Author Topic: Hello from the Bay Area  (Read 6474 times)

Offline mascguyinnorcal

• Don't Say Much
  • "it could be like this. Just like this, always."
Hello from the Bay Area
« on: March 11, 2006, 09:32:08 pm »
Hello, glad to be here. Is there anyone else here from the San Francisco Bay Area? You would think that here in the "Gay Mecca" the terrible lonliness reflected in BBM wouldn't resonate as much -- alas, sometimes I think this area is as bad as rural Wyoming.

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
Re: Hello from the Bay Area
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 12:32:31 am »
HI Bay Area GUY....

I'm most definitely in the bay area...Santa Rosa to be exact.  Where are you?  I'm the little old grandma here in our forum.  It's great to see you here with us.  We're a rather eclectic group...and it's our very safe haven to pause....reflect...and deal with our feelings about Brokeback Mountain.  WELCOME to our safe spot...!!!

HUGSSS....Nancy

We have another Brokeback Broad...in our forum...from Eureka!! 
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline iristarr

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Ain't no reins on this one . . .
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 12:38:57 am »
Hi, Bay Area Guy -- I'm the other Brokeback Grandma here, and I live up in Eureka but Berkeley was my original home and I get down there a few times a year.  I envision a great big gathering of BBM-lovers down there somewhere, sometime in the not too distant future.  Welcome to this site.  Iris/Elaine
Ennis and Jack, the dogs, horses and mules, a thousand ewes and their lambs flowed up the trail like dirty water through the timber and out above the tree line into the great flowering meadows and the endless coursing wind.

Offline Suffused

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Hello from the San Franciso
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 11:18:51 am »
Well

Bay Area

I work on Polk St in San Francisco.  Internet Cafe/Organic Coffee Roaster.  And I love going to the Trinity Alps near Eureka !!  The favorite spot for my husband and I to camp/vacation...

wayne
...he is suffused with a sense of pleasure, because Jack Twist was in his dreams.

Offline iristarr

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Ain't no reins on this one . . .
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 02:36:21 pm »
Hi Wayne -- a little "small world" stuff:  My father had an apartment on Polk Street once, almost 100 years ago.  Each time I follow Jack and Ennis up onto Brokeback I am reminded of him and our childhood treks up into the Sierras, where he took us kids every summer, being a person with a fondness for high altitudes. I find fascinating the many little ways our human lives touch and are interconnected and have commonalities with each other. One of the many thoughts and wonderings that BBM has evoked for me. Best, Iris/Elaine
Ennis and Jack, the dogs, horses and mules, a thousand ewes and their lambs flowed up the trail like dirty water through the timber and out above the tree line into the great flowering meadows and the endless coursing wind.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 11:01:28 pm »
Hello, glad to be here. Is there anyone else here from the San Francisco Bay Area? You would think that here in the "Gay Mecca" the terrible lonliness reflected in BBM wouldn't resonate as much -- alas, sometimes I think this area is as bad as rural Wyoming.

Hey there... welcome aboard to more Bay area people.  You are not alone.  There are more of you.  I think half the users here are from Australia, then another 35% are in California, and then there are the rest of us.  :)

I worry about the Californians.  If the earthquake doesn't get you, the mudslides, wildfires, or riots will.  If something big happens out there, we lose at least a third of our users!

« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 11:03:29 pm by Phillip »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline BBMGrandma

• Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 06:11:47 am »
HEY IRis and Wayne....I used to work on Larkin Street....I was a hair stylist there in the 60/70's.
Where the hotel Essex was.  Or is it still there?  My most wonderful clients were the hookers and cross-dressers!!  That place was HOPPIN during the 60's.  Whew!!  THOSE were the days!!  <wink> 

And HEY....PHILIP....we ain't goin anywhere.... ;)  You're STUCK with us now...pal... ;)

NOW where did Bay area guy...GO???   Maybe we'll have a BBBBBB...<Bay Area BrokeBack BBQ..>

Love to all....Nancy  :-*
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline donnaread

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 06:59:08 pm »
Hi, Bay Area Guy -- I'm the other Brokeback Grandma here, and I live up in Eureka but Berkeley was my original home and I get down there a few times a year.  I envision a great big gathering of BBM-lovers down there somewhere, sometime in the not too distant future.  Welcome to this site.  Iris/Elaine
[/quote  I'm from Louisiana, but I'm a grandmother too...love that BBM, and so happy to know all of you!  Welcome Wayne  ;D

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 12:32:01 am »
Hi. Anyone who canm beat 70, I'll call grandma, otherwise, you're all children. I live inj Berkeley, is there a fu**ckin' problem with that? I REALLY have to go home from work.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 02:22:45 am »
Howdy -

Pete - here in SF.  So far some of us Bay Areans have gotten together for two BBM theater parties - one in SF and one in Mill Valley.

Anyone up for a DVD party?

Pete
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 06:31:06 am »
Hey Pete!  I was wondering if you made it over.

Hi to everyone else.  Kirk in San Francisco here.

Offline BBMGrandma

• Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 06:38:18 am »
Hey PETE....Hi Kirk....Santa Rosa Grandma here but I lived in SF almost all my life.

Nice to see you here!! 

DVD party.....Ooooooooo yeah!!  Sounds like a GREAT idea!!!

Hugs.....Nancy  :-*

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 07:04:43 pm »
Hello.

Eric in San Jose checking in and reporting for duty... :)