Author Topic: Asteroid Collision with Earth  (Read 10077 times)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
Asteroid Collision with Earth
« on: February 02, 2008, 09:17:38 pm »
new evidence shows that smaller asteroids can have a devastating impact if they collide with the Earth. This is important because smaller asteroids are three times more likely to impact Earth than the larger variety of Dinosaur killers. The famous Tunguska impact in Siberia a century ago is now thought to be from a much smaller asteroid than was originally thought.

see: "Research Sheds New Light on Asteroidal Disasters"  www.cnn.com/2008/tech/space/01/29/asteroid.recalculated.ap/html

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Asteroid Collision with Earth
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 01:10:50 pm »
Interesting brokeplex thread!

One was just found I think out in the Western provinces of Canada? Maybe close to where BM movie was filmed? It was on TV two weeks or so ago... I think.

I live on top of a rim of such of one which created a valley... bellow.

Great!! Uncredictable are some... at least eventfull?

Hugs!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 03:40:04 pm »
Speaking of Canada, many geologists believe that James Bay and maybe even Hudson's Bay are the deep impressions left by earlier collisions with large asteroids or comets. Such a collision would wipe out most of the life on Earth. 

ifyoucantfixit`2

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 05:55:59 pm »

Sure enough Dude now i will have to move that to  the top of my priority list of worries........

DAMN!!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 10:08:48 pm »
Brokeplex, I believe you are right.

I did live nearby there... years ago!! And collected Innuit sculptures. Did you see the movie last night done in an island there: The White Dawn 1974; I did not think I would have liked it and I loved it, as most were Innuits living there as cast members, but they had to be taught the young ones by the elders since that culture is changing too fast to us... and the book had been written by one who had lived there and the interview was his son... wow- great information about that them, that culture and life!!

Such manly film in the  wilderness which is melting too fast as white polar bears to-day have to swim too far for food and therefore die with no more strength to swim to its catch!! Global pollution warming too fast there... flooding them and us soon... is said!! As warning... for us all on Earth!!

The ladies in that film are very tender and like my girfriend who is First Nation Objibway -so king, friendly and nearly always smiling... soft hearted and helpful, but the Americans, Canadians, European and others, brought in booze and fighting which makes too much of a difference - sad !!

Even now to-day the Federal Government
of Canada is committing genecide towards a First Nation there nearby by paying lip-service to them... with no clean water they were becoming sick... and with no bucks for prison guards, their prisoners burned to death 2 years ago - shame - the Federal had and still refuse the Elders there who want a better place and be helped as promise but the Federal gives them lipservice as shown on TV - plus personal proof I have from a local person I knew who had to go work there recently!!

My tires on the car were like that comic show: squares in Winter!!

Hugs!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 11:44:30 pm »
Artiste, you might want to go to the following web site:

iceagenow.com

Climatologist Robert Felix talks about the evidence that the Earth is about to exit a warming phase and enter another ice age. So, the Polar Bears will be probably be alright.

On the asteroidal origins of James Bay, that happened many millions of years before the Inuit people emigrated from Asia to North America. Today we can find many such remnants of asteroidal collisions. Go look at a map of the area and you will notice that James Bay is roughly circular, much like what would be left if a large object slammed into the Earth long long ago.  It is fairly certain that the Dinosaurs were mostly killed off following the collision of a large object with the Yucatan peninsula millions of years ago. Over time it is certain that another large object will impact the Earth, the question is will it happen in our lifetime or thousands of years from now. 

Offline Artiste

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 12:57:11 am »
Thanks brokeplex, and thanks for interesting other comments from others too!!

I do not believe that the Innuit came from Asia, not at all!!  Maybe some rare First Nations as they are but NOT all did!!  Even Prince Phllip who my friend knows very well, does think that horses were from America, then afterwards they went to Asia where they became bigger and men rode them and then these horses came back to us via the Spaniards when they came to America; that seems to be proven now... for what I can see on TV to-day when he went to the USA lately, and with other stories I know or read. The First Nations, ones  in Canada knew that they were here for over 6 million years, that is in our/their history ( I am 2 First Nations as part of my heritage, plus other cultures ); now, scientists and other researchers have proof that the First Nations in America were here till maybe 8 million years at least it seems... till maybe 10??

When I was at high school, I said not only in Africa... we have our dinosaurs here in America too and everybody would laugh and they did not believe that - but now that we have found some in Canada and in the USA... the proofs are there!! I had seen such tracks and more when I was young and with my brother and my father the forest ranger, that time we discovered such tracks in the rocks as if melted deep into them - way before dinosaurs were found in America and in Canada - it seems to me!!

