Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142290 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #620 on: February 11, 2008, 08:03:24 am »
We came home late last night, after spending the weekend away with a group of friends. I left on friday knowing that Heath's funeral would take place in Perth during the weekend, but that's about all I knew.

And even though it was late and I was tired and ready for bed, I logged on anyway. And found out what a farewell Heath has been given by his family and friends. To see those pictures of the dive in the ocean was like a 'balm on my soul'.

The thing is, we were at the seaside, the weather was beautiful, the kids took off their shoes, rolled up their trousers and got their feet wet. We were all having fun, enjoying each other's company. And late in the afternoon we watched the sun go down and the sky turned a warm glowing orange. It's one of those moments you treasure.

And having seen how Heath's family and friend remembered him, I understand why I was thinking of him so much. It's as if the seaside, in company of friends was the right place to be on saturday.

Thanks for posting all the links and pictures. I've seen a lot of those here that made me sad during the last couple of weeks, these latest ones made me grateful and comforted. 
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #621 on: February 11, 2008, 08:35:15 am »
Thanks for posting all the links and pictures. I've seen a lot of those here that made me sad during the last couple of weeks, these latest ones made me grateful and comforted. 

My feelings exactly, Fabienne.  Thanks, everyone.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #622 on: February 11, 2008, 09:02:39 am »
From the Daily Telegraph, Australia

Michelle Williams, Matilda start life without Heath Ledger

By staff writers February 11, 2008 07:00am

CRADLED protectively on her mother's hip, little Matilda Ledger yesterday left Australia the same way she arrived: mercifully oblivious to the tragedy surrounding her family.

Just hours after Heath Ledger was cremated in Perth, the two-year-old returned to the United States with her mother, Ledger's devastated former fiancee, Michelle Williams.

After four funeral services in two continents, they are now en route to their new life without Heath.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,23192372-5015788,00.html?from=mostpop

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #623 on: February 11, 2008, 09:49:48 am »
Thank you Leslie for those articles! They are so beautiful, yet so sad! Reading them I got goose bumps..

Others have said it, but the idea of cremation is quite distressing. Although I'm all for cremation (I would want to give my body to science and have the rest cremated) and I am assuming that this is what Heath wanted, still, just the idea is very very sad.. of Heath not being the strapping lad he was.. ah.. no details..   :'(

The most upsetting about it all right now, I find, is Matilda. .. She will never really know him and although I'm sure everyone who knew and loved him, will only say the kindest things about him, it will be hard for her to accept it. I'm wondering if she misses having her daddy around..

More upsetting even, now that they have ruled out suicide (they have, right?) and drug overdose, is that Heath had no intention to die..., leave his daughter without a dad. I know it makes no sense, but horrible is, that he doesn't even know it happened.. Very upsetting also, that he might have been saved.. I read an article that mentioned that his housekeeper found him asleep and breathing the first time she checked on him.. Is that true?.. Ah.. I don't want a reply, really..  :-X

Fabienne, you were at the right place to be!!

j.U.d.E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #624 on: February 11, 2008, 09:59:22 am »
They are beautiful articles Jude your right. What a lovely and very fitting send off for Heath. I think he,d have liked that. I know what you mean about him being cremated. It,s just too awful to think about really, but like you, I,m assuming that,s obviously what he wanted.
And yes poor little Matilda. The only way she will "see" her father now is watch him in movies. She,ll have to be told about him because she won,t remember him, she,s too young.
No Heath certainly had no intention to die. I think the final conclusion was that it was an accumilation of all the prescribed medication he was taking that killed him. So presumably he just fell asleep and didn,t wake up again. :'(
He would never have intentionally left Matilda, he was devoted to that child. You only have to look at pictures of him with her on his shoulders, wearing those funky glasses to see that.
 What a waste of a life. He should have had another 40/50 years yet. He should have seen Matilda grow up. He had so much more to do with his life and now he,ll never do any of it. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
And your right again, none of this makes any sense atall.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #625 on: February 11, 2008, 10:12:45 am »
The most upsetting about it all right now, I find, is Matilda. .. She will never really know him and although I'm sure everyone who knew and loved him, will only say the kindest things about him, it will be hard for her to accept it. I'm wondering if she misses having her daddy around..

j.U.d.E.

Yes, she does. Very consciously at first, but memory will fade for her. When older, she won't remember him, she's too young. But for now, yes of course she misses him and does recognize the difference consciously.

A relative of a friend of mine died shortly before Christmas (I didn't know the man myself). His granddaughter has also turned two shortly before and she still continues to look for him in his sleeping room and asks where he is.

With two, they're too young to understand but old enough to miss someone deeply.
 :'( Poor Matilda.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #626 on: February 11, 2008, 12:14:02 pm »
And somehow you just know that Matilda's eventual "I want my daddy" will break Michelle's heart all over again.

:(

mvansand76

« Reply #627 on: February 11, 2008, 12:21:35 pm »

Just like us, she will get to know him through his movies. And to add to that, she has her mother and Heath's family and friends keeping his memory alive for her.  :'(

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #628 on: February 11, 2008, 08:24:52 pm »
And somehow you just know that Matilda's eventual "I want my daddy" will break Michelle's heart all over again.

:(

And she'll be able to put in a movie and point and say 'There he is..."  :'(

I just saw "Casanova" for the first time and the ending scene,

SPOILERS!!!!                  SPOILERS!!!                    SPOILERS!!!

showing the itinerant acting group with Heath's character laughing and rehearsing an an open air stage really warmed my heart.  I'd like to think of him there in his afterlife - if he even believed in one - doing what he loved best.

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #629 on: February 11, 2008, 11:23:50 pm »
[quote author=Snavel del Snork Snater Snuit

Just like us, she will get to know him through his movies. And to add to that, she has her mother and Heath's family and friends keeping his memory alive for her.  :'(

[So sad] :'( :'( :'(

{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.