Author Topic: OT: Jake and his tongue!  (Read 14080 times)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: OT: Jake and his tongue!
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2006, 05:23:41 pm »
Actually Rtprod, I thought it was a habit of cowboys who dip tobacco, it causes a tongue habit. So the tongue sorta looked appropriate in that scene posted by DeeDee.

Does Jake dip tobacco? I know his character, Jack Twist,  smokes tobacco in the film. Don't remember him dippin any. 

rtprod

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2006, 05:26:27 pm »
Actually Rtprod, I thought it was a habit of cowboys who dip tobacco, it causes a tongue habit. So the tongue sorta looked appropriate in that scene posted by DeeDee.

Does Jake dip tobacco? I know his character, Jack Twist,  smokes tobacco in the film. Don't remember him dippin any. 

Hi Kd,

Well that may be so, but maybe that particular dramatic moment wasn't the best place to express such a habit -- lol.

rt

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2006, 05:30:36 pm »
Hi Kd,

Well that may be so, but maybe that particular dramatic moment wasn't the best place to express such a habit -- lol.

rt

Hmmm RT, something tells me that if Heath-baby was the one with the lip-licking habit, you would be singing a different tune..hunh?? lol!

You could interpret Jake's lip-licking in that scene in different ways:
1) habit
2) tobacco-dipping
3) Brought on by such close proximity to Ennis looking so damn fine in them jeans! *sigh*..

I pick (3)!  ;D

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2006, 05:42:15 pm »
Hmmm RT, something tells me that if Heath-baby was the one with the lip-licking habit, you would be singing a different tune..hunh?? lol!

1) habit
2) tobacco-dipping
3) Brought on by such close proximity to Ennis looking so damn fine in them jeans! *sigh*..

I pick (3)!  ;D

Yay!!!! Lets hear it for #3
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

rtprod

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2006, 05:46:56 pm »

1) habit
2) tobacco-dipping

I pick (3)!  ;D

LOL, well, something tells me it's time for you Gyllenhaalics to sober it up!  A bit of advice:  Take two Tylenol before bed and pray it's gone in AM.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2006, 05:51:10 pm »

Yay!!!! Lets hear it for #3

Yess!!  :P

*sigh*

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2006, 05:53:13 pm »
LOL, well, something tells me it's time for you Gyllenhaalics to sober it up!  A bit of advice:  Take two Tylenol before bed and pray it's gone in AM.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hehe..wait RT..I am a Gyllenhaalic..yes, but I am also a Heathen!  Am I doomed?  How can I sober up? 
What can I do?  Where can I go?  Please, talk to me!  :-\
 :P

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2006, 08:48:00 am »
Actually... Just watched BBM again last night for the 9th time, but 1st I noticed how much he does stick his tongue out in the film too!
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2006, 11:26:41 am »
BUMP! I will watch when I have time. LOL I have just written on my "to-do list" "watch Jake's tounge" LOL that sounds so weird. :P I will tell you what I think when I have more time.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

rtprod

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2006, 02:26:41 pm »
Hehe..wait RT..I am a Gyllenhaalic..yes, but I am also a Heathen!  Am I doomed?  How can I sober up? 
What can I do?  Where can I go?  Please, talk to me!  :-\
 :P

Well Lucise, here's the real deal. 

One is like being on a hallucinogenic drug that makes you see all sorts of weird things that aren't there. 

The other is just a really mellow, relaxed kind of high you don't have to come down from, where everything is crystal clear. 

Only way to get rid of the first is to go cold turkey.  Indulge in the second. 

rt
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 02:35:58 pm by rtprod »