Author Topic: Magazines featuring Heath  (Read 50259 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: Magazines featuring Heath
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 02:09:24 pm »
My daughter started crying when she read the article.  :(

:'(  :'(

It's a very difficult read...
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 02:11:51 pm »
Me too! Me too!

thank you Leslie.

I am so amazed at the speed with which these magazines are being delivered. I said to Chrissi, they must be flying to you on Brokie wings!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 04:49:09 pm »
From People:

Jake Is Taking Heath's Death 'Harder Than Most'

By Bryan Alexander

Originally posted Wednesday January 30, 2008 06:15 AM EST

Ledger and Gyllenhaal in 2005

Heath Ledger's sudden death has been especially tough on his good friend – and Brokeback Mountain costar – Jake Gyllenhaal.

The actor, who is godfather to Ledger's two-year-old daughter Matilda, has been devastated by last week's news. Says one Gyllenhaal friend, "Jake is taking this harder than most people."

Nowhere is that more apparent than on the New Mexico set of Gyllenhaal's latest movie, Brothers.

"This has had a strong personal effect on [Jake]," says a set source. The insider adds that Gyllenhaal left the set immediately after learning of Ledger's Jan. 22 death – but he flew back on a commercial flight to shoot an additional scene on Thursday.

"He was there, but he wasn't with us. It was obviously a major trauma," says the movie source. "These guys were very close. [Jake] was sitting in the director's chair staring off into space."

Gyllenhaal has been off since shooting that scene, and was photographed Saturday looking subdued with girlfriend Reese Witherspoon in Los Angeles. Set sources say director Jim Sheridan is shooting around the grieving actor during his personal leave.

The 27-year-old's somber mood is a sharp contrast to the happier times on the set of Brothers. During one intense early prison scene, Gyllenhaal jokingly reached into his pocket and took out a picture of his Brokeback beau to stick on the prison wall. "Like those prisoners put [loved ones] on the wall, but Jake's was Heath Ledger," one set source recalls. "That was hilarious. It was a nice moment."

The source adds, "When you think back on it now, it's touching."

• Reporting by ALYSSA SHELASKY

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 04:59:19 pm »
Yay for Leslie, the thoughtful honorary Euro-Brokie!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 05:00:13 pm »
Yay for Leslie, the thoughtful honorary Euro-Brokie!

Aw, thank you Clarissa!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 09:13:50 pm »
I notice that some magazines are featuring uncomplimentary covers concerning Heath. I'm not surprised considering how some of the media are treating Heath's life. It is very sad that some choose to do this. I am not interested in getting the magazines that state such things as Heath's drug abuse, the Heath you didn't know, etc. I am interested in the ones that give tasteful tributes which is exactly what Heath deserves. I agree that Entertainment Weekly could have found a better picture, but it is rare that I find a picture of Heath that I do not like in some way. The article is also quite good. I have not read the one in People yet. If any of you find magazines that are complimentary in nature I would like to know about them and if you could pick me one up I would be happy to pay for it, postage, and your time for getting and sending it. I know there will be several in other countries than the United States. As kd5000 said I have a large number of magazines dedicated to Brokeback from small magazines to Rolling Stone. We will have to compare the ones we have kd5000.

Jack

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 07:14:33 pm »
Certainly In the UK, Heat had a five page spread - a full double page photograph of ennis smiling - it was lovely - and a full page of tributes from readers

There was another with a three page spread - that was my quick flick of the mags today.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 09:47:23 pm »
The newest People has "Heath and Michelle: The Untold Story" on the cover.

L

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 03:08:07 am »
I went to the International Magazine Shop in the town near to where I live yesterday. They had told me the day before that the new Entertainment Weekly issue would be available the next day. So off, I went, only to find the January 25th issue with that Conan O'Brien guy on the cover.  ???

Can someone tell me the date on the issue with Heath on the cover? Leslie, have you read it sofar? Are the articles any good? Or is it more speculation?
I'll think I'll pass if that's the case.

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 06:44:12 am »
I went to the International Magazine Shop in the town near to where I live yesterday. They had told me the day before that the new Entertainment Weekly issue would be available the next day. So off, I went, only to find the January 25th issue with that Conan O'Brien guy on the cover.  ???

Can someone tell me the date on the issue with Heath on the cover? Leslie, have you read it sofar? Are the articles any good? Or is it more speculation?
I'll think I'll pass if that's the case.

The date on the magazine is February 1, 2008. The article is fine--no new information, of course, but a nice tribute with some good pictures.

I went to the newsstand at the airport yesterday looking for it. There was EW with Ellen Page (Juno) on the cover. Ack! I said to the cashier, "Do you have Entertainment Weekly?" (even though I was looking right at it) and she very nicely said, "Yes, second row from the top, on the right." I said "Oh," and must have sounded really sad because she said, "Do you want the one with Heath Ledger on the cover?" and I said yes. I guess the new issue had just come in and she hadn't finished processing the ones from last week that needed to be returned. She said, "I have one left, I can still sell it to you." And she did.

Bless you, very nice young woman at the Portland International Jetport! I hope lots of good luck comes her way the next few days. She deserves it!

L