Author Topic: Heath Ledger in his own Words  (Read 184711 times)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Ledger in his own Words
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2008, 11:39:15 am »
"I always have bed head. I don't do anything with my hair. I don't know what to do with it." - Heath in Teen People (Sept. 2001)
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2008, 01:38:44 pm »
Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time to do this Bruce

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2008, 01:53:17 pm »
"For me, acting is a form of expression. I discovered this curiosity about human nature and how people work. I love what I do--the time between action and cut is precious." (Premiere Magazine, March 2002)
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2008, 01:56:11 pm »
"Number one, I have to be inspired by a director, and I have to really trust them, respect them and feel at ease with them, and secondly, I have to have a feel for the material, because I never really know what I'm going to do next. I'm not someone who wants to plan my next piece.

I don't like to sit down and say, 'OK, now it's time that I should go for this kind of character because this is what I now need in my career.' If you start thinking that way, it tends to narrow your vision, and you can block out other options. I'm never after any one particular part." Heath on how he chooses his films.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2008, 02:01:08 pm »
"No amount of money changes what I do between 'action' and 'cut.'" Toronto Sun, May, 2001
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 06:36:52 am by TOoP/Bruce »

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2008, 02:11:57 pm »
I jumped off the cliff in "Brokeback Mountain" completely nude. That was a 45-foot drop into freezing cold glacier water.

You didn't use a stuntman?

No, that was me. And a stuntman. Jake [Gyllenhaal] chose to sit it out. I love jumping off things. I was chomping at the bit to get up there.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2008, 02:19:06 pm »
I just wanted to thank you again for this thread, Bruce.  It's priceless. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2008, 02:24:45 pm »
I love it too!

"I love jumping off things" - that seems like an Aussie trait.  Hugh Jackman said something very similar about a stunt he did cliff jumping into surf from when he was a teen.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Dagi

« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2008, 03:11:02 pm »
Thanks for this precious thread, Bruce!! These pictures are heartbreakingly beautiful I could look at them for hours.

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2008, 04:20:16 pm »
"For me, acting is a form of expression. I discovered this curiosity about human nature and how people work. I love what I do--the time between action and cut is precious." (Premiere Magazine, March 2002)

I love that picture of Heath. He looks so fucken' cute!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 05:57:37 pm by TOoP/Bruce »
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero