Author Topic: Choice for President....Democratic  (Read 8217 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Choice for President....Democratic
« on: January 09, 2008, 04:55:39 am »

Lets try and see if the following time leading up to the Election '08 is showing the final results.\
       Leading up to "Super Tuesday"

Beautiful mind

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
Re: Choice for President....Democratic
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 12:25:35 am »
If I were a Democrat and espoused a leftist ideology, I would have picked Edwards as he most coherently talked the talk. As far as the likeability factor it would be Obama.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 12:45:42 am »
Barack Obama as president and Hillary Clinton as VP would be fine with me. I like John Edwards too. But I think Barack should definately become president.

In my opinion.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 01:00:22 am »
It could happen that Obama is elected in November, especially if he runs against McCain.

Many of us who usually vote GOP, are looking at Obama with interest. We don't like McCain at all, and that is putting it politely. Obama's engaging personality, lack of artifice, and obvious leadership qualities could have some of us overlooking his policy statements, which are far to the left of us, and focusing on him as the right person for the job of President.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 03:06:54 am »

I voted for Clinton as president and Obama as v.p.

I really like them both, but I prefer Clinton.  I'll be pretty happy either way.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 11:56:00 pm »
I'm going to vote for Clinton tomorrow. It was a hard pick between her and Obama. I'm not even 100% sure why I picked one over the other. I don't think Clinton or Obama will pick the other as their VP.

I used to be so excited on election days. But after the last two presidential elections/disasters I don't have the same excitement. I'll never stop voting though.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 12:11:48 am »
I'll never stop voting though.

Heya Wishes!  I completely understand your frustration with presidential politics in recent history...  but what you said here is such a good attitude! 

I also believe that it's really so important to keep voting... considering how hard-won the right to vote was for so many people, including women and African Americans in the U.S.

In this case, this time around, I truly am excited about the general, historic circumstance with the now-clear fact that the nominee by one of the major parties will be either a woman or an African American.  I think it's so exciting and wonderful that it almost gives me chills.  This goes quite a bit beyond either Clinton or Obama as individual candidates.  But, as a Democrat, I'm also quite pleased with both of them.  So, I'll be content no matter how it shakes out in the end.  I'm still slightly more of a Hillary supporter though.

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 12:26:05 am »
Hi atz, yes this really will be a historic nomination!

I get frustrated with how many people do not vote. I know a lot of people who do not vote. I could not wait to register when I turned 18 and have been faithfully voting ever since.

I'll be glued to CNN Tuesday night!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 01:26:14 am »
Hi atz, yes this really will be a historic nomination!

I get frustrated with how many people do not vote. I know a lot of people who do not vote. I could not wait to register when I turned 18 and have been faithfully voting ever since.

I'll be glued to CNN Tuesday night!

:) 
Yeah, I remember I registered to vote right after I turned 18 too.  They had a special event in my high school during lunch hour one day where kids who were already 18 could go register.  It's a really exciting memory.

And, yes the results Tuesday will be really exciting to see roll in.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 04:35:19 am »
I registered to vote when I turned 18 too. The first time I voted was in 1980 when Reagan first ran for president. I don't remember who I voted for, but I know it wasn't Reagan.

Indiana won't participate in Super Tuesday, so we'll have to trust ya'll to make a good decision for us. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.