Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142289 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #960 on: January 09, 2009, 07:49:48 am »
TDK won 5 People's Choice Awards.

Video: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7817279.stm

Thanks MiLan for posting. Here's the youtbube of the TDK tribute at the People's Choice Awards:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUwsQa4KgNM[/youtube]

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #961 on: January 09, 2009, 02:24:41 pm »
and here's a clip from The Critics Choice Awards
I really liked the those big pics of him, but it was hard to watch. I keep imagining him standing there with the rest of the crew with an embarrassed smile on his face.
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=sv&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=sv&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #962 on: January 09, 2009, 03:17:36 pm »
I really liked the those big pics of him, but it was hard to watch. I keep imagining him standing there with the rest of the crew with an embarrassed smile on his face.

Yes.
So hard to believe.
How much happier was the awards season 2006, Oscar snub or no. Who'd care about prizes, if only the man were still here.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #963 on: January 09, 2009, 06:32:29 pm »

:'(                                                    :'(

Beautiful mind

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #964 on: January 09, 2009, 10:16:53 pm »

I agree.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #965 on: January 10, 2009, 08:16:25 pm »
OMG.......I had not seen any clips of the recent awards, and I just watchd that one of the Critics Choice..

OMG.....what a reception the announcement, of Heath winning, got from the audience, OMG.....made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Oh dear......Heath would be a little embarrassed by all the attention and focus on him, and humbled by such a rousing reception, but Im sure he would be proud of himself, as we all are.

There will be more of this during the awards that are yet to come.....How dignifed the acceptance speech was, just another reflection on the effect he had on those who worked with him.

What more can I say.......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 10, 2009, 11:02:07 pm »
From the Jan 11 edition of Sydney's Sunday Telegraph newspaper:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24896772-5001021,00.html

Gemma Ward Gains Weight
Since Heath Ledger Death

By Brenden Hills

January 11, 2009 12:00am

GEMMA Ward, the strikingly thin model who once captivated the international fashion scene, has piled on weight as she continues to struggle with the loss of friend Heath Ledger.

Ward, seen last week on a Byron Bay beach, is due back on the runway in February and is believed to be madly exercising.

The Sunday Telegraph understands her weight gains have been exacerbated by the shocking death of the actor, rumoured to have been her lover, a year ago.

"I was really surprised when I saw her, considering what she used to look like - I had to do a double-take after I saw how much weight she had put on,'' one onlooker told The Sunday Telegraph.

After Ledger's death, Ward announced that she planned to take a year off to go trekking in Nepal and spend time with friends and family.

"She knows she did let herself go during the year, but she had fun doing it, just being herself and doing whatever she wanted,'' one friend, who did not want to be named, said.

Ward's older sister, Sophie, also gave up modelling after Ledger died.

"I can't speak for Gemma, but I did stop (modelling) when Heath died because death really makes you re-evaluate what's important in your life,'' she said when contacted by The Sunday Telegraph.

In 2007, Ward earned $3 million from her doll-face looks and was ranked by Forbes magazine as the 11th most highly paid model in the world.

Ward, who divides her time between Australia, Los Angeles and New York, has spent the past few weeks renting a beachside mansion at Suffolk Park with fellow West Australian model Nicole Trunfio.

Although Trunfio has been spotted partying with Cheyenne Tozzi, Jason Dundas and Sneaky Sound System's Daimon Downey, Ward has kept a low profile, staying indoors and swimming at a private beach in front of her rented house.

Ward, 21, was photographed at Tallow Beach on Friday morning, looking very different to the "alien chic'' supermodel that secured 24 Vogue covers in Australia, the US, Britain, China and India.

Braving a wind storm, she emerged from the water in a conservative black one-piece.

Onlookers said Ward was barely recognisable as the supermodel who, at the age of 16, became the youngest female to grace the cover of US Vogue.

Ward has been exercising daily with the help of a personal trainer, but the pair have remained indoors.

A fashion insider explained that Ward would have to keep a low profile if she wanted to protect her future earnings.

"Every kilo a model puts on costs them thousands in potential advertising dollars,'' the insider said.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #967 on: January 11, 2009, 08:30:52 am »
From the Jan 11 edition of Sydney's Sunday Telegraph newspaper:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24896772-5001021,00.html

Gemma Ward Gains Weight
Since Heath Ledger Death

By Brenden Hills

January 11, 2009 12:00am

GEMMA Ward, the strikingly thin model who once captivated the international fashion scene, has piled on weight as she continues to struggle with the loss of friend Heath Ledger.

Ward, seen last week on a Byron Bay beach, is due back on the runway in February and is believed to be madly exercising.

The Sunday Telegraph understands her weight gains have been exacerbated by the shocking death of the actor, rumoured to have been her lover, a year ago.

"I was really surprised when I saw her, considering what she used to look like - I had to do a double-take after I saw how much weight she had put on,'' one onlooker told The Sunday Telegraph.

After Ledger's death, Ward announced that she planned to take a year off to go trekking in Nepal and spend time with friends and family.

"She knows she did let herself go during the year, but she had fun doing it, just being herself and doing whatever she wanted,'' one friend, who did not want to be named, said.

Ward's older sister, Sophie, also gave up modelling after Ledger died.

"I can't speak for Gemma, but I did stop (modelling) when Heath died because death really makes you re-evaluate what's important in your life,'' she said when contacted by The Sunday Telegraph.

In 2007, Ward earned $3 million from her doll-face looks and was ranked by Forbes magazine as the 11th most highly paid model in the world.

Ward, who divides her time between Australia, Los Angeles and New York, has spent the past few weeks renting a beachside mansion at Suffolk Park with fellow West Australian model Nicole Trunfio.

Although Trunfio has been spotted partying with Cheyenne Tozzi, Jason Dundas and Sneaky Sound System's Daimon Downey, Ward has kept a low profile, staying indoors and swimming at a private beach in front of her rented house.

Ward, 21, was photographed at Tallow Beach on Friday morning, looking very different to the "alien chic'' supermodel that secured 24 Vogue covers in Australia, the US, Britain, China and India.

Braving a wind storm, she emerged from the water in a conservative black one-piece.

Onlookers said Ward was barely recognisable as the supermodel who, at the age of 16, became the youngest female to grace the cover of US Vogue.

Ward has been exercising daily with the help of a personal trainer, but the pair have remained indoors.

A fashion insider explained that Ward would have to keep a low profile if she wanted to protect her future earnings.

"Every kilo a model puts on costs them thousands in potential advertising dollars,'' the insider said.

she looks healthy, so good for her.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #968 on: January 11, 2009, 10:07:22 am »
here you go

it says is been removed by user.  >:(

Oh and regarding Gemma ward, its not the most flatering photo I bet she aint put as much weight on as it looks, bu yeah she ooks healthy no fat
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #969 on: January 11, 2009, 10:25:55 am »

Can not add to that.