Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 189545 times)

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Sending group condolences and flowers to Australia
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2008, 09:07:53 am »
Meryl, I also love what you wrote.

I will contribute to whatever is decided about this. I agree that there is no rush, and they may not see it in the paper if the timing is off. Maybe something to his agency that would be forwarded?

I also like the idea of sending something closer to his birthday. It seems a little bit more like a celebration of his life doing it that way, and his birthday will certainly be a sad time for them, as well. It may seem more important to them in April.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2008, 09:10:22 am »
That's beautiful, Meryl.

One thing. Should it not be "The men and women of bettermost.net extend their heartfelt condolences?

Thank you....  :-*

But then it sounds like it is not us. "Our" is first person plural (we send our condolences) vs. third person (they send their condolences). Probably the most correct form would be "We, the men and women of Bettermost..." but then it sounds like we are writing the Declaration of Independence or something. I think it is okay the way it is.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2008, 09:19:21 am »

Here's my suggestion for a notice we could have published in the Perth newspaper.  Please offer other suggestions if you have them.

The men and women of bettermost.net
extend our heartfelt condolences to the family
and friends of Heath Ledger.  We love and
respect Heath and thank him for the spirit
of positive change he has inspired in our lives.
He will always live in our hearts.

If we can include a picture, I like either of these.  Other suggestions?

That is beautiful Meryl. A message of thanks for the life of Heath Ledger is very appropriate.

I prefer the second picture.

I'd love to have a picture of the add when is will be published. Getting a copy of the newspaper itself might be a bit difficult. I think it is great that we are doing this in a local newspaper, not an US one.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2008, 09:33:09 am »
You know the more I think about the more I think it would be nice to do this later..although I'd prefer to do it before april - is there any other relevant date coming up that we could do this on?

(oh and second pic for me too).
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

mvansand76

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2008, 09:43:27 am »
You know the more I think about the more I think it would be nice to do this later..although I'd prefer to do it before april - is there any other relevant date coming up that we could do this on?

(oh and second pic for me too).

I think later too. And I think the second pic too, because it ties in with the fact that we are a Brokeback community.

So, what's the idea now? Do we do anything right now or do we wait?

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2008, 09:55:08 am »
I would choose to put the add around the time of the private funeral in Perth. I would definitely wait untill we know his family is home with him  :'(. Leaving it till later might be kinda 'strange', as if we were afraid it would go unnoticed otherwise. It seems fitting that condolences are sent a the time of the funeral.

Just my thought.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2008, 10:01:07 am »
I would choose to put the add around the time of the private funeral in Perth. I would definitely wait untill we know his family is home with him  :'(. Leaving it till later might be kinda 'strange', as if we were afraid it would go unnoticed otherwise. It seems fitting that condolences are sent a the time of the funeral.

Just my thought.

I agree, Fabienne.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

mvansand76

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2008, 10:29:35 am »

Just my thought.

Maybe both? I don't know, there's something to say for both options.

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2008, 11:00:31 am »
What a wonderful idea, I'll contribut in any way I can. If money is an issue there must be ways to send money to the bettermost.net. I strongly support the idea to give some money to some good cause in memory of Heath and bring some flowers to his family. That is better than an ad in the paper.  Mayby best to his sister since his parents are divorced....

But whatever you decide I'll support. You know best whats most polite to do in your part of the world..... :)

Berit
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2008, 12:20:23 pm »
This is a GREAT idea and I will be happy to contribute as well. Thanks for thinking of this.

Just let me know what I can do.

Jack