Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 631985 times)

Offline "Joseph Golden"

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Dozy embrace solidified in his memory
Re: Heath Ledger dead - grieving thread
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2008, 01:11:23 am »
In Brokeback Mountain we lost Jack, Now in the real world we lose Heath. The pain we feel and share is real now, that sorrowful melancholy has returned with a vengeance.

Heath Ledger was a brilliant man and a wonderful father. He was amiable, eleemosynary and idiosyncrasy.
Although i didn't know him personally or ever met him. The films he choose to be apart of read to use all his characteristics and beliefs.

From "10 Things I Hate About You"
Where he showed us that you cant bind a relationship on deceit. There is noway of knowing how/what it could happen. The only thing we must show is when we do find that person. We must be scrupulous to those feelings and to the people involved.

To "Two Hands"
A person as young as 19 can get themselves in situations that can haunt them in ways they don't expect or care. That the people from the wrong sides of the track deal with there own life battles. Sometimes, although it might not be fair, we have to deal with the hand we are dealt with. Two's hands better than one. Or is it?

To "The Patriot"
Ones fathers lose, a child's murder and a family torn apart in a world that seems so far away. How one man can rise up to patriotism to revenge a sons socking slaughter. How a family can die from the inside out. Even though it was based 150 years ago. The themes are universal.

To "Monsters Ball"
The prejudice of a family that slowly has been watered down to a impassive approach to the world around them. Heath is bread from a blood line that still lived in the heart of many southern Americans no so long ago. In that the dark coloured world must be tormented, hated and discriminated upon. He showed a side of America that should be more alive than dead. In that we must except the change, not hate or fear ones that are a little darker than we are.

To "Ned Kelly"
A country's law enforcements gradual discrimination on a family in the 18th century. That led to a devastating effect on there lives. A men that on the surface robbed banks, but underlying a side that is universally renowned. The love for a family we all share. The things we would do for them. Here is where we learnt that the intolerance and discrimination of a police force kills all of the above inside and out.

To "Brokeback Mountain"
Probably Heaths most loved and remembered role, as Ennis Del Mar. Here we see the destructive effects of rural homophobia in its rawest form. The love of two men should be strong enough to hold time. But is torn apart by the hate of the world today. A film that was set in the 70's but making the world realise the hate and fear is still alive. Ennis Del Mar was abused by his father, feared the worlds prejudice and loved Jack Twist more than he could ever omit. Not till Jacks demise does he know the mistakes he made. If only the world could realize thier's.

Heath Ledger bleed though the roles his played. He showed his intolerance of society. His yearn for society to change its ways. Heath Ledger told us that the Tire Iron folk are unwanted and wont be tolerated anymore. That Racial prejudice of society has devastating effects on not only the victims but the enforcers.
We seen Heaths heart though his roles, we seen what he believes in and the trials he attempted to change.

I don't know Heath Ledger personally, but god i know what he believed in. To me that's the greatest achievement he achieved. His roles as a person and a actor transcends what it is we know about Heath.

The only other little tragedy that suppresses out grieve for Heath comes in the form of a child, her name is Matilda. The baby girl that will never know her dad. The child that has lost half her life. Her mother, her only life support torn apart by the realism and tragedy of her child's fathers death.

To Heath, Matilda, Michele, his friends and family. I say i prayer, by Bhagavad Gita.

For certain is death for the born
And certain is birth for the dead;
Therefore over the inevitable
Thou shouldst not grieve.

The fear that lies in the heart of many is the fear Heath committed suicide. Our hope that this is not true is evident in the eyes of those who morn his death.  The only other reason for his death, was a accident. To many this hurts more knowing his life was stolen at the hand of god. How he could allow something so tragic is beyond me.

It does not matter, Heath Ledger is dead at the young age of 28. That's the tragedy in all our hearts.

