunately, but it was perfectly nice!  :D

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2007, 01:57:29 am »
I will be retiring next year and fantasize about retiring to the country, where I will purchase acreage and have a little homestead built, which I will name "Cherry Cake Cottage." Part of my retirement plans also involve fantasizing about buying two little Pomeranians - a black one which I will name Jack and a ginger one which I will name Ennis.

That is so cool--I hope you do get to do that when you retire. Pommies have the sweetest personality--the ones I've known do, at least.

Kerry--I enjoyed reading your whole post. That's amazing. Brokeback Fever for sure!! :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2007, 02:36:06 am »
That is so cool--I hope you do get to do that when you retire. Pommies have the sweetest personality--the ones I've known do, at least.

Kerry--I enjoyed reading your whole post. That's amazing. Brokeback Fever for sure!! :)

I'm a sad case!   ;)   :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Artiste

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2008, 03:06:07 pm »
Every day!!

Why??

Hugs!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2008, 12:05:23 am »
Its been two years now, and lot of people are moving on. After I go to some other political and sci-fi web sites I usually come to Bettermost, 3 or 4 times a week. But the intensity of my interest in Brokeback Mountain has lessened.

I look forward to a release at some date in the future of a new DVD that has a director's and screenwriter's commentary track. I really would like to hear Ang Lee and others opine about the film. I am puzzled that it is taking so long to get a commentary track released.

any thoughts or grapevine info about when a commentary track will be released?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2008, 12:19:22 pm »
Everyday, for months, more than a year now!!

Almost constantly at times, some time in my bed (of all places!!)

Hugs!!