Author Topic: Do you think that some men as feminine and women masculine in the BM movie?  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Do you think that some men as feminine and women masculine in the BM movie?

Society changes or does it??

The Annie story and/or the BM movie seems to talk ((as  issue(s) maybe ??)) about society as changing or does it according to certain traits one had/has or does?? Are the feminine and masculine traits free in that Annie story and/or in the BM movie??

Or to a certain degree?

To that society then?

To our North American society presently?

In the whole world to-day?

Which character displays maybe certain feminine or masculine traits, according to you? Any details?

Did those traits stopped or progessed that charactor, do you think or can you prove?

Any actor or actress placed such accents of feminism or masculism to portrait that charactor? (I know of one who was asked something and that reporter puzzled me with that question, and I will mention that later.)

Etc., as you wish!!

Have fun...

hugs!!  May everyone in the world be free to act feminin and/or masculine!!

moremojo

I can say that I think Jack exhibits some qualities and traits that are usually thought of as feminine. Many viewers have commented on the unalloyed masculinity they discern in both Ennis and Jack, but while I agree with this regarding Ennis, I see Jack's character as an integration of masculine and feminine qualities.

Jack is nurturing and tender. Note his application of his wet bandana to Ennis's wound after the bear attack. Also note the gentle and tender ministrations he offers Ennis in the second tent scene. We also see him being receptive to being penetrated, an act that many macho straight men view with disdain (regarding a man submitting to it, specifically), and which has traditionally (if narrow-mindedly) been seen as a largely feminine, submissive posture by the larger culture.

I should stress that I'm not arguing that nurturing and tenderness are inherently feminine and not masculine, merely that our traditional culture has made such a distinction. Jack shows a healthy integration of both masculinity and femininity in his persona, and as such, actually displays more wholeness from a psychological perspective than does Ennis.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Thanks moremojo!

Your comment is great!! It says much!! Much can be said!!

I think every person, female or male, have masculine as well as feminine traits (is that the right word?); what do you think? And maybe that is detailed somewhat in some BM movie charactors, more??

For now pour moi (for me), stress seems evident in Ennis as well as in Jack, and other charactors!! - It seems to me that stress might be part or result of feminine and/or masculine traits?? - BUT therefore change them... from masculine to feminine or vice versa a bit??

Here is an article I found to-day which might give a clue??

Lauran Neergaard, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Jan. 7, 2008WASHINGTON - Those Type A go-getters aren't the only ones stressing their hearts. Nervous Nelsons seem to be, too.
Researchers reported Monday that chronic anxiety can significantly increase the risk of a heart attack, at least in men.
The findings add another trait to a growing list of psychological profiles linked to heart disease, including anger or hostility, Type A behaviour, and depression.
"There's a connection between the heart and head," said Dr. Nieca Goldberg of the New York University School of Medicine, a spokeswoman for the American Heart Association who wasn't involved in the study.
"This is very important research because we really are focused very much on prescribing medicine for cholesterol and lowering blood pressure and treating diabetes, but we don't look at the psychological aspect of a patient's care," she added. Doctors "need to be aggressive about not only taking care of the traditional risk factors ... but also really getting into their patients' heads."
The research was published Monday by the Journal of the American College of Cardiology. Everybody's anxious every now and then. At issue here is not the understandable sweaty palms before a big speech or nervousness at a party, but longstanding anxiety - people who are socially withdrawn, fearful, chronic worriers. It's a glass-half-empty personality.
University of Southern California psychologist Biing-Jiun Shen used data from a national aging study to estimate the impact of this trait on the heart.
The Normative Aging Study has tracked 735 men since 1986. They were heart-healthy at the study's start, have completed extensive psychological testing, and undergo medical exams every three years. By 2004, there had been 75 heart attacks among the participants.
Shen tracked men who scored in the 15 per cent of anxiety scales that measure such things as excessive doubts, social insecurity, phobias and stress.
Those men deemed chronically anxious were 30 per cent to 40 per cent more likely to have had a heart attack than their more easygoing counterparts.
The link remained even when Shen took into account standard heart risk factors such as cholesterol problems, as well as other heart-negative personality traits.
Why? After all, a hostile person and an anxious one appear very different, one outgoing and one timid.
"Although the behaviour is quite different ... if you look at the physiological response of these people, they're quite similar," Shen said. "All have raised blood pressure, heart rate, they produce more stress hormones."
So, would treating anxiety lower the risk? No one knows, cautioned NYU's Goldberg. That's why these personality traits are considered "markers" for heart disease, not outright "risk factors" like cholesterol or blood pressure.

What do you and all of you think??

Hugs!!