Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142243 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #400 on: February 03, 2008, 12:35:44 am »
UGH.   Was listening to one those evening entertainment shows tonight.   They are already dragging Heath thru the mud.    Michelle now separated to protect the baby from Heaths daily drug habit and nightly partying.   

Was this by any chance, E!News Weekend that you saw?  They ran a story this weekend with just this very content.  Awful.  And, it did sound like they were reporting on reporting on recycled-rumor on reporting.  It's like they were trying to make a story based on no new actual news to report on this subject.  I guess, this is a really good example of Phillip's comments about the "black hole" period in a drawn-out entertainment story during a phase when there's no new real info.

>:( >:( >:(

The way this story is being treated now, really makes me worry for the day when the toxicology report finally comes in... or they start reporting on the funeral or something. 

All of this is really making me realize (more so than ever) how horrible celebrity reporting can be.
 :-\

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #401 on: February 03, 2008, 12:49:33 am »
All of this is really making me realize (more so than ever) how horrible celebrity reporting can be.

For me, it's really been an eye-opener about how horrible being a celebrity can be. Geez, at one point I even felt sorry for Jack Nicholson!  8)

mvansand76

« Reply #402 on: February 03, 2008, 05:48:18 am »
I hope it makes people realise that if the media lies to us in the cases of celebrities, then it's not so difficult to believe that they lie to us on all fronts. ALL of them.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #403 on: February 03, 2008, 05:57:26 am »
With all due respect for Katherine  :-*, I've always found that if the papers ever write an article or even a feature about something I myself have in-depth knowledge of, there are invariably errors, omissions and over-simplifications that lead to the total story presenting its subject matter more or less incorrectly, sometimes even glaringly so.  I suppose it's the name of the deadline and punchline game.

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #404 on: February 03, 2008, 06:15:04 am »
UGH.   Was listening to one those evening entertainment shows tonight.   They are already dragging Heath thru the mud.    Michelle now separated to protect the baby from Heaths daily drug habit and nightly partying.   

Disgusting.  If that were the case, then there is no way Michelle would allow Heath to go out on his own with Matilda.  I wish they would just leave him alone. 

Offline opinionista

« Reply #405 on: February 03, 2008, 07:27:23 am »
Friends Mourn Heath Ledger in Second L.A. Service
By Alexis Chiu

Friends and celebrity colleagues – including Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, Sienna Miller, Ellen DeGeneres and director Todd Haynes – gathered on the Sony lot in Los Angeles to remember Heath Ledger on Saturday, PEOPLE has confirmed.

The gathering included industry luminaries and those connected to CAA (the agency that represented Ledger), including Cruise and Holmes, who costarred with Michelle Williams on Dawson's Creek. It comes a week after relatives and close friends – including ex-girlfriend Naomi Watts – paid tribute to the 28-year-old actor at a smaller service at an L.A. cemetery.

Saturday's service began around noon on the lot, which is closed to the public. Attendees included Miller, Ledger's Casanova costar, and Shannyn Sossamon, who starred with Ledger in A Knight's Tale. Speakers included Haynes, who directed him in last year's Bob Dylan film I'm Not There.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20175796,00.html

When I first read this news I wondered what was Tom Cruise doing there, but then I remembered (the article also says it) that Katie Holmes and Michelle Williams worked together at Dawson's Creek. I can't  believe I forgot about it.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #406 on: February 03, 2008, 07:35:00 am »

Disgusting.  If that were the case, then there is no way Michelle would allow Heath to go out on his own with Matilda.  I wish they would just leave him alone. 

Yes me too Sandy. Bloody paparazi are like vultures. No wonder Heath hated them. Bastards. >:( >:( >:(

Offline opinionista

« Reply #407 on: February 03, 2008, 07:45:38 am »

I wish they would just leave him alone. 

Me too, but unfortunately that's not going to happen anytime soon. At least not until the autopsy results are out.  :-\

I suggest not visiting those media websites. The more hits they get on the stories about Heath, the more they think people are interested in reading anything about him. Also try not to tune in their TV program either. Not sure if it will work but it worth giving it a shot.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #408 on: February 03, 2008, 03:12:37 pm »
With all due respect for Katherine  :-*, I've always found that if the papers ever write an article or even a feature about something I myself have in-depth knowledge of, there are invariably errors, omissions and over-simplifications that lead to the total story presenting its subject matter more or less incorrectly, sometimes even glaringly so.  I suppose it's the name of the deadline and punchline game.

After working in the public sector for 20 years, I've had the exact same experience!

Pete
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #409 on: February 03, 2008, 03:43:03 pm »
a news site in Australia reports on the latest: Heath's family will be holding a private funeral, and Jake is 'expected to attend.'

http://hawkesbury.yourguide.com.au/news/breaking/general/ledgers-family-to-hold-private-funeral/1174890.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”