Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629939 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Heath Ledger dead - grieving thread
« Reply #350 on: January 23, 2008, 04:03:20 pm »
No I understand exactly what you mean.  Jimmy Dean and Marilyn Monroe aren't really remembered for there problems with drugs and such.  I don't know...when I think Marilyn Monroe I think Some Like It Hot...not her reputation for drugs and how she passed. 

welcome forgotten spirit - nice to see you even in this sad time.

Also - people saying that he was naked. It reminds me of the jumping off the cliff scene - so happy  :) -  and I can imagine in real life he was very much a walk about the house naked type of guy - I dont think that add a thing to the issues of him dying.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline BennyBoy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Brokeback Newbie
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #351 on: January 23, 2008, 04:04:02 pm »
The hideously sad part is that this is so common now, that I fear he will fall into the pantheon of troubled and talented people who died too young.  He deserves more than that.

Young Hollywood...so complicated. 

In all honesty I expected Britney to go long before Heath...
I want to know God's thoughts... the rest are details. - Albert Einstein

Offline BennyBoy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Brokeback Newbie
« Reply #352 on: January 23, 2008, 04:08:03 pm »
welcome forgotten spirit - nice to see you even in this sad time.

Also - people saying that he was naked. It reminds me of the jumping off the cliff scene - so happy  :) -  and I can imagine in real life he was very much a walk about the house naked type of guy - I dont think that add a thing to the issues of him dying.

Thank you.  It's nice to be here.

I want to know God's thoughts... the rest are details. - Albert Einstein

Offline Oregondoggie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #353 on: January 23, 2008, 04:15:30 pm »
Had these thoughts last night...

To wherever souls go, 
To whatever pastures lie in the mountains of Heaven,
a full loving moon guides our Heath tonight. 

Eternal joy, Dear Soul...

Your Ennis Del Mar gave courage to so many, freed so many hearts from fear.   

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #354 on: January 23, 2008, 04:17:16 pm »
Young Hollywood...so complicated. 

In all honesty I expected Britney to go long before Heath...

yeah if I had read that on the news last night - I wouldn't have been surprised at all.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #355 on: January 23, 2008, 04:27:53 pm »
The words of Oregondoggie:

To wherever souls go, 
To whatever pastures lie in the mountains of Heaven,
a full loving moon guides our Heath tonight. 

Eternal joy, Dear Soul...

Your Ennis Del Mar gave courage to so many, freed so many hearts from fear.   

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

moremojo

« Reply #356 on: January 23, 2008, 04:50:30 pm »
I was wondering - can he possibly get nominated for the batman movie?
I'm pretty sure that he cannot be nominated for or receive an Academy Award posthumously. The nomination he did receive for Brokeback Mountain was a well-deserved honor and a real achievement, even though he didn't win.

Of course, Jake is still here (and Michelle too, for that matter) to carry the overdue-award torch forward in their own careers.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #357 on: January 23, 2008, 04:52:54 pm »
I'm pretty sure that he cannot be nominated for or receive an Academy Award posthumously. The nomination he did receive for Brokeback Mountain was a well-deserved honor and a real achievement, even though he didn't win.

Of course, Jake is still here (and Michelle too, for that matter) to carry the overdue-award torch forward in their own careers.

Sure he could.

Peter Finch won a posthumous Oscar for "Network".
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #358 on: January 23, 2008, 04:53:35 pm »
In any event, I'd like to tell you about something I heard while I was in the hospital for depression.  A staff member told us in our group therapy session one day that perhaps we should do away with the word suicide because it implies a sense of guilt.  He went on to say that we don't blame a person for dying of cancer, or any other disease, and the people who commit suicid have succumbed to a disease.  They died of depression.

Hugs to all.  Hang in there.  And remember that it'll get better.

Thanks, Gary.  Hugs to you, too.

And this is exactly what I was trying to say - that if Heath's death was not accidental, it should be said that he died of depression, not of suicide.  I actually tell people close to me (and you all are, so I'll tell you, too) that my mother died of depression.  While she didn't succeed at taking her own life when I was 12, and she went into rehab for alcoholism shortly thereafter and was clean and sober for the rest of her life, she replaced one addiction with a couple of others - smoking and overeating.  She never did get proper treatment for her depression - back in the 70s and 80s when she tried, there was no such thing as SSRIs, and the pills that were available just made her as much of a zombie as the alcohol did.

My wish for Heath, like many (if not all) of yours here, is that it was a heart attack or a stroke, or even - though it would be that much more tragic - accidental overdose or a lethal interaction between prescribed drugs.  Mostly because I hate the thought of anyone suffering from depression - I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, let alone someone I admired and respected like Heath.  But also because I hate the thought of him forever being stigmatized by ignorant people who don't realize that it's the depression that kills, not some weakness or selfishness or other character flaw.

No more beans!

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #359 on: January 23, 2008, 04:53:55 pm »
My parents told me someone who died and that it's something I won't want it to hear. I expected it to be Britney (I am fan of hers), but when I saw "Heath Ledger 1979-2008" I was mortified.

I felt really numb after that, and I couldn't muster anything to say about it. I went back and looked through all my Brokeback Mountain pictures. And I cried myself to sleep.

I didn't expect this. I had no idea. I wish it never happened, and it's so hard to accept the fact that he's dead.
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger