Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 186855 times)

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia
« Reply #380 on: February 06, 2008, 08:59:28 pm »
Funeral of the Late Heath Ledger

Oh God. :'(

I know they're just words and I'm being a big stupid baby. But these words are just wrong on so many levels.

I know - that really go to me, too!    :'( :'(
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #381 on: February 06, 2008, 09:09:03 pm »
Peachy, I say go ahead on your end and have it delivered.  Use your judgment about a nice arrangement, not too extravagant, but tastefull.  The card could read "With heartfelt condolences from the men and women of BetterMost.net."  You can include my name and address as a contact in case they want to acknowledge.

This sounds good and appropriate to me.  :) Once more Peachy and Meryl, thank you.  :-*

Could you let us know which arrangement you decide on, Peachy - that would be lovely.

Thank you Kerry for diligently looking into this and for taking time to write such a careful and helpful explanation in your post.

*sigh* This is really happening, isn't it?  :'(

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 06, 2008, 09:49:36 pm »

N.B., When arranging for delivery of your floral tributes, kindly make allowance for Saturday in Australia being Friday in most of the rest of the world.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #383 on: February 06, 2008, 09:49:50 pm »

To everyone -- Peachy, Kerry, Meryl -- and all who helped on this.

It's comforting to have things taken care of the way you all have during this time of complete sadness for anyone who knows Heath Ledger and knows what a great person we are missing in our world now.

Thank you all for taking the reins and getting things done for all of us in honor of Heath. We appreciate ya'll so much.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Ain't never enough time... never enough."
« Reply #384 on: February 06, 2008, 09:53:04 pm »
N.B., When arranging for delivery of your floral tributes, kindly make allowance for Saturday in Australia being Friday in most of the rest of the world.
The funeral is February 9th, right? Perhaps specifying the date is safer.

Offline Peachy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #385 on: February 06, 2008, 10:03:24 pm »
Done.  With message, for the 9th.  I chose the Wreath of Indigenous Flowers, bearing in mind people liked the idea of wildflowers.  Pictured here:

https://www.interflora.com.au/catalogue/navprod.asp?Page=3&CC=AU&OID=9

Not the most extravagant, at $81.55, but I thought it was suitable.  If we need to change the flowers, or the date etc, let me know and I'll contact Interflora ASAP.  Thanks again Kerry for your help on this one.  The florists will surely know the details.  When I next get to Perth, I'd like to visit his gravesite and take a pic, although I expect the media will do that too...

:-*

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #386 on: February 06, 2008, 10:09:35 pm »
That's a beautiful wreath, Peachy. Very nice.  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #387 on: February 06, 2008, 10:12:27 pm »
Peachy, thank you so much!  The wreath is beautiful.  I think I would have made the exact same choice.  8)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 02:44:07 am by Meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #388 on: February 06, 2008, 10:42:43 pm »
Peachy, thank you so much!  The wreath is beautiful.  I think I would have made the exact same choice.  8)

Wonderful job of coordinating all of this Meryl and Peachy!!  What an incredible international effort this has been.  It's all just so touching to see these gestures of condolence come to fruition.  I think it's such a significant and lovely thing to do.  And, it's also just so amazing to see the community pull together and contribute to these plans as well.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 02:45:26 am by Meryl »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline roryennis

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #389 on: February 06, 2008, 11:33:47 pm »
Just read this on the People.com site, the quote is from Heaths dad. Hope this means that they saw our condolence message.

"We treasure our beautiful granddaughter Matilda (to our dear Michelle) as well as an unbelievably wonderful network of close friends, forever, around the world. Families rarely experience the uplifting, warm and massive outpouring of grief and support as have we, from every corner of the planet. This has deeply and profoundly touched our hearts and lives. We are eternally grateful. "

Peachy- The wreath is absolutly beautiful. Thank you for all that you have done.
Jack Twist.
Ennis
Your folks just stopped at Ennis?
Del Mar
Nice to know ya Ennis Del Mar.

And so with that introduction Jack and Ennis are forever bound together like Adam & Eve and Romeo & Juliet.