Author Topic: David's Daily Journal  (Read 24681 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: David's Daily Journal
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008, 06:08:41 pm »
Alex's bear arrived in England today, just on time for Valentine's Day!!  :D

The bear arrived while he was at work and one of his flatmates signed for it. Alex called me around 6:00 pm London time, and we talked for about an hour on the phone. We spent most of it crying because we missed each other so much. He told me he was hugging his bandit bear the entire time. I was busy trying to download all the payroll files from the server when he called, and I was watching Titanic. I think Titanic is a very romantic movie and perfect to watch on Valentine's Day. Anyhow I left it on as I talked to Alex. About half way through the telephone conversation came the scene in the movie where they pan out from the boat and show all the dark ocean water. The boat is out there alone in the middle of that huge ocean. Then it suddenly struck me - the Titanic was on its way from England to the US, and just look at all the water!! I didn't like the idea of so much water and distance separating me from my boyfriend. All the thousands of miles of water between us... all the waves, and iceburgs, and sharks!! I don't like to think of all of that between the two of us. He was as close as my ear and yet on the other side of the world from me at the same time.

I sure will be glad when he comes back here. That will happen on March 1st.

Anyway, he got his bear.

:-* :-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 03:24:16 am »
We went out dancing tonight. Me and a few friends. It was a lot of fun but I found out I don't get tired very easily. Okay, I've always known this about myself, but my friends who went with me have gone home tired, and I'm still up and I'm not tired at all. Jan is here and even he's asleep. And he's only 22!! I'm sure his being drunk had something to do with it too but God ya'll, what's up with everyone these days? They get tired so easily! lol

I'm still bursting with energy and I'm not tired at all. Maybe I should go clean something. :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 08:15:02 am »
cleaning is a good idea if you want somethign to do!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

injest

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 10:16:17 am »
Cory stayed with me last night and he brought Trevor with him (the bear Alex bought me last year) and I hugged my bear too!

It helped. :)

aww...that was sweet of Cory, he is a good friend

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 11:44:48 pm »
It seems just as some of us are on the brink of accepting Heath's death, someone has to turn around and throw it in our faces again with rude and asinine comments. >:(

Case in point: I was just over at the AOL website and they posted a dreadful story about a woman who jumped out of a window on the 19th floor of the UN building and fell to her death. Down at the bottom in the comments section some stupid F*CKHEADS are posting things like " She probably jumped to her death because she was hooked on prescription medication just like Heath Ledger". Dumb asses. And I'm tired of fighting with them. If I post a message telling them to shut their asses up they call me a "troll". Alrighty then!

I really couldn't give a flying rat's ass what they call me, I just wish they would shut up and quit dissing Heath. I'm seeing this sort of thing over and over again on the Internet. It appears to be turning into some kind of fad. And I'm extremely sick of it. And I also think it's awful and disgusting to make cheap jokes about some woman's death. Maybe it's just me, but I think there are some VERY hateful people on the Internet and they aren't shy about showing it either. It makes me sick.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2008, 12:47:07 am »
I met a homeless man today. He wasn't some old man with a long beard and missing teeth. He was a war veteran. A veteran of the Iraq war. The current one. I met him as I was driving home to Speedway. Normally I continue on down I-465 to the Speedway exit, but for some reason I felt compelled to exit off at 38th street. It really doesn't matter anyhow. All roads lead to my house if you know how to do it. Down at the end of the exit, near the traffic light stood a rather young man with a burgundy shirt and gray jeans. He had a sign around his neck which read "Homeless Iraq War Veteran". Most of the time I try to avoid people begging at traffic lights, not because I don't care, but rather because I don't want to encourage such behavior. But it was different this time. This man was quite young, probably in his mid twenties. He wasn't wearing a military uniform to PROVE he was a veteran, nor did he dress in dirty clothing. He wasn't trying to put on any airs. He was just a guy who clearly hit some bad luck. His face was a bit dirty and so were his hands. I couldn't help but think he must be living in squalor.

He walked up to my window and I rolled it down and handed him some money. His eye were blue and looked very very sad. I wondered what could have possibly happened to this man. I've heard about our American veterans returning home, only to find their job had been given to someone else and they no longer have a house or apartment. So what happened? Did he return home to the US, to an ungrateful country where his friends and his family left him? And nobody cares? That was the feeling I got from him. I didn't ask him any questions. I didn't want to embarrass him. He gently took the money from my hand, smiled and sincerely thanked me and then walked away.

I still don't know what it was that encouraged me to take that exit. Something told me to do it. I NEVER take that exit. I'm glad I did it. I hope it made a difference. I can't stop thinking about him and where he might be tonight. I hope he found shelter somewhere safe. I wish I had given him more money than I did. I hope he finds happiness soon.  :'( :'(

injest

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2008, 01:09:11 am »
David, you are so sweet. That was the Spirit leading you so that encounter did make a difference.

you are very tuned you know. You are ?winkte? (is that spelled right?)

{{David}}

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2008, 01:54:18 am »

You are a living angel David.. from the story  "angels among us"

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2008, 08:50:55 pm »
Thanks Jess and Janice!

Jess: Yes, I am a Two Spirit (Wink'te) so maybe that's what led me to him.

The reason I posted this is because I find it distressing how so many people in the world, and even right here in our own country, are so "disposable" for lack of a better word. How does it happen? And why? I can't imagine how it must feel to return back to your home country and suddenly find you have no job, no place to live, no friends and no family.

I think it's absolutely and thoroughly appalling.  :'( :'(

injest

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2008, 11:53:01 pm »
Thanks Jess and Janice!

Jess: Yes, I am a Two Spirit (Wink'te) so maybe that's what led me to him.

The reason I posted this is because I find it distressing how so many people in the world, and even right here in our own country, are so "disposable" for lack of a better word. How does it happen? And why? I can't imagine how it must feel to return back to your home country and suddenly find you have no job, no place to live, no friends and no family.

I think it's absolutely and thoroughly appalling.  :'( :'(

yes it is. We take and take but no one wants to give... :-\