Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629946 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #470 on: January 24, 2008, 04:57:59 pm »

I'm still horribly sad that Heath is gone, sad for Matilda and everyone else in his life who loved him and sad for all the movies he won't be in, but to my relief I'm much less angry.  I think I'll be ok.

Thanks for allowing me this therapy, people.

And thank you...we're all therapy for each other, right now. Thank God for Bettermost!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #471 on: January 24, 2008, 04:59:22 pm »
Thank God for Bettermost
You can say that twice and mean it!!!!!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #472 on: January 24, 2008, 05:25:12 pm »
I've been reading through the last 10 pages or so and there's so much I'd like to comment on, but I'll have to limit myself to this:

I don't know how Heath died. [  ] ........No matter what the truth is, it won't change my view of Heath.  He gave us Ennis, and for that, I will be eternally grateful.         
Yes. That sums up my opinion. I do sincerely HOPE it wasn't suicide, because it would be terrible to think that Heathfound himself in such a dark, lonely, hopeless emotional place.... but nothing points to suicide in the credible news reports I've read. Otherwise, - whatever the reason for his tragic and untimely death, that neither defines nor diminishes what he gave us and what he achieved in his life.

From Oilgun
I'm still horribly sad that Heath is gone, sad for Matilda and everyone else in his life who loved him and sad for all the movies he won't be in, but to my relief I'm much less angry.  I think I'll be ok.

It's very good to hear that. :)  In time, we all will be OK, I hope. Though it's gonna take some time getting there, I can feel.  :-\

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #473 on: January 24, 2008, 05:28:27 pm »
oilgun, I totally identify with your post.  I feel somehow...thwarted.  A good life lesson for us all, I guess.  Still, you had me laughing at this: I was even looking forward to defending him when he got old, bald and possibly Brando-fat and embarrassing.  (Of course, by then I'd be at best, a senile old man in Depends trying to feel-up disgusted orderlies, but that's beside the point.)  ;D

What you said makes me think "only the good die young". Which probably means Fred Phelps will still be tormenting us when he's 120 years old.

Ah, but he will die someday.  Nobody gets outta here alive.  And when he does, I hope that Hell he is so fond of describing has its mouth open wide to receive his tastiness.   ;)   

Contrary to what he and his people fervently believe, the Lord don't want him. 

Although, God does seem to have a wicked sense of humor, so He may let Phelps in when his time comes, just to let him see firsthand how many fags made it into Heaven.  After He sees the priceless look on Phelps's face, He'll quickly give him the bum's rush to Hell before he stinks up the place. 

;D  ;D  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #474 on: January 24, 2008, 05:50:32 pm »
Ah, but he will die someday.  Nobody gets outta here alive.  And when he does, I hope that Hell he is so fond of describing has its mouth open wide to receive his tastiness.     

Quote from: smellykellyjay on Today at 03:54:20 PM
Contrary to what he and his people fervently believe, the Lord don't want him. 

Although, God does seem to have a wicked sense of humor, so He may let Phelps in when his time comes, just to let him see firsthand how many fags made it into Heaven.  After He sees the priceless look on Phelps's face, He'll quickly give him the bum's rush to Hell before he stinks up the place. 

I love it!!
I think there is a special room in the deepest darkest part of hell for him and his ilk!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #475 on: January 24, 2008, 06:01:29 pm »
I just had hoped Phelps and his ilk would have drifted away to Guyana with kool aid, but he unfortunately remains a disgrace to my country.   Don't think he's allowed in Sweden or Ireland.  I hope Australia does likewise.

There has to be a ninth circle for ppl like him...

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #476 on: January 24, 2008, 06:02:38 pm »
  ...I'm angry that I let myself be sucked into the Heath universe only to be dumped just when it was getting really good. 

The bastard seduced me with his amazingly affecting, open and generous performances. They were so effective that I began to return the favour.  I let my guard down, opened up and made an emotional commitment.  For the first time in quite a while, I actually felt something.  After years of emotional self-preservation, I reciprocated.  I mean, it seemed like a pretty safe arrangement, a real win-win situation.

Let it out, Gil!  I bet you'll find that, in the long run, you're enriched by letting Heath into your life, as much as it hurts now. 

The parallels scream out:  Ennis counted on Jack always being there, but, shit happens!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #477 on: January 24, 2008, 06:39:26 pm »
{{{OILGUN}}}

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #478 on: January 24, 2008, 07:06:03 pm »
Thank you Eric for posting the link.

I know it's silly, but I feel like saving all those pics on my Heath album. Somehow I fear they might be gone soon.
Of course I won't, but I admit I have saved many pics the last two days. I've seen them often before (and had saved some), but I always thought they'd be around the net and around BetterMost always. Just like I thought Heath will be around, you know?

You know, i think I said this earlier in the thread but I do hope that someone close to Michelle and Matilda are saving all those pap photos.. because as you say they'll likely dissapear within a few years - certainly the more pap on the street catches him walking along soho ones..  :(

ah yes here it is...

But one concellation - there are so many pap pics of her with her daddy and with her daddy and mummy and her mummy and daddy together - book loads. These will dissapear over time I'm sure - by the time she goes to try and collect them many will have dissapeared from websites. I hope someone close has the hindsight to collect all these lovely pap photos.

Yes, paps can be the devil, but in this case they've recorded what a doting father he was - matilda will be able to see that from the photos.

((((OILGUN))))) We're here for you - don'c close up on us or anyone else - leave that legacy fior Heath.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Dagi

« Reply #479 on: January 24, 2008, 07:32:24 pm »
What counts, once we pass, is whether we leave traces of love.

Albert Schweitzer