The First Nation lady I told you about has seen caves as older or older that the Europeans ones with cave men drawings!!

As far as you saying that Hudson Bay is round, you are right since I had one of the first photos given to me taken by the first out-space sattelite!! Too, your are right!! Likely asteroidal origin, any proof?

If we get the ice age back, I think the melting will and is happening FIRST !! Cruise's movie is wrong for now??

You, I, and others, have seen rock coming from outer space?? It seems that we humans get them daily, since thy are also in tiny particles in the air everyday!! Did you know that?? Miniature asteroids ones or dust pieces?? My father also said that when we do eat outside, we eat an asteroid!! Was he right maybe?

Hugs! P.S. I wonder and think sometimes that some of us did come from far distant asteroids or planets!! ?? Do you and to all of you, do you think it so maybe??

Just discovered this about meteorites; see the last paragraph especially where two was in Conn. USA not far apart:
A meteorite is the remnant of an asteroid or comet which survives passage through the Earth's atmosphere to land on the surface. Meteorites are classified based on their composition as iron or stony. Stony meteorites are further classified as chondrites, achondrites, or carbonaceous chondrites based on their carbon content and texture. While stony meteorites are more common than irons, irons are discovered with disproportionate frequency due to their obviously anomalous composition compared to common Earth rocks. As meteorites fall to Earth, they can appear as a shooting star or a brilliant display called a fireball. As it falls, the meteorite is called a meteor. Both shooting stars and fireballs are caused by melting and ionization of the outer layers of the meteorite, leaving a blackened layer called a fusion crust.

There is not a single well-confirmed case in which a human has been killed by a meteorite, although it has been calculated that in the United States, on the average, a human will be struck by a meteorite once in every 9,300 years. In Joshua 10:11 in the Bible speaks of the struggle between the Israelites and the Amorites as follows: "And it came to pass, as they fled from before Israel, and were in the going down to Beth-Horon, that the Lord cast down great stones from Heaven upon them unto Azekah, and they died: they were more which died with hailstones than they whom the children of Israel slew with the sword." A monk is alleged to have been killed by a meteorite in Cremona in 1511, and another monk in Milan in 1650. In 1674, two Swedish sailors supposedly were killed aboard their ship. However, of these reports, neither these nor more recent ones have with stood critical investigation. For example, some years ago a wedding guest is supposed to have been killed in the Balkans, a child in Japan, and the rebel general, T. Catillianis, in a military camp in 1906.

The best documented close-call was experienced by three children in Braunau in Bohemia in 1847, when a 17-kilogram iron meteorite fell into the room in which they were sleeping, covering them with debris. On November 30, 1954, a woman was slightly injured in Sylacauga, Alabama, by a stone meteorite weighing 3.855 kilograms. This meteorite struck her after penetrating the roof of her house.

There are only a few reports of animals killed by meteorites. For example, in 1911 a dog was killed by the SNC meteorite of Nakhla (in Egypt), and in 1860, a colt was skilled by a stone of the meteor shower of New Concord, Ohio.

In a bizarre coincidence, the house of Wanda and Robert - (lost that and can not re-find it; that is their names... if you don find out; the two meteorites were just two mile sor less apart there in Conn., USA!!

Interesting?

When I looked yesterday at that movie, I was very surprised that the Innuits had knives already; and, just found this that might help about that:
Indigenous peoples often prized iron-nickel meteorites as an easy, if limited, source of iron metal. For example, the Inuit used chips of the Cape York, yes Cape York meteorite  to form cutting edges for tools and spear tips.

Other Native Americans treated meteorites as ceremonial objects. In 1915, a 135-pound iron meteorite was found in a Sinagua (c.1100-1200 AD) burial cyst near Camp Verde, Arizona, respectfully wrapped in a feather cloth.[28] A small pallasite was found in a pottery jar in an old burial found at Pojoaque Pueble, New Mexico. Nininger reports several other such instances, in the Southwest US and elsewhere.

Interesting? Did you see that movie yet? The White Dawn 1974

Any did any of you here besides me?

Just found this too, as I knew about horses that First Nations had before the arrivals of other cultures, but I did not know about camels, did you?? I knew about bisons!! So did you and all here!! :
Mammoths and Mastodons are two types of elephants that lived in Utah during the Ice Age. They differ in the shape and function of their teeth and in the shape of other bones, including the skull. They are related to modern elephants that live in Africa and Asia.

