Author Topic: Elvis cards...  (Read 5465 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Elvis cards...
« on: January 27, 2008, 06:53:14 pm »
Any Elvis cards?

Know of them?

I would like to learn... maybe you would too??

Hugs!

Offline smellykellyjay

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Elvis cards...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 11:31:52 pm »
Any Elvis cards?

Know of them?

I would like to learn... maybe you would too??

What kind of cards you talkin' 'bout?  Playing?  Tarot?  Greeting?  Trading?  Wouldn't surprise me if there were all kinds of Elvis cards. 

Have you ever been to Graceland?  Last time I went, which was a long time ago, there was a strip mall across the street from the house that was ALL Elvis.  Too many different types of things to mention.  My favorite thing, something I coveted, was a pair of baby blue Elvis slippers with a plastic Elvis head and shiny silver threads weaved in.  I would've bought them in a second if they'd come in my size.  Alas, they didn't. 

I have a set of Elvis thank you cards that say "Thank you very much" on them. 
I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too hard to find, but it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind.  -- America

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 11:47:27 pm »
Well, my Google search revealed that there's an Elvis UNO card game for sale on ebay.

There's also an Elvis Monopoly game out there:

An Elvis Trivia Game will be available in May of 2008 at EntertainmentEarth.com.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 11:59:26 pm »
Thanks smellykellyjay, thanks Fran!!

I did not know about an Elvis monopoly! I wonder who invented that? Many published?

Concerning Elvis cards, I just aquired some 1956 Elvis Prestly Enterprises ones published by Bubbles in USA. Wonder how many exist? And likely never sold at Graceland?

Appreciate your research, answers and questions, plus thoughts from you and from all,

hugs!!

Offline Fran

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 12:06:21 am »
Artiste, are you talking about trading cards like these:

Offline smellykellyjay

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 12:10:55 am »
Damn, he was pretty! 
I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too hard to find, but it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind.  -- America

Offline Fran

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 12:13:10 am »
Artiste, if you are talking about Elvis trading cards or collector's cards, click on the link below:

http://www.peterice.com/TradeCards.htm

Offline smellykellyjay

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 12:19:01 am »
Thanks smellykellyjay, thanks Fran!!

I did not know about an Elvis monopoly! I wonder who invented that? Many published?

You're welcome.  I didn't know about Elvis Uno. 

There are all kids of special versions of classic games out there these days.  In the last year or so, I've been slowly but surely buying all the games I had or wanted as a kid (Rock 'em, Sock 'em Robots, Operation, Scrabble, Twister, Mystery Date, etc.).  I watched the papers for sales and too often found versions of the games on discount, but they were things like Spiderman Rock 'em, Sock 'em Robots, Shrek Operation, Hannah Montana Twister, Dora the Explorer Lite Brite.  None of those interested me because I wanted the old school versions, which I got.  But I've yet to get Monopoly, and the Elvis version kinda appeals to me. 

I reckon the company that owns the games (Hasbro, Milton Bradley, et. al.) work with the Elvis folks (or vice versa) to license these special versions. 

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 12:25:36 pm »
Thanks very much Fran!

What a welcome surprise you give me!!

I have that number 48, yes!!

Would you like to know what is written on the back?

Wonder how much it's worth?

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 12:36:28 pm »
Thanks smellykellyjack!

Your information is valuable too to me!! Your surprises are and always will be welcomed!!

The other cards I have are the numbers 10 America's Singing Idol,29 Facing the Cameras, 43 Down on the Farm, and 43 Recording Session.

Are these all from the  No. 1 and or No. 2 in a 20 series? There were 2 or 20 series? I'm confused. All are 1956.

Yes, he is handsome. Did you know that he is partly or totally First Nation??- I think I have read.

Just got other Elvis items yesterday, as had before; many VHS!!

Awaiting your news and what you collection if you like, if I may help,

hugs!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 10:32:58 am »
Any information as to current price?? For resale value??