Author Topic: Anyone want another sweet 'cry'?  (Read 9546 times)

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
Anyone want another sweet 'cry'?
« on: March 13, 2006, 05:56:29 am »
Hi my dear friends....

I've been siting here this evening watching a wildlife series set in Wyoming.  I don't have the sound on....just drinking in the beauty of the countryside.  I've been having the BEST cry....tonight.  I've been replaying this video...over and over again.  It's soooo damned sweet and so full of love...!! 

Come share a tear or two with me....!! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUnXLKZ_4ic

singing along....softly....with all of you!!!  Remember when..........we came together...fell apart.....broke each other's heart....remember when............ :'(

soooo beautiful!!   
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 05:58:21 am by BBMGrandma »
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline donnaread

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Anyone want another sweet 'cry'?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 05:04:37 pm »
Hi Nancy, I still can't cry...saw BBM for the 8th time this weekend.  First time I haven't seen it alone.  My sister came with me...her son is gay.  She was embarrassed I think, but did admit it was sad.  I think I prefer to see it alone.  I didn't mind answering all her questions, but when I go alone I can just sit in the dark theater and drink it all in.  She doesn't watch movies much, so she didn't even know who Heath and Jake were.  She was surprised that Heath was from Australia, because of his accent in the movie.  She liked it, but she didn't appreciate it the way we do. 8)  Even though I still don't cry in the movie, at least the Wyoming-size knot in my chest seems to be loosening up a bit.  My sister got popcorn and said don't you want to get something?  I said "I can't eat in this movie, I get too upset."  She just said "Hmmm" I bought candy the first time I saw it and it stayed in my purse.  HURRY UP DVD!!!

Offline juneaux

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 01:17:42 am »
I, too, prefer to watch our movie alone. I never realized ~until Chris from this site pointed it out~ that I subconsciously identify with Ennis.  There but by the grace sort of thing.  Relationships gone bad had me isolate myself.  Very easily could I have remained that way.  My partner and I are very different in many ways but he is a wonderful person.  (Think Ying and Yang.) 

I am anxious for the DVD to come out.  Will get to the store the morning it comes out and will have watched the movie at few times before that day is over.   ::)
Truth never damages a cause that is just.
~Mohandas Gandhi

Offline BBMGrandma

• Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 01:49:00 am »
Hi Friends...I saw our movie again yesterday....(#9).  I went with a dear friend of mine...but jeeeeeeeeeeeez....what a letdown afterwards.  When I get out of the show...I'm drained!!  I can't talk....I'm in some sort of 'zone' that I can't really explain.  My dear friend was yakking away....about the popcorn....the seats....etc.  I was so resentful that she was breaking into my reverie!!  I CAN"T wait for the video...EITHER!!  I'm gonna sit in my house for two days...and do NOTHING but watch it....alone!!  BTW...is there a confirmed date for the release..yet?  I've heard April 4th....<Heath's birthday> but I'm not sure.  If anyone hears....tell us all...OK? 

Big Hugs....Nancy   :-*

"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline BBMGrandma

• Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 01:54:05 am »
My partner and I are very different in many ways but he is a wonderful person.  (Think Ying and Yang.) 

Hi "J"...nice to see you!!  Ying and Yang can be a wonderful thing between two people.  I'm soooo glad you've got a wonderful person in your life!!   It must be true....opposites DO attract!!!   ;D

Offline BBMGrandma

• Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 02:02:11 am »
Hi Nancy, I still can't cry...saw BBM for the 8th time this weekend. Even though I still don't cry in the movie, at least the Wyoming-size knot in my chest seems to be loosening up a bit.

Donna...HI!!  Some people just can't let the tears flow. When I went with ONE of my dearest friends...she was SO effected by the movie...I had to HELP her out of her seat.  But...she didn't cry either.  Told me she had a real pain in her throat though...from stifling the tears.  When I asked why she didn't just let it GO...she just said...I can't!! 

It sure doesn't mean you're not deeply effected by our 'boys....and our movie.  And BTW...I can't eat popcorn or anything either...when I'm there.  I just bring my bottled water cuz I KNOW I'm gonna dehydrate myself....LOL 

Different strokes for different folks...THAT"S for sure!!  And isn't that a GREAT thing?   ;D

Hugsssssssssss....Nancy   :-*

Offline iristarr

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Ain't no reins on this one . . .
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 03:07:51 pm »
I pre-ordered my video at the local Borders yesterday -- they said April 4th was the release date they had on record. I, however, am among the blessed -- BMM is still playing on the big screen here, at least through this next week, so I'm for sure going to get one more weekly "fix."  It's gotten so I just crave to watch it, and let it all roll over me without looking for or expecting anything in particular, just for the sheer pleasure of it.  Just to soar one more time up into those mountains with our boys, who have become so internalized for me.  I carry them in my heart as two aspects of myself that I had "lost" along my road in life.  And now I found them again, on Brokeback Mountain!  How cool is that?  Love to all, Iris
Ennis and Jack, the dogs, horses and mules, a thousand ewes and their lambs flowed up the trail like dirty water through the timber and out above the tree line into the great flowering meadows and the endless coursing wind.

Offline BBMGrandma

• Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 08:15:48 pm »
WOOOOOOOO....Iris....I can sure relate!!!  I get this 'craving' in my gut....that I just HAVE GOT TO SEE our movie....again!!  I'm never going with another person again though...NO NO NO!! I'm also lucky....my theater is still showing and it's just a couple miles down my country road. I'm going again tomorrow!! 

I don't have a 'Borders' in my wee little town.  I wonder if Barnes & Noble will have it?  I'm going to get on the phone....NOW...and track down a place to pre-order too!!  I can't WAIT!! 

Isn't this feeling just wonderful...Iris?  It's turned my whole world around...I'm lookin at things with such a different perspective now!!  Moving along WITH ya Iris...you GO GIRL!!   ;)

BIG WARM HUG....<until we can REALLY hug sometime>  Nancy  :-*

Offline iristarr

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Ain't no reins on this one . . .
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2006, 04:09:35 am »
I bet you can order the dvd from Amazon.
Ennis and Jack, the dogs, horses and mules, a thousand ewes and their lambs flowed up the trail like dirty water through the timber and out above the tree line into the great flowering meadows and the endless coursing wind.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2006, 04:19:35 pm »
...with our boys, who have become so internalized for me.  I carry them in my heart as two aspects of myself that I had "lost" along my road in life.  And now I found them again, on Brokeback Mountain!  How cool is that?

That is just a beautiful sentiment, iristarr, you have a wonderful way with words!  Thank you.
Love,
Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."