Gravel quarries along the Wasatch Front contain the bones of many Ice Age animals. These gravels were deltaic deposits formed in Lake Bonneville. The animals that roamed the shores of Lake Bonneville included big-horn sheep (Ovis), horses (Equus), and bison (Bison), whose living relatives are found in Utah today, as well as animals such as musk oxen (Bootherium bombifrons), camels (Camelops hesternus), and giant ground sloths (Megalonyx jeffersoni), who have living relatives in other parts of the world.

Musk oxen are found today only in the Arctic. Ground sloths are now extinct, but are related to the much smaller tree sloths that live in South America. Horses and camels are both native to North America. After their expansion into other parts of the world, camels and horses became extinct in North America at the end of the Ice Age. Horses living in Utah today are descendents of the horses brought to the New World by the Spanish.

Even if humans seem to be only on Earth since 3 to 0 millliom years ago. the First Nations here have stories that date to 6 and 10 million years ago!!

Era Cenozoic Mesozoic Paleozoic
Period Quaternary First Humans

3 to 0 Million Years Ago.  From the Ice Age to the Appearance of the first human beings.
 Cretaceous Dinosaur
Birds
Mammals

144 to 65 Million Years ago.  Last part Of the age of Dinosaurs
 Carboniferous Amphibians
Early Reptiles

360 to 248 million years ago.  Appearance of the  first reptiles (laying their eggs on land).

Tertiary Dinosaur Extinction

65 to 3 Million Years Ago.  Dinosaurs inexplicably become extinct and mammals and birds become the dominant species.
 Jurassic Dinosaurs
Birds
Mammals

206 to 144 Million Years ago.  This is the high point of the dinosaur age, there are a great number of species including giant plant eaters. Appearance of the first feathered birds.
 Devonian Amphibians
Fish

408 to 360 Million Years Ago.  Appearance of the first amphibious creatures.

Triassic Dinosaurs
Mammals

248 to 206 Million Years Ago.  Appearance of the The first dinosaurs and the first mammals.
 Silurian Fish

438 to 408 Million Years Ago.  Plants begin to cover the land.

Ordovician Marine Invertebrates
Fish

505 to 438 Million Years Ago.  The Oceans are teeming with invertebrate life.  Appearance of he first true fish.

Cambrian Marine Invertebrates

570 to 505 Million Years Ago.  Appearance of the first marine invertebrates.

Lists of prehistoric animals

Prehistoric Reptiles  Prehistoric Mammals 
Prehistoric Birds  Prehistoric Fish 

Send mail to [email protected] with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright © 2002 www.extinctanimal.com
Last modified: May 17, 2002

Hugs!! Awaiting your stories, research, questions, and/or news/comments!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 01:04:46 am »
Sorry Artiste, but your anthropological history is incorrect.

The Innuit like other American Indians and Eskimos originally emigrated from Siberia back in the last Ice Age some 100,000 years ago when there was a land bridge connecting Asia and North America. Horses and camels evolved first in the Americas, but were hunted to extinction by the American Indians and had to be reimported by the Spaniards in the 16th century.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 01:09:44 am »
Thanks!!

WE have proof of that??

Your two issues??

I agree with the Spanish bring back horses to Mexico...

and am too much puzzled with the other two as facts.

The First Nations were here and some proof now is that some were NOT from Siberia!! Did you see that??

Hugs!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 01:11:11 am »
Thanks brokeplex, and thanks for interesting other comments from others too!!

I do not believe that the Innuit came from Asia, not at all!!  Maybe some rare First Nations as they are but NOT all did!!  Even Prince Phllip who my friend knows very well, does think that horses were from America, then afterwards they went to Asia where they became bigger and men rode them and then these horses came back to us via the Spaniards when they came to America; that seems to be proven now... for what I can see on TV to-day when he went to the USA lately, and with other stories I know or read. The First Nations, ones  in Canada knew that they were here for over 6 million years, that is in our/their history ( I am 2 First Nations as part of my heritage, plus other cultures ); now, scientists and other researchers have proof that the First Nations in America were here till maybe 8 million years at least it seems... till maybe 10??

Even if humans seem to be only on Earth since 3 to 0 millliom years ago. the First Nations here have stories that date to 6 and 10 million years ago!!.........

Sorry Artiste but you contradict yourself. American Indians could not have been in North America 8 million years ago, there were no modern humans anywhere on the planet at that time.

And, yes I am inclined to believe that modern humans have an extraterrestrial origin. I believe the native sentient inhabitants of the Earth were the Neanderthals, our ancestors exterminated them or absorbed them some 500,000 years ago.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 01:12:13 am »
no I do not see this, the anthropological and linguistic evidence of their emigration from Asia is overwhelming.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 01:15:56 am »
Sorry Artiste but you contradict yourself. American Indians could not have been in North America 8 million years ago, there were no modern humans anywhere on the planet at that time.

