Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142302 times)

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #520 on: February 08, 2008, 04:48:58 pm »
Oh I so much would like to put a link here from Rolling Stone, some guy Travis....it is a beatiful tribut to Heath Ledger on a video.....someone who can....? I found it on IMDb, Heath board, called watch this......

Can someone help me??

I just read it, here  is the link to the article:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/18355273/heath_ledger_1979_8211_2008

He arrived onscreen looking windy and fresh, as if he'd just blown in from someplace else. His face just missed being pretty; there was the tiny, precise mouth, but also the mulish neck and shoulders and then the rich tobacco roll of the voice. He became a locus of passionate admiration, the senior you hoped to be as a freshman.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 05:01:37 pm by louise van hine »
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #521 on: February 08, 2008, 04:59:26 pm »
Oh I so much would like to put a link here from Rolling Stone, some guy Travis....it is a beatiful tribut to Heath Ledger on a video.....someone who can....? I found it on IMDb, Heath board, called watch this......

Can someone help me??

If it's a youtube video, you can embed it here by clicking the small youtube logo above the smileys. Or type (without the spaces):

[youtube=425,350 ]insert url of the video here[/youtube ]

If it's not on youtube, you can post a link by clicking the little globe icon above the smileys or by typing (again without spaces):

[url ]insert url of the page you want to link here[/url ]

Hope that helps. If not, don't be shy to ask again.  :)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #522 on: February 08, 2008, 05:12:50 pm »
Here is an anecdote I had not read before from an interesting article from Heath's last press interview in New York with the other actors and director of "I'm Not There", Todd Haynes.

http://www.newsok.com/article/3201996/?pg=1

Toward the end of the news conference, one journalist asked the assembled actors if there were other musicians they would like to play one day after taking on Dylan. Bruce Greenwood said he would play any blues singer, while 14-year-old Marcus Carl Franklin expressed an interest in Jimi Hendrix.

Ledger left everyone that day with a big, warm laugh. One worth remembering.

"Tina Turner,” he said while grabbing director Haynes' arm. "But not unless this one was making it.”

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #523 on: February 08, 2008, 05:15:32 pm »
Sorry but I'm to dumb.....the video has a url that is sooooo long......when the hubby gets home....he is better on thiese things....

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #524 on: February 08, 2008, 05:27:25 pm »
Berit, I'm PMing you.
And no, you're not dumb. When I was new I had to ask, too.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #525 on: February 08, 2008, 06:08:24 pm »
Family and Friends gather for impending funeral, with some photos of Heath's dad and family:

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/celebrities/hollywood/heath-ledgers-family-gathers-for-funeral-203231/
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #526 on: February 08, 2008, 06:21:00 pm »
I just discovered that BBM was shown in Boston Monday at the Cooledge Theater, where some of us got together to see it in the screening room last year.

http://www.boston.com/ae/movies/blog/2008/02/still_wish_we_c.html

----------------

Still wish we could quit you
Email|Link Posted by Wesley Morris February 4, 2008 08:30 AM

Because it just needs to happen, the Coolidge is showing "Brokeback Mountain" tonight at 7pm. The layers of tragedy will, over time, accumulate around this imperfect movie and its great, deep performance -- and its greatish, deepish ones, too -- until everything about them assumes the impression of wisdom. We'll search this movie and Ennis Del Mar the way we might someone else's soul. We leave a little more devastated, a little more lost than we did the first time. You'll watch Heath Ledger and think the ache in his heart and in his bones seems realer, more contagious. Bad news has a way of doing that to an already iconic piece of acting. Have you seen "Rebel Without a Cause" lately? Of course, the Coolidge could just as easily have shown "Casanova" to remind us that the world has lost this happy, horny dude, too.
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #527 on: February 08, 2008, 06:47:44 pm »
I just got an e-mail from my sister-in-law’s cousin, Paul Lieberman, who is the LA Times entertainment reporter in NYC, in response to my e-mail to him about the article he wrote yesterday about Heath.

He mentioned that he wrote a piece for the LA Times last fall on Ang Lee and told me that during their interview, he mentioned to Ang what his film had meant to groups like our message board!    :)  :)  (I had told Paul about my involvement with Bettermost and about the other forums when we had lunch in NYC last spring.)  That article is mostly about "Lust, Caution," but also talks about BBM several times.

http://theenvelope.latimes.com/awards/env-anglee-lust-23sep23,0,1784382.story

On the negative side, Paul said in his e-mail that he’s gotten a couple of “shockingly homophobic” e-mails in response to his LA Times article

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-ledger7feb07,1,3885175.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

about Heath yesterday, that he referred to as “fury directed at someone merely for playing a part.”   >:(
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #529 on: February 08, 2008, 06:55:33 pm »
And it worked....you are quite something Chrissie.... :-*