Author Topic: An Ode to our Open Forum Wise Ones  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
An Ode to our Open Forum Wise Ones
« on: October 18, 2006, 08:16:00 pm »
This is a thank you to all of you who cook up and serve our BBM observational and analytic threads.  I won't say even one name, so as not to leave anybody out, but I could name two dozen of you easily.  Your posts are nutritious and delicious, and a big reason I keep coming around these parts - though I don't post in said threads as much as I used to. 

I go weeks now without partaking of the yummy, yummy yumminess in the Open Forum analysis threads.  I visit the list of them nearly every day, and look to see which ones are growing, but don't dive in.  And then one day, I'm ready for a BBMfest, and I read 4 or 5 long Open Forum threads full of insight all the way through.  By the time I get to them, so much has been said that there isn't usually too much for me to add except to express my praise and gratitude for the wisdom and humor therein.

So I thank you stolid hardworking, industrious ants who trudge on through the observation and analysis day after day, so that I, a silly grasshopper, can infrequently savor and chow down on your glorious, impressive gleanings.

Your appreciative admirer,

Elle

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: An Ode to our Open Forum Wise Ones
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 12:52:56 am »
Elle, I'll only say thank you to that if U know that you are one of the wise ones that you talk about! We are all adding to the knowledge, whether we just add to a post, start a new topic, or even if we just read, think, and send energy to each other. It's working!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 06:32:45 pm »
Coming in and out of such discussions is a very good thing. After all, is wisdom not a function of time and experience and thought? Even a few weeks away from actively participating in a forum like this can create new perspectives, revised thinking, and expanded understanding. One day, I hope my own thoughts will rise to the level of 'wisdom'. thanks!

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 02:53:43 pm »
One day, I hope my own thoughts will rise to the level of 'wisdom'. thanks!

From what I've seen, HerrKaiser, they're there already.  :)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 11:03:39 pm »
This is a very cute thread.
 :-*
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie