Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142217 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #470 on: February 05, 2008, 10:18:58 pm »
You know, reading all the threads and talking to others makes me realize what incredibly diverse feelings and beliefs we have about death.

I mean, some believe one's soul moves on to an afterlife; some believe dying means an absolute end to existence.

I don't know.  I don't mean any disrespect to anybody's beliefs, because anyone's guess is as good as mine.  But personally, the thought wouldn't occur to me that Heath is still conscious in his body, thinking "Crikey, this is a lonely flight without me rellies . . . "

I can't speak for Kerry, but I think he meant the idea of Heath's body traveling alone is more about our feelings than Heath's.  It's just terribly sad to think of his mortal remains going all that way without someone who loved him watching over him.  Yes, his soul has gone on.  But we loved his body, too, and while it's still there to protect and love, we want to be there for him.  :(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 05, 2008, 10:46:47 pm »
I can't speak for Kerry, but I think he meant the idea of Heath's body traveling alone is more about our feelings than Heath's.  It's just terribly sad to think of his mortal remains going all that way without someone who loved him watching over him.  Yes, his soul has gone on.  But we loved his body, too, and while it's still there to protect and love, we want to be there for him.  :(

Thank you for your lovely words, Meryl. You have gently and kindly succeeded in explaining exactly what I meant by my earlier, emotional "blurt."
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Ain't never enough time... never enough."
« Reply #472 on: February 05, 2008, 11:07:50 pm »
Thank you for your lovely words, Meryl. You have gently and kindly succeeded in explaining exactly what I meant by my earlier, emotional "blurt."

It's sort of like burying someone you love, and thinking "he/she is so cold and alone down there..." You know your loved one is not truly in that coffin. But you still connect your loved one to the body in that coffin, and you want to lay down on the grave to keep them warm and safe. You feel like you're watching over them.

It's a complex and confusing feeling. I think of Heath as being up there in heaven. But I also think of him as being in that coffin.  :-\

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #473 on: February 05, 2008, 11:40:35 pm »
Those are indeed lovely and sweet thoughts, Meryl and Verona.   :-\

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Ain't never enough time... never enough."
« Reply #474 on: February 05, 2008, 11:52:47 pm »
I posted this in another thread, but I saw him referred to as "the deceased Hollywood actor Heath Ledger" today, and my heart sank like a stone. Just seeing that word--the word that broke Ennis' heart--applied to Heath... I thought I might pass out from the pain.

If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it.  :'(

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #475 on: February 06, 2008, 12:07:27 am »
I posted this in another thread, but I saw him referred to as "the deceased Hollywood actor Heath Ledger" today, and my heart sank like a stone. Just seeing that word--the word that broke Ennis' heart--applied to Heath... I thought I might pass out from the pain.

If you can't fix it, you gotta stand it.  :'(

Awww... Verona, I completely understand.  It's like all the references to the "family plot" lately.  :'(

Really hard to take.

I'll add, last night when I was cruising around imdb pages (which I haven't done for a long time)... I clicked on Heath's main stats/bio page and, boy, was it hard to take to see the date January 22, 2008 listed there in the "deceased" area of the info sheet.
 :'(

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #476 on: February 06, 2008, 04:13:24 am »

I've had this feeling since I saw the coffin leave the New York funeral directors place. All those camera's, no family in sight (of course the cameras made that impossible, I know that). It was though to watch those pictures.

And your post reminded me of Mouk's post about the live flowers that were 'folding' over the tulips she had laid in the snow on Camp Site nr. 2. The live flowers covering and protecting the tulips.

:(
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

mvansand76

« Reply #477 on: February 06, 2008, 05:25:19 am »
Guess today is the day of the tox reports, huh?

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #478 on: February 06, 2008, 05:56:15 am »

I know it is Mel. I,m dreading it. I mean we all want to know and of course Heaths family must be desperate for answers as to why they lost their seemingly perfectly healthy young son, in the prime of his life. I,m just dreading it.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #479 on: February 06, 2008, 06:09:54 am »

I just don't get used to those words applied to Heath.
Yes, seems it will be today.
 :'( :'( :'(