I seem to remember seeing on TV last year or  two years ago, that proof (or two at least, maybe more now to-day) is now found that First Nations were here over 6 million or so years ago!!

The finding were in South America, plus in North America shortly after??

Hugs!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 01:17:46 am »
you are watching too many game shows, go look up the evidence in a reliable encyclopedia.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 11:20:32 am »
Thanks brokeplex!

Since that research is new, I suppose that information is not yet in such encyclopedia!! ??

Anyway, for now that was at least on two TV documantary programs.

The 2 new found evidence is obviously still being analysed to-day??

Hugs!! Note: Such news will differ your idea about us all starting from Africa, then we went up to Europe... Asia and then to Canada, then the USA, and so forth, as we think as history of mankind so far!!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 01:09:01 pm »
Artiste, you might want to go to the following web site:

iceagenow.com

Climatologist Robert Felix talks about the evidence that the Earth is about to exit a warming phase and enter another ice age. So, the Polar Bears will be probably be alright.

Maybe we'll start to see snow for Christmas around here again.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 03:35:04 pm »
You wish so Jeff, for more snow?

At my mother, my brother comes to push the snow when there is 2 inches or more, in her yard... after it snows usually a lot and often!!

But it was the first time, Christmas had no snow in 2007!!

And twice aleady this 2008 January all the snow had melted; that he had never seen before since he lived there from 1948, where snow banks became at least 3 to 5 feet or more all January's EVERY YEAR till NOW!!

So, it seems snow and ice is melting, odd times and more and more now?? !!

What is your situation?? Maybe you had an asteroid fall near you to melt snow and/or ice?? Where are you?

Hugs!!

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 08:33:11 pm »
new evidence shows that smaller asteroids can have a devastating impact if they collide with the Earth. This is important because smaller asteroids are three times more likely to impact Earth than the larger variety of Dinosaur killers. The famous Tunguska impact in Siberia a century ago is now thought to be from a much smaller asteroid than was originally thought.

see: "Research Sheds New Light on Asteroidal Disasters"  www.cnn.com/2008/tech/space/01/29/asteroid.recalculated.ap/html

Yep, just a matter of time.  Hopefully we'll develop the technology to deal with them, but right now, we need about a 10-15 year head start, but with little funding going toward the NASA project to look for NEOs (near earth objects), chances are fairly good we're going to get our bell rung but good within in the next century, give or take.

injest

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 08:37:23 pm »
not ME...if I see one coming I intend to DUCK!

;D ;D

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 08:42:45 pm »

Jess:       Malard or Peking ?????

Beautiful mind

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 08:48:21 pm »
not ME...if I see one coming I intend to DUCK!

;D ;D

Heh, from what I've read and heard, unlike in the movies, the meteor or comet will be traveling so fast, that once it hits our atmosphere, it will impact the ground in about 2-3 seconds.  Most of us won't even know what hit us.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2008, 09:15:49 pm »
Yep, just a matter of time.  Hopefully we'll develop the technology to deal with them, but right now, we need about a 10-15 year head start, but with little funding going toward the NASA project to look for NEOs (near earth objects), chances are fairly good we're going to get our bell rung but good within in the next century, give or take.

the technology useful in deflecting an asteroidal or cometary crash on Earth exists today. nuclear missles, lasers all exist, the question is how long would it take to construct reliable systems in Earth or near Earth orbit which could deflect those NEOs. this threat to the planet is real, there is excellent video of the Hale-Bopp comet impacting Jupiter a few years ago. the explosions which occured on Jupiter were more powerful than the explosion which ended the Mesozoic and extinguished most of the dinosaurs.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2008, 09:36:50 pm »
brokeplex, you are right that we are NOW in the ice age, if that is what you are saying!!

But, ice is melting!!!

I just heard on TV an hour ago, that Earth was 9 out of 10 of its age without ice!!

The ice is rather newness on Earth!!

Did you know that?

Now, we are finding that volcanos are SAVING us, you know?

- so maybe a small tiny asteroid could too dare I ask??

Hugs!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2008, 09:38:45 pm »
no, I am not saying that we are currently in an Ice Age. we are in an interglacial period that is rapidly coming to an end.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2008, 10:05:28 pm »
The TV said that WE ARE IN ICE AGE!!

But the volcanos are helping US with that!! Especially like that California one, since it is one of the special ones WE NEED to survive!! You know that?

Maybe I misunderstood??

Hugs!

