Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 188828 times)

Offline Peachy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia
« Reply #300 on: January 30, 2008, 08:04:24 pm »
The latest news here is that the funeral will be next week.  Bowra and O'Dea are still touted as the directors who will handle it.  So there's still hope we can send flowers. :)

Magazines here are covered with Heath's face.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #301 on: January 30, 2008, 08:16:54 pm »
Why do you all think that Ashley (sp?) and Olivia aren't being mentioned as family, only Kate?  Whose children are they?  I mean which parent do they share with Heath?

I believe they are his step-sisters on his mother's side. One of the quotes over of the "words of Heath" thread (by ToOP Bruce) mentioned growing up with all women and learning patience. It makes me think that after his parents got divorced, his primarily custodial parent was with his mother (not uncommon) with his sister and eventually, his step-sisters.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #302 on: January 30, 2008, 09:48:52 pm »

Update:  33 PayPal donations totaling $1,153.21.  Six coming via the mail.

To would-be contributors:  Go here for instructions on how to donate.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #303 on: January 30, 2008, 11:04:07 pm »
The notice really came out lovely. And it's nice to see it in the context of the paper.

It's just too sad that it ever had to be done.  :'(

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #304 on: January 31, 2008, 12:22:39 am »
Why do you all think that Ashley (sp?) and Olivia aren't being mentioned as family, only Kate?  Whose children are they?  I mean which parent do they share with Heath?

I believe they are his step-sisters on his mother's side. One of the quotes over of the "words of Heath" thread (by ToOP Bruce) mentioned growing up with all women and learning patience. It makes me think that after his parents got divorced, his primarily custodial parent was with his mother (not uncommon) with his sister and eventually, his step-sisters.

It seems there's one step-sister on his mother's side and one step-sister on his father's side.

Heath's parents divorced when he was around ten years old and subsequently married other people.  Ashley Bell (born in 1989) is the daughter of Heath's mother (Sally) and her new husband (Roger Bell).  Olivia Ledger (born in 1997) is the daughter of Heath's father (Kim) and his new wife (Emma Brown). 

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #305 on: January 31, 2008, 12:37:29 am »
I agree with running the notice a second time, trying to send flowers if it is possible, and donating the rest to a charity Heath supported or that his family recommends.

Thanks again Peachy, Meryl & Mouk . . . and everyone who has contributed!

It is such a wonderful and touching tribute and I’m sure Heath’s family and friends will agree.

Pete

Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #306 on: January 31, 2008, 12:52:08 am »
It seems there's one step-sister on his mother's side and one step-sister on his father's side.

Heath's parents divorced when he was around ten years old and subsequently married other people.  Ashley Bell (born in 1989) is the daughter of Heath's mother (Sally) and her new husband (Roger Bell).  Olivia Ledger (born in 1997) is the daughter of Heath's father (Kim) and his new wife (Emma Brown). 

Thanks so much, Fran, for that.

Well, hunh.  If Heath thought of them as his sisters, seems highly disrespectful that others aren't including them with the named family members.

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #307 on: January 31, 2008, 04:58:27 am »
Bowra and O'Dea are still touted as the directors who will handle it.  So there's still hope we can send flowers. :)

I think that whilst we won't know which funeral home is dealing with the arrangements, Bowra and O'Dea will (even if it is not them).  We could send flowers there and simply ask Interflora to add on a note saying that they have to be passed onto the family.  That way, we still won't know where the ceremony will be held but the flowers would find their way into the correct hands.

Just a thought.     

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #308 on: January 31, 2008, 09:25:44 am »

Thanks for straightening me out, Fran!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #309 on: January 31, 2008, 06:11:35 pm »
I love this notice, you have no idea how much! And I can't believe the cost - by all means post it again, we'll still have money for flowers and a charitable donation.

On that....

About charities: I believe someone mentioned that there was some web site that described charitable interests of various celebrities? I think that it said that Heath's involved children and AIDS.

So here's an idea. Are there any charitable organizations that support opportunities for Australian kids to get involved with acting/theater? Not acting school - I mean, Heath didn't go to acting school - but groups that support theater programs in schools, or summer programs, or anything that lets kids experiment with acting?

yep that was me - http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16644.msg324169.html#msg324169 - the site where I got the info from was http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/149-heath-ledger

That looks just so beautiful in the full context of the page.  It really was an excellent image selection now that I see it there.  It also makes such a difference in our ad standing out to have an image at all in the midst of all the different text ads.  Looks gorgeous Brokies.
:)

I agree - and so touching - all the other notices for Heath.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/