Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142202 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #1040 on: July 15, 2009, 01:54:28 am »
Ugh!!!   >:(

(and that's not directed at anyone here, but at Vanity Fair and its interviewees.)

Terry Gilliam obviously has an interest in deflecting criticism that he himself was partly at fault for driving Heath too hard at that Parnassus shoot,- Heath had pneumonia/the flu and he kept on going cause of Gilliam's shoot. Obviously part of the reason he was taking all those pills was exhaustion in connection with the illness and the shoot. If Gilliam was such a good friend perhaps he should have recognized something was amiss while he had the chance? I'm only saying this to point out that anything Gilliam now says should IMO not be taken as the gospel of truth, but to some extent as one party's self-defense.

That aside, neither Heath nor Michelle ever commented on their split and I think it's in the poorest of taste for "friends" to second-guess the events like this and particularly to place blame with Michelle for Heath's death, like these people really seem to go a long way in doing. Obviously the two of them didn't get along after a while since they split. Obviously that would have been emotional and difficult and must have taken its heavy toll on both. Falling out of love isn't ever easy. Obviously there would be discussions and disagreements concerning the best way forward for their daughter whom both of them loved. Nothing of that is uncommon or makes Michelle into some ogress. It's a normal process of splitting up, I'd say - and as much a I dearly love and respect Heath I've never entertained the notion he was easy to live with - especially after there was a baby around who required planning ahead and orderly conditions.

If indeed it is true that Michelle cared more for the Oscar hullaballoo than Heath, that doesn't make her a bad person. Nor does it say anyhing much about her level of Oscar campaigning, for there could hardly have been anyone less comfortable about all that than Heath. In fact, look at how Reese Witherspoon campaigned and fought tooth and nail for *her* Oscar that same season - now that is what I would consider *really* going for the win. Michelle never came remotely close to anything like that. It's normal to want accolades from one's peers. If this is true at all.

I feel really bad for Michelle that friends of Heath would go public with such stories. If they were true friends they would realize that Heath would above else have wanted Matilda to have a good and happy life. You don't make the child happy by malingning her mother and blaming her (indirectly) for her father's death. I hope nothing of this reaches Matilda's ears.

And there can't be any doubt that Matilda has been taken good care of and is a sweet and happy little girl, and that Michelle loves her. That's the one important thing. All this speculation about what exactly led to Heath's death is tasteless and unneccesary.

Ugh.

I agree with everything you've said here Mikaela. I can't believe the things Gilliam would spread gossip around like that. I think Heath would be horrified that would say such nasty thinks about his personal life, true or not.

Is this really the only way Gilliam wants to continue interest in his movie? After having read this article, I'm not sure I'll spend my money on Gilliam!  >:(
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #1041 on: July 15, 2009, 03:34:11 am »
Well, it may be true, every last word, for all I know.... but that still doesn't mean Gilliam or anyone else has any business dishing this dirt on a man who has passed away and his ex who very obviously won't come foward to comment no matter what slander or "truth" these people level at her and her relationship with her daughter's father.

Even if every word is true it reflects extremely poorly on Gilliam that he doesn't just keep his mouth shut - the main thing he risks is hurting Matilda, and whatever went on in Heath's life that was the last thing he'd ever have wanted.

I agree with everything you've written in your posts, Mikaela.  It's appalling that Terry Gilliam said those things in public.

Back in the last century, when I was a lass, I used to love watching Monty Python.  I felt warmly toward Michael Palin, and John Cleese, and Eric Idle, and Graham Chapman, they gave off good vibes to me, but Terry Gilliam always creeped me out, and I avoided skits and episodes with him in them.

Heath admired him mightily though.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1042 on: July 22, 2009, 04:17:38 pm »
Well, we knew it would happen--Heath getting lumped in with other celebrities who died of drug overdoses.  Here's the latest:

http://specials.msn.com/A-List/Celeb-prescription-drug-deaths.aspx?cp-searchtext=Celebrity%20prescription%20drug%20deaths

:(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1043 on: July 22, 2009, 05:47:47 pm »
Well, we knew it would happen--Heath getting lumped in with other celebrities who died of drug overdoses.  Here's the latest:

http://specials.msn.com/A-List/Celeb-prescription-drug-deaths.aspx?cp-searchtext=Celebrity%20prescription%20drug%20deaths

Yeah, we knew it would happen.  :-\
*sigh*

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1044 on: August 04, 2009, 04:23:17 pm »
Modest Mouse's "King Rat" directed by Heath.

http://www.wearethemasses.com/videos/modest-mouse-king-rat

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1045 on: August 05, 2009, 10:03:30 am »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Coay6kEqE80&eurl=[/youtube]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/04/watch-heath-ledgers-green_n_251353.html

Heath Ledger's Green Video
For Modest Mouse

The much-awaited Modest Mouse video for "King Rat" directed by Heath Ledger has been released today. And the video is an incredible look at what would happen if whales hunted humans.

All the proceeds from the iTunes downloads in the first month of release will go to the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, which works towards protecting and conserving marine life.  http://www.seashepherd.org/

Directed by Ledger, with Daniel Auber and Norris Houk in charge of the animation, the video is a "visual plea against the legal commercial whale hunts taking place off the coast of Australia," according to the press release.

Unfortunately, Ledger died before he could ever see the finished product.
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #1046 on: August 05, 2009, 12:33:19 pm »
It's a great video.  Beautiful, creative, disturbing.  It's a very good legacy.  Thank you for posting, MilAn and John.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1047 on: August 05, 2009, 02:32:25 pm »
It's a great video.  Beautiful, creative, disturbing.  It's a very good legacy.  Thank you for posting, MilAn and John.
I will  just echo those sentiments and add my thanks.

Offline BayCityJohn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • BBM Foundation
« Reply #1048 on: August 28, 2009, 05:14:13 pm »
Quote from: Miaisland

This photograph is part of a current exhibition in Vienna

Kunsthalle Wien
Museumsplatz 1
+43-1-52189-33
Wien
hall 2
The Portrait.
Photography as a Stage
From Robert Mapplethorpe
to Nan Goldin
July 3-October 18, 2009

http://arttattler.com/austriavienna.html

http://www.kunsthallewien.at/cgi-bin/event/event.pl?id=3218;lang=de;page=2

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1049 on: August 28, 2009, 09:17:56 pm »
This photograph is part of a current exhibition in Vienna

What a stunning picture!  Thanks so much for posting it BCJohn.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...