Author Topic: The Latest on Jake G.  (Read 72380 times)

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
The Latest on Jake G.
« on: January 30, 2008, 06:15:59 pm »
He has taken a leave of absence from filming his latest movie Brothers. Now this is a BIG DEAL because you just don't "take off' on a film commitment because it then turns into a claim with the films insurance underwriter and holds up production costing about $50 thousand a day to idle a film already in production.  My take on this is the Films Dr. has signed off saying he is not fit to continue filming for a given time. Its the only way they can make a claim on the policy. He is said to be in seclusion with Reese Witherspoon. Now here is an intresting twist. While filming Brothers there is a jail scene where Jake is in jail for what ever reason. Now mind you this happened BEFORE Heath died he replaced a poster in his jail cell of a hot babe that the set dressers put there with one of HEATH!! What the heck do you make of that???

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: The Latest on Jake G.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 06:20:54 pm »
He was having a warm hearted joke with his colleagues?

good info on the meaning of "leave of absence" though.  The poor guy.

Jake - we are RIGHT THERE WITH YOU buddy.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 06:26:45 pm »

my heart breaks for poor Jake..          sweetie  s'alright, s'alright...lay back and rest,
for just one more time.

Beautiful mind

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 06:40:21 pm »
I have a feeling one day he will talk, they always do, and it will be like when Baby Jessica was pulled from that well, there will be total silence, and all eyes will be on him.

Bless his heart.  :'(
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 07:08:22 pm »
Quote: "What the heck do you make of that???"

Probably displaying a good sense of humor, though some people might read more into that.

I wish our community could also reach out to Jake as we did for Heath's family. He's suffered such an intractable loss.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 07:42:32 pm »
Perhaps Jake is also going to the funeral in Australia. (Presumably when he was in LA he went to the memorial service there.)

Wherever he is, I just hope the &%^$*# media leave him alone. (Not that they will, if they find him.)

I don't know what fans could do for him. He probably needs the comfort of people he knows well. (His parents, his sister...)
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 08:35:36 pm »
I just posted a bit about this in another thread... but this also seems very relevant here. 

E!News ran stories on Heath for quite a substantial amount of time tonight (as far as that show usually goes anyway... with its sound-bites, etc.).  And, one of their focus stories was about Jake.  They basically confirmed what Ross mentioned in his first post here... that Jake has left the set of his current movie and has not been seen much at all since Heath's death.  This E! report also talked about the situation that Ross mentioned... that Jake pinned up Heath's picture in his jail cell on the movie set (before Heath passed away).  It's hard to know what to make of that... but now given Ross's post, this is the second time I've heard it.

E!News mentioned that they attempted to shoot one scene on Jake's new movie since Heath's passing away but that it didn't work at all and Jake left.  They kept stressing the phrase "he's taking it harder than most."  They also spent some time explaining the strength of their friendship and Jake's role as godfather.  The tone of this report was relatively respectful (again as far as these gossip/entertainment shows go).  But, still so much of what they reported seems to be based on rumor and speculation that it's hard to know what to believe.

Poor Jake. :(

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 09:00:27 pm »
My heart just aches for him.  And everyone else who was as close or closer to Heath.  I've never lost a close friend who was also a contemporary like this.  I can't begin to imagine what it must feel like.

I wish the press would just leave them all the fuck alone.  Like the line in the song goes, "Even when you died, the press still hounded you."  For the love of all that's holy, why can't they show some respect?

I'm sure I speak for everyone (or just about) here when I say there is nothing I'd like more in the realm of reality now than to have the toxicology results come back negative.  Not just to spare Heath's name, and his family and loved ones, all the bullshit that comes with a drug overdose by a star.  But so these tabloid assholes could look to *everyone* exactly like what we know they really are:  self-serving idiots.
No more beans!

Offline kellyd

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 10:49:34 pm »
Hi, I'm relatively new here but it's been great to be able to come here the past week.  I really appreciate it.  Anyway, here is a link to People.com where there is the article about Jake taking Heath's death "harder than most."  It also tells about Jake putting Heath's picture up in the cell as kind of a joke.  It's sweet too though.  Hope the link works. 

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20174820,00.html?xid=email-peopledaily-20080130-20174820

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 12:19:12 am »
Hi, I'm relatively new here but it's been great to be able to come here the past week.  I really appreciate it.  Anyway, here is a link to People.com where there is the article about Jake taking Heath's death "harder than most."  It also tells about Jake putting Heath's picture up in the cell as kind of a joke.  It's sweet too though.  Hope the link works. 

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20174820,00.html?xid=email-peopledaily-20080130-20174820

Thank you for the link kellyd!  That's really helpful.

And, welcome to BetterMost!  :)  :)  It's so nice you found your way here... and I certainly hope this community can offer some measure of comfort as a respectful, understanding place during these difficult times.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie