Author Topic: A Mother's Love - Chapter XIX Update  (Read 19214 times)

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
A Mother's Love - Chapter XIX Update
« on: January 05, 2008, 12:29:16 am »
Chapter update, hope you enjoy!  :)  

http://passionscowboys.livejournal.com/
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:46:59 am by marina del mar »
“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: A Mother's Love - Chapter 12 Update
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 01:19:12 pm »
Haven't updated in awhile, but here are a couple of new chapters: 

http://passionscowboys.livejournal.com/

Hope you enjoy -

PC
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 10:39:24 am by passionscowboys »
“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: A Mother's Love - Chapter XIII Update
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 12:24:12 pm »
New Chapter - Chapter XIII Update.  :)
~Rachel Carson~

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: A Mother's Love - Chapter XIII, Part II Update
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 02:19:39 pm »
New Chapter Update - Part II - hope you enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!  :)

Part II  http://passionscowboys.livejournal.com/13199.html#cutid1
Part I   http://passionscowboys.livejournal.com/11223.html#cutid1

Previous Chapters:    http://passionscowboys.livejournal.com/

~Rachel Carson~

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 05:50:14 pm »
I started this story way back but didn't keep up with it. I reread the entire story after the update and it is just haunting me for some reason. I love the narrative style, the dropping in on different points in time. I also like the variation on the sweet life-that they are in a loving relationship while living apart. There is a sense of reality about that-that they don't just jump into living together. Now that I'm all into it, I hope the updates are bit more frequent  :-\

Heathen

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 03:11:28 pm »
Thank you so much for such a lovely and thoughtful comment.  Glad you're enjoying the story.   I like your choice of words, haunting.  I found the original short story and film so haunting - the what if's, the if only's, especially in the film, where Ennis and Jack and their environment is so vividly brought to life.  They are such wonderful and inspring characters, and I cant seem to forget them, and don't want to.  I'm haven't been the best of story updaters, but I hope my version of Ennis and Jack will speak to me a bit more regularly now too!  Thanks again for such a nice comment.  :)
~Rachel Carson~

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: A Mother's Love - Chapter XIV Update
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 11:16:40 am »
Sorry for the long delay, but a new Chapter.  :)
~Rachel Carson~

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: A Mother's Love - Chapter XV Update
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 12:31:38 pm »
Chapter XV Update - Happy Independence Day!  :)
~Rachel Carson~

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: A Mother's Love - Chapter XVI Update
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 12:06:09 am »
Chapter XVI Update - Ennis and Jack try for their chance at the sweet life.  :)
~Rachel Carson~

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: A Mother's Love - Chapter XVII Update
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 08:34:13 am »
Chapter XVII - end of summer.   :)
~Rachel Carson~