Author Topic: Were Jack's parents, others, invited to his wedding?  (Read 5563 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Were Jack's parents, others, invited to his wedding?
« on: January 21, 2008, 10:57:52 am »

This may seem to be a simple question? But likely, it is not, may I say.

In bed this morning, I had to go back in it to think about that and found out that question is complicated. In many ways.

There are many ways to reply to that.

Bienvenue, welcome all to comment... as often as you like.

Hugs!! And here is also an added question:   Would you have went to Jack's wedding?

Offline Artiste

Re: Were Jack's parents, others, invited to his wedding?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 03:30:57 pm »
To me, that is an important question.

May we all comment...

hugs!   Weddings are important!!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 04:10:07 pm »

This may seem to be a simple question? But likely, it is not, may I say.

In bed this morning, I had to go back in it to think about that and found out that question is complicated. In many ways.

There are many ways to reply to that.

Bienvenue, welcome all to comment... as often as you like.

Hugs!! And here is also an added question:   Would you have went to Jack's wedding?

I think it is a valid question - one that I've pondered, myself.  I think Jack's parents were invited to the wedding.  I envision Lureen as a traditional woman who was used to getting what she wanted.  I can see her wanting, and getting, a splashy wedding, with many guests invited.  I can't image that Jack's parents wouldn't be invited.

Jack's parents, as well as scores of others were invited, IMHO.  Of course, I could be wrong about this.  There is a chance that Lureen favored a small intimate wedding, but even in that case, Jack's parents would have been invited.  But whether or not they attended is a different question.

Cool thread, Artiste!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 05:50:23 pm »
Thanks very much littlewing1957!

I never saw your pen-name before, so May I welcome you.

Your comment is very interesting. Thanks for your interest!! I am vey glad that I am not the only one thinking about this subject!!

Since I think that maybe Jack's parents were not at his wedding, I ask you to try to prove if they were... please.

Hugs!! May all parents be invited and go to their daughter(s) or son(s) wedding, be that marrying a gay man, a lesbian woman, an bisexual person, a heterosexual, or another orientation, who will be spouse!!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 10:59:45 pm »
Thanks very much littlewing1957!

I never saw your pen-name before, so May I welcome you.

Your comment is very interesting. Thanks for your interest!! I am vey glad that I am not the only one thinking about this subject!!

Since I think that maybe Jack's parents were not at his wedding, I ask you to try to prove if they were... please.

Hugs!! May all parents be invited and go to their daughter(s) or son(s) wedding, be that marrying a gay man, a lesbian woman, an bisexual person, a heterosexual, or another orientation, who will be spouse!!

No, I'm not saying that they were there, Artiste.  I'm just saying I'm sure they were invited.  I don't necessarily think they showed up, and I have no way of proving that they did or did not attend.  I'm just saying I think they did get an invitation to the wedding.  Leave Jack's parents off the guest list? I can't image Jack nor Lureen making such a grave oversight.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 11:29:53 pm »
Thanks littlewing1957!

I am puzzled if Jack's parents there at his wedding.

To quote you:
Leave Jack's parents off the guest list? I can't image Jack nor Lureen making such a grave oversight.

May I reply, that I would not be that surprised that Jack's parents were NOT invited.

You do explain well. I wish I had reasons to answer you. They vary so far, in my reasoning.

Oh, do you think Lureen is pregnant with Jack's baby? May I ask...

hugs!!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 01:25:31 am »
Thanks littlewing1957!

I am puzzled if Jack's parents there at his wedding.

To quote you: ....

May I reply, that I would not be that surprised that Jack's parents were NOT invited.

You do explain well. I wish I had reasons to answer you. They vary so far, in my reasoning.

Oh, do you think Lureen is pregnant with Jack's baby? May I ask...

hugs!!

I'm curious, Artiste, why do you think Jack's parents were not invited?  You must have a reason for feeling this way.  You can tell me.  You can answer.

As far as Lureen being pregnant when she met Jack?  Well, I did read the thread discussing this issue with great interest.  To tell the truth, I never gave it much thought until I read an "essay" posted over at IMDB by a gentleman who used to post here under the name "RuthlesslyUnsentimental."  The title of his "essay" was called "Bobby the Bastard," and he presented some very compelling evidence to support his theory that Lureen was indeed pregnant when she met Jack.  I sure wish I had the essay saved, as it was very well written and had me convinced that Lureen was pregnant when she met Jack.  I'm not so sure now, however.  I'll ask some of the regulars over at the other Board (TOoP, hint..hint) and if I find "Bobby the bastard" I'll post it here.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 11:36:02 am »
Thanks very much littlewing1957! (I hard written 1967, and made you younger, lucky you!! ha! ha!)

I just read once only your comment and am very glad you did it! I will re-read it often because of its wonderful contents.

I want to reply to you. But I am scared. Many or all here have been putting me down because I am now considering Lureen to be a real lesbian!! I think that this subject hurts many females, even the ones on Bettermost; even lesbians, it seems maybe. Some or one lesbian, so far, do NOT understand me when I say Lureen is lesbian!! Wonders of wonders, like Annie's story and the BM movie!!

1- Firstly:
Bobby is NOT a bastard. Lureen was raped, or she raped herself; that is complicated. I just realized that by reading your comment.

2- This (no. 1) might be a reason that Jack's parents were not invited to her wedding!! There are other reasons, or BM movie facts!!

3- Maybe her own parents were not neither invited to her wedding? Wow, you say. And far-fetched?? It is a possibility!! Remains to be proven... maybe. I had facts...about that question, but can not remember; maybe they are in my notes.

More later... you have many puzzles already to ponder (I can not sleep easily since I think often npow about her as lesbian),

and in return, can you find me that essay you mention and post it here to me, please,

hugs!!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 11:48:51 am »
Artiste you seem almost obssessed with Laureen being a lesbian. Yet you still havn,t explained, in coherent plain simple English, WHY you think this ? Where is the "evidence"? Yes she looked at Lawshawn, but again, as I said before, she could simply be admiring her dress or her hair. It doesn,t mean shes gay. Just explain, in simply plain English how you ahve come to this conclusion, because I think your the only one who has.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 11:50:15 am »
what a great question! I suspect that they were invited, but I doubt that they attended. I wonder how much contact the Twists would have had with their grandson as he grows up?