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2008, 12:43:59 am »
the technology useful in deflecting an asteroidal or cometary crash on Earth exists today. nuclear missles, lasers all exist, the question is how long would it take to construct reliable systems in Earth or near Earth orbit which could deflect those NEOs. this threat to the planet is real, there is excellent video of the Hale-Bopp comet impacting Jupiter a few years ago. the explosions which occured on Jupiter were more powerful than the explosion which ended the Mesozoic and extinguished most of the dinosaurs.

The technology exists, but the actual logistics are still up in the air, so to speak.  Nuclear missiles as a solution have been dismissed out of hand, since they might make a large dangerous object into a bunch of much smaller dangerous objects.  Lasers exist, but they would have to be mounted on a ship to go out to deflect said asteroid, and who knows what size and power we will need and how fast we'll need it.  Will we have it when the NEO is identified?  I've seen on science documentaries that the technology exists for asteroids, but not for errant comets which are also a problem - as you said.  Recently, the scientific community was practicing landing on a comet just to see if we could - a great opportunity taken advantage of.  We might have to land a ship on an asteroid and use its engines to redirect the object.   

Offline Artiste

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2008, 12:48:33 am »
Interesting!!

Did a comic book story ever suggested us landing on an asteroid for such action to divert that one or another from hitting Earth??

Just wondering!! After all, Superman was a comic story book creation!!
<
Hugs!

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2008, 12:49:59 am »
Interesting!!

Did a comic book story ever suggested us landing on an asteroid for such action to divert that one or another from hitting Earth??

Just wondering!! After all, Superman was a comic story book creation!!
<
Hugs!

:laugh:

I'm sure SOME comic book did at some point.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2008, 12:52:14 am »
Yes! I think so too!!

Think saw one, but can not remember!!

Maybe someone knows?

Hugs! 

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2008, 01:36:24 am »

The technology exists, but the actual logistics are still up in the air, so to speak.

Nuclear missiles as a solution have been dismissed out of hand, since they might make a large dangerous object into a bunch of much smaller dangerous objects. 

Lasers exist, but they would have to be mounted on a ship to go out to deflect said asteroid, and who knows what size and power we will need and how fast we'll need it.

the logistics are up the in the air because of the lack of political will to adequately fund an asteroid defense.

not by all scientists familiar with the problem dismiss the nuclear option, the probability of missiles pulverizing a large asteroid into "smaller more dangerous objects" depends upon the unique orbital path of the NEO in question and how far away from Earth it is when impacted.

the lasers powerful enough to deflect a large asteroid do not yet exist, they do not have to be mounted in near Earth orbit, they can be on the moon, in the Lagrange points, or even as far away as Mercury and still be very effective. I like the Mercury option because of the option of solar panels used to recharge those giant lasers.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2008, 08:56:29 am »
the logistics are up the in the air because of the lack of political will to adequately fund an asteroid defense.

not by all scientists familiar with the problem dismiss the nuclear option, the probability of missiles pulverizing a large asteroid into "smaller more dangerous objects" depends upon the unique orbital path of the NEO in question and how far away from Earth it is when impacted.

Hmmm, interesting...but who's going to risk the possibility that they are incorrect considering what's at stake?

the lasers powerful enough to deflect a large asteroid do not yet exist, they do not have to be mounted in near Earth orbit, they can be on the moon, in the Lagrange points, or even as far away as Mercury and still be very effective. I like the Mercury option because of the option of solar panels used to recharge those giant lasers.

Yep, like I said.  The logistics are still up in the air.  We have some of the technology, but nothing's been really tested, the funding's not there and not likely to be considering our current economic status.   

Offline Artiste

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2008, 10:31:39 am »
Are we now thinking that maybe placing atomic bomb on Mars? Or is it on another planet?

In order to melt the snow there?

Hugs!! If we suceed with that, then maybe we could push too from that planet an asteroid which would collide with Earth?

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2008, 11:54:46 pm »
Hmmm, interesting...but who's going to risk the possibility that they are incorrect considering what's at stake?

Yep, like I said.  The logistics are still up in the air.  We have some of the technology, but nothing's been really tested, the funding's not there and not likely to be considering our current economic status.   

I'm in favor of spending some money now for more R&D on the developing the asteroid killer laser. Ultimately, mankind will need a permanent presence in space for a variety of reasons, planetary defense against Dinosaur killers is a great biproduct.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 12:12:07 am »
Soon, we will live on the moon. Plans are being made now.

Then, next is Mars or Saturn??

From one of those spots or two or three, we will have plans to stop an asteroid from coming too close to all four??

Hugs!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2008, 11:21:46 pm »
The TV news just said that a meteor has just landed about 300 km south of Seattle in the USA!!

Someone took a clip of it too, and that was on TV news!!

Any more news of it?

Hugs!