22nd of January will go down as the day we lost one of the good guys, one of our idols, our hero and our dream. The day Heath Ledger died. The day he was stolen from our world for reasons we will never know.
The day my sister also had a miscarriage.
A haunting, terrible and tragic day.

Thank You Heath, And Goodbye.
Don’t lie, don’t try to fool me, Ennis. I know what it means. Jack Twist? Jack Nasty.

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2008, 01:21:25 am »
I wonder how Jake reacted?

Yes, I'm wondering too. And who broke the news to him? I hope he didn't hear it on the news, like Heath's parents did [that's what one thread here says]. That would be even more sickening..

j.U.d.E.   :'(
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #242 on: January 23, 2008, 01:23:29 am »
The only bright spot in this otherwise abjectly miserable day is seeing so many of my old friends drop in to pay respects. You all have been such a huge part of my life and my happiness and having you here as part of my sorrow means everything.

Heathen

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #243 on: January 23, 2008, 01:30:45 am »

Me too.  Doesn't make sense.

Grieving reminds me of Heath's performance in the phone scene.

There was some very deep truth about grief in that scene.

Goddamn it.  :'(
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #244 on: January 23, 2008, 01:34:07 am »
I been thinking of Ennis sitting at the Twist table.........

"I feel awful bad about Jack......cant begin to say how bad I feel"
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #245 on: January 23, 2008, 01:37:05 am »
OMG Sue. Now I've lost it again.  :'(

It's already in the morning here, and it's still true.

Oh God.

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #246 on: January 23, 2008, 01:39:26 am »
Update: A statement from the family.

We, Heath's family, confirm the very tragic, untimely and accidental passing of our dearly loved son, brother and doting father of Matilda, who was found in a peaceful sleep in his New York apartment by his housekeeper at 3:30 p.m. (EST)," his father, Kim, read while accompanied by mother Sally and Ledger's sister, Katie.
"We would like to thank our friends and everyone around the world for their kind wishes at this time.

"Heath has touched so many people on so many different levels during his short life, but few had the pleasure to truly know him.

"He was a down-to-earth, generous, kind-hearted, life-loving and unselfish individual who was an extreme inspiration to many.

"Please now respect our family's need to grieve and come to terms with our loss privately."

The family was speaking from Applecross, Australia.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #247 on: January 23, 2008, 01:39:54 am »
http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5gH-PWamUZZ51wDO5UC0hUwaNXeOg

Excerpt:

In Australia, Ledger's father Kim spoke of his family's grief and said the actor's death was accidental.
"We, Heath's family can confirm the very tragic, untimely and accidental passing of our dearly loved son, brother and doting father of Matilda," Mr Ledger said in Perth.
"He was a down-to-earth, generous, kind-hearted, life-loving unselfish individual extremely inspirational to many."

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #248 on: January 23, 2008, 01:40:51 am »
I hope you are all okay. I thought I starting to be okay, but now I am just totally devastad again after watching the news and seeing Heath and how beautiful he was. It just is so sad, more than sad, I still don't have any real words.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #249 on: January 23, 2008, 01:41:59 am »
Update: A statement from the family.

We, Heath's family, confirm the very tragic, untimely and accidental passing of our dearly loved son, brother and doting father of Matilda, who was found in a peaceful sleep in his New York apartment by his housekeeper at 3:30 p.m. (EST)," his father, Kim, read while accompanied by mother Sally and Ledger's sister, Katie.
"We would like to thank our friends and everyone around the world for their kind wishes at this time.

"Heath has touched so many people on so many different levels during his short life, but few had the pleasure to truly know him.

"He was a down-to-earth, generous, kind-hearted, life-loving and unselfish individual who was an extreme inspiration to many.

"Please now respect our family's need to grieve and come to terms with our loss privately."

The family was speaking from Applecross, Australia.

I saw his parents interviewed on one of the major news networks here. It smashed my heart to pieces. I can't even begin to understand the anguish they are going through right now. It's heart wrenching.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.