Author Topic: What will you remember most about Heath?  (Read 5732 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
What will you remember most about Heath?
« on: January 23, 2008, 05:37:15 pm »
I picked his willingness to take chances. Brokeback Mountain is a perfect example. And they say he really struggled while playing the Joker in the new Batman movie. He wasn't afraid to take on a challenging role.

And....

I think I will always see Heath in his daughter as she grows up. His relationship with her was beautiful.

His beautiful eyes and cute smile will also be very special memories for me. And of course his brilliant acting talent.  :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

moremojo

Re: What will you remember most about Heath?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 05:47:02 pm »
I think I will remember his remarkable talent for acting the most. His Ennis Del Mar is one of the greatest performances in cinema history, and almost singlehandedly had the power to change countless lives the world over.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 06:23:46 pm »
I voted for "other" - his voice.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 06:33:36 pm »

David, you sure you don't want to make it possible to select more than one option from that list?  :)

I voted for "other" - his voice.

I was having a chat with a friend/co-worker a few hours ago..Our conversation drifted to Heath. 
It was such a wonderful release to be able to talk about it with someone at work (seeing as I am stuck here more or less against my will at the moment)..
She said how gifted she thought he was and how she especially loved his voice.

So, I am adding this "other" for her sake.

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 07:38:20 pm »
I think I will remember his remarkable talent for acting the most. His Ennis Del Mar is one of the greatest performances in cinema history, and almost singlehandedly had the power to change countless lives the world over.

I agree. I also voted his acting for the same reasons.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 08:35:10 pm »
David, you sure you don't want to make it possible to select more than one option from that list?  :)

I was having a chat with a friend/co-worker a few hours ago..Our conversation drifted to Heath. 
It was such a wonderful release to be able to talk about it with someone at work (seeing as I am stuck here more or less against my will at the moment)..
She said how gifted she thought he was and how she especially loved his voice.

So, I am adding this "other" for her sake.

I had a comforting talk with several co-workers too. They were very sad and they were sympathetic too. I was almost afraid to bring it up -- I knew it would upset me horribly if someone said something insensitive. You never know in a group. But no one did. Everyone said positive things about him, and I was so grateful. I could tell they were genuinely sad about it.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 09:20:05 pm »
I had a comforting talk with several co-workers too. They were very sad and they were sympathetic too. I was almost afraid to bring it up -- I knew it would upset me horribly if someone said something insensitive. You never know in a group. But no one did. Everyone said positive things about him, and I was so grateful. I could tell they were genuinely sad about it.

Glad to hear you received reassurance from your co-workers Shasta.

What I will miss most about Heath is definitely the character of Ennis, though I know Heath was not Ennis and vice versa. As many have alluded, it just feels like Ennis died along with Heath. In a way this doesn't seem to make any sense since the character of Ennis has not been reprised in over two years since BBM. I guess there was just this hope that Ennis lives on.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline hermitdave

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • changed forever by brokeback...
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 10:13:14 pm »
I chose his open mind. For me that covers many things.
If his mind was not open he could never have considered playing Ennis.
If his mind was not open he could not have so completely become Ennis.
I thought about choosing his eyes.
I  thought of the last scene with Alma Jr. , when he asks her "he loves you" ? , and then looks out the windows with that haunted look in his eyes. I thought of his tear filled eyes in the final moments of the film.
His open mind allowed him to accept that role when so many advised against it.
His open mind allowed him to gracefully face the negative comments and questions that came his way as a result of BBM.
I don't know if I'm making any sense at all. I'm just writing down what comes to mind.
I was profoundly changed by BBM. I strongly identify with the character of Ennis.
As much as I identify with Ennis, I aspire to be as "open" as Heath.
"Whenever Im alone with you, you make me feel like I am whole again. Whenever Im alone with you, you make me feel like I am young again." - The Cure

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 07:17:03 am »

In the absence of an "All of the above" option, I ticked "Other," which, for me = "All of the above."

There are a couple of other things I loved about Heath:

* He was a proud Australian - and that makes me proud, as a fellow-Australian.

* I loved his deep, sexy, Aussie-accented voice. Made me melt every time I heard it.

* I loved his cute little ginger freckles.

* I fell in love with his Ennis and will never cease loving Ennis, thanks to Heath.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 12:30:43 am »
definitely the voice.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 05:51:02 am »
His beautiful brown eyes.
His smile, that lights up his whole face.
His lovely sexy voice.
His talent.
His compassion.
His love and devotion to his daughter.
And just him for being Heath.