Author Topic: bettermost's weather station  (Read 26266 times)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
Re: bettermost's weather station
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2008, 08:36:18 pm »
ahh.  ...hello brokeplex.  good to see you back reporting sun as usual!  it's sunny here today too, but i napped alot  and missed most of it'cause we're still getting over the flu.  it's around 10 celcius/or 50 degrees f.  which seems to be pretty steady here lately.
so are you going with mcaine?  (spelled wrong i think) but you know what i mean.

No sun today, scattered rain in anticipation of a strong cold front that will bring flash floods, hail, and 30 mph winds. no joke, I've pulled the vehicles into the garage, and DL is out at his place fixing up his spoiled horses.

I saw my first Red Bud tree blooming this spring today, bright beautiful purple blossoms, made the dreary day a little better. Sorry that you have had the flu, we have suffered thru that here too, last month.

I will probably vote for McCain in the Fall election, he wasn't my first choice, but he has some good points. Tomorrow is primary election day, and I'll go down to my precinct voting place early and drag DL along with me, I made sure that he was registered to vote this time, he has always managed to dodge my best efforts before.

There have been 20 times the normal number of early voters in the Democratic primary here in Tarrant county. Promises to be an interesting night watching the votes come in here in TX and OH.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2008, 01:53:14 am »
No sun today, scattered rain in anticipation of a strong cold front that will bring flash floods, hail, and 30 mph winds. no joke, I've pulled the vehicles into the garage, and DL is out at his place fixing up his spoiled horses.

I saw my first Red Bud tree blooming this spring today, bright beautiful purple blossoms, made the dreary day a little better. Sorry that you have had the flu, we have suffered thru that here too, last month.

I will probably vote for McCain in the Fall election, he wasn't my first choice, but he has some good points. Tomorrow is primary election day, and I'll go down to my precinct voting place early and drag DL along with me, I made sure that he was registered to vote this time, he has always managed to dodge my best efforts before.

There have been 20 times the normal number of early voters in the Democratic primary here in Tarrant county. Promises to be an interesting night watching the votes come in here in TX and OH.

yeah, i think i like mcCain too, but i'm canadian, so doesn't really matter.
today was rainy, and windy.  about 5 degrees celcius.  not very fun.....but whatever. 
they called for snow here tonight, but it's not cold enough, and just keeps on raining, so i'm gratefull for that at least.
 :-\

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2008, 12:09:35 am »
today we had cold rain, which turned into sleet, which turned into hail, which finally turned into snow. winter redux.

tomorrow is supposed to be in the 50's and clear, I'll vote in the morning.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2008, 12:12:03 am »
today we had cold rain, which turned into sleet, which turned into hail, which finally turned into snow. winter redux.

tomorrow is supposed to be in the 50's and clear, I'll vote in the morning.

what happened to your sunshine brokeplex???????????????

today was a mix of sun and rain.  kinda cold lately....only about 4 or 5  (about 40 degrees)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2008, 12:25:30 am »
a late winter early spring cold front came thru, it happens in this region at this time of the year. in a week it will be back in the 70's and sunshiney, and in two months hot. in four months hot as hell.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2008, 12:31:14 am »
how hot is hot?
we've had it in the low 40's here, which is about 102-104 degrees f.
that's the hottest we've had it.  usually around mid 30's (96 or so)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2008, 12:35:59 am »
it gets that hot where you live? 

actually, I should ask, where do you live? I didn't realize that it got that hot anywhere in Canada except maybe as a once of twice occurence in the summer.

The real problem for me with the summers here, is the fact that they just last so long. It will get up into the 90's and stay there starting in May and go up further into the 100's by July and stay that way until after Labor day. the nights are not especially cool either in the summer here, it will dip only down into the 80's thru most of the summer. I get out of town after July 4th, and head up into the mountains in Montana, I stay there until mid Sept or thereabouts. 

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2008, 12:40:56 am »
it gets that hot where you live? 

actually, I should ask, where do you live? I didn't realize that it got that hot anywhere in Canada except maybe as a once of twice occurence in the summer.

The real problem for me with the summers here, is the fact that they just last so long. It will get up into the 90's and stay there starting in May and go up further into the 100's by July and stay that way until after Labor day. the nights are not especially cool either in the summer here, it will dip only down into the 80's thru most of the summer. I get out of town after July 4th, and head up into the mountains in Montana, I stay there until mid Sept or thereabouts. 

yeah we canadians have hot weather too.  i'm going to post a pic of where i live on my new blog soon.  since we're weather freinds, check it out! 
i live on vancouver island, west side, town called PORT ALBERNI.....not sure if it's even on a map! lol
population is about 30,000 or so...which is hard to believe when you're here.  i thought it was about 100.  not sure where everyone is...that's for sure.
anyways, the town is in a valley, so it just roasts here in the summer.  it's usually about 10 degrees hotter than vancouver.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2008, 12:56:14 am »
I was up your way a few years back, ended up in Victoria for a day. Really nice place to visit and the weather reminded me of San Francisco. cool and humid.

I'm heading up to Seattle for an event at the Sci Fi museum in Aug while I am in Montana. I think DL will be up as well for a few weeks. And I tried to convince him to take one of those glacier cruises that go out of Vancouver and head up to Juneau, he wasn't much interested. I'll work on him some more. 

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2008, 01:02:37 am »
I was up your way a few years back, ended up in Victoria for a day. Really nice place to visit and the weather reminded me of San Francisco. cool and humid.

I'm heading up to Seattle for an event at the Sci Fi museum in Aug while I am in Montana. I think DL will be up as well for a few weeks. And I tried to convince him to take one of those glacier cruises that go out of Vancouver and head up to Juneau, he wasn't much interested. I'll work on him some more. 

well, b.c. west coast is definately beautifull.  victoria is nice too. we go there often, when we need to 'have a night out on the town'!  which isn't often 'cause hubby is a little cheap! lol
that's neat you've been here.
in the states, i've been to bellingham washington, hellena montanna, seattle, oregan, california, minnisota, and, i think that's it. 
i haven't travelled many places in canada. ...alberta, and saskatchewan