Author Topic: 7 Up Woman  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
7 Up Woman
« on: January 28, 2008, 12:10:21 pm »
Okay so I watched Brokeback last night, it was okay, sad but okay.

I noticed, for the first time, that when Ennis is going back to the sheep, on that patch of loose rock, a fly buzzes past the lens of the camera.

Also I noticed something else, maybe someone can tell me what they think.

At the 4th of July fireworks, when the bikers arrive this blond woman with a 7-Up bottle in her hand scoots back out of their way. Later, when Cassie first gets Ennis to dance, there is a blond woman at a table with another woman, talking to a man who is standing. Is this the same woman? The look a lot alike.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

moremojo

Re: 7 Up Woman
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 12:35:11 pm »
Is this the same woman? The look a lot alike.
I have noticed this too, and feel absolutely sure that they are one and the same woman. As both scenes take place in Riverton, one can perhaps assume that in the context of the film, this is some local woman who happens to show up twice, although she has not aged noticeably between the 1966 fireworks scene and the late 70's bar scene. It is perhaps more likely that the woman was just an extra who was on hand for both scenes, and the filmmakers didn't give too much thought to audiences taking much notice of her, much less note the resemblance.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 01:30:23 pm »
I never noticed that woman.  Yall have good eyes!

I've always wondered about a male extra who I believe may be in 3 different scenes:

- Walking by the laundromat (almost getting hit by Ennis' truck) as Ennis swings into the parking lot before getting Jack's first postcard.
- Walking down the street in the background as Alma marches off to work the extra shift.
- As "Carl", Cassie's date at the diner.

This looks like the same guy to me.  What do yall think?

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 01:54:53 pm »
Interesting about the maybe same woman! Maybe, that says something?

Also, interesting about the same man, maybe it is!! Waiting for that result too, may I know.

I did extras in films and usually (all the times I saw) nothing is left to chance. But that is only my experiences.
Even last year.

I know that if I would direct or produce or so, nothing would be left for chance; neither is that so in the paintings I created, maybe some (which remain unseen to the public) but not in the master museum pieces I present!!

You 3 bring up good sights to review.

Awaiting your news,
 hugs and keep care!!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 02:14:18 pm »
Laura I think your right, The diner and the apartment are both in Ft. Macleod and the alley is in Cowley, just up the road so they could have used Will Martin in all three, maybe with a little padding in the initial scene since it was colder. If Cassie had not called him by name he probably would not have been credited.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 06:26:12 pm »
having been an extra myself, albeit for a soap rather than a film, its pretty damn likely - nothing is done in chronological order and they make you change your hair, and outfits every few hours.

I know for example, I was in scenes that were meant to be different days - walking in the background etc. Pushing a pram, then sitting drinking a coffee, then carrying a shopping bag etc etc.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/