Author Topic: Anyone unable to watch BBM stars in other films?  (Read 30117 times)

yb

Re: Anyone unable to watch BBM stars in other films?
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 09:05:00 am »
For me Heath is Ennis and allways be Ennis. He was born to play that role.

Yes, Heath was born to play Ennis.  But he's also a chameleon, so I don't have any problem watching his other films.

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 09:38:00 am »
Maybe you couldn't watch The Day After Tomorrow, Br. P., because it was a really really bad movie! I suffered through it on a plane and just kept shaking my head at its awfulness.

L

Agreed.. The movie itself sucked but the surround sound was fantastic.  But then I would see Jake and 'freak' out  ~  !!!   :o

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 09:41:21 am »
I'm pretty much the same way Bud.  I just chalk it up to an unusual symptom of Brokie fever.

I guess it's REALLY "If you can't fix it, then you gotta stand it" for me.   Glad I'm not alone~!

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 09:45:46 am »

I dont know why, but for some reason, Brokeback Mountain was such a separated place, the two
stars are not Jack and Ennis, to me.
          When I see them in other movies, they arent the same people at all....I guess that is better..But the
thing that makes me see Jake in a movie and Jack I guess too when you think of it.. Is his walk.  He has a
very unique walk.  He cant disguise it.

Beautiful mind

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 09:47:09 am »
I don't have a problem seeing them in other movies. It always amazes me how Heath simply disapears into a character, though some things he carries from character to character. I loved Jake in Zodiac, which he had more scenes, and loved Anne Hathaway in Devil Wears Prada, have not seen Michelle Williams since BBM.

The other night I saw the trailer for the new Batman Movie and man, it looks like a real departure for Heath. He was hardly recognizable. Meanwhile I saw Maggie Gylenhaal in the trailer and thought of the internet story that circulated that Heath saved her from fire on the set and she gave him a quick kiss and he was like I got better than that from your brother!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 09:52:09 am »
For me Heath is Ennis and allways be Ennis. He was born to play that role.

I totally agree especially after hearing him speak in his native Australian accent.   I can't imagine any other actor I know of who could pull the convoluted person that Ennis is OUT- except Heath.   I'm glad that you can watch Jake and enjoy him in other roles.  It's LIMITING for me and I'm well aware of that.

But then, I am certified..

1. A Brokie (not alone here - teehee  ;)   )
2. Affectively Disordered
3. Social Anxiety Disordered
4. Disabled
5. Computer Geek
6. Jesus-Freak
7. Near-death experiece returnee
8. Benedictine monk
9. A nice guy, very shy, I cannot lie..

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 02:02:56 pm by Br. Patrick »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 09:53:58 am »
I watched part of Bubble Boy again.  I love that silly movie.  LOL.

But I keep looking at the younger Jake and seeing a young Jack Twist.   You just want to grab him and hug him.     :'(

That's the way I feel about October Sky, which I never saw until way after Brokeback. You can watch Jake do what's supposed to be a West Virginia accent, and you can hear Jack. But I like October Sky, and I actually found a copy of it on tape (  :o ) to give to my dad for Christmas, and he liked it, too.

I never got around to seeing Zodiac. The more I read about it, the less it seemed like my kinda movie. Plus, it was long, and reviews were mixed. I didn't see Jarhead until after Brokeback, and I don't recall seeing Jack in Jake's performance there.

As for Heath, I hated A Knight's Tale (I do medieval and Renaissance reenactments, so the rock music drove me around the bend). I'd like to see Casanova some day, but then I like "costumers." Candy and I'm Not There are definitely not my kinda movie.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 09:57:35 am »

As for Heath, I hated A Knight's Tale (I do medieval and Renaissance reenactments, so the rock music drove me around the bend). I'd like to see Casanova some day, but then I like "costumers." Candy and I'm Not There are definitely not my kinda movie.

I liked Casanova. It was light, fun, silly entertainment, plus it had lots of beautiful scenes of Venice. Heath looks so relaxed, too. I read that he signed on to do Casanova in large part to have a six month "vacation" in Venice after the stress of doing Brokeback.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

yb

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 10:05:01 am »
I liked Casanova. It was light, fun, silly entertainment, plus it had lots of beautiful scenes of Venice. Heath looks so relaxed, too. I read that he signed on to do Casanova in large part to have a six month "vacation" in Venice after the stress of doing Brokeback.

L

I read somewhere that Heath at first thought Casanova was a serious movie and he researched for this character on the internet, then he discovered it's different from what he thought so he went along and have fun.  But I think it worked better that way so that he could unwind after the stressful experience of BBM.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 10:23:50 am »
I read somewhere that Heath at first thought Casanova was a serious movie and he researched for this character on the internet, then he discovered it's different from what he thought so he went along and have fun.  But I think it worked better that way so that he could unwind after the stressful experience of BBM.

Yes, Betty, I remember reading that too.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!