Author Topic: bettermost's weather station  (Read 26538 times)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
Re: bettermost's weather station
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2008, 01:04:45 am »
how much does your gasoline cost per gallon where you live?  we just went over $3.00 per gallon here in DFW

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2008, 01:14:31 am »
well, ours is in litres, and it's about $1.11 per litre.....how many litres are in a gallon?  not sure, but the american dollar is about equal to the canadian, so, if you can figure out the conversion....,or i guess i could look it up.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2008, 01:12:07 pm »
I have been to Victoria as well.  It was just lovely!  I especially enjoyed the Butchart Gardens.  And on the same trip I attended a Star Trek convention in Seattle.  :)

On a different trip, I toured the Canadian Rockies and then boarded a ship out of Vancouver and traveled the Alaskan inner passage.  Six years and a lot of destinations later, I recall it as one of the most beautiful areas I have ever seen.  Do go if you can!  I took the photo below while standing on a Canadian glacier.

yes, you're right .....it's a beautiful place to see.  i used to be a camp leader at a youth resort in the princess louisianna inlet, which was also travelled by boat, and have seen many glaciers very close up.  remarkable and breathtaking.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2008, 02:06:58 pm »
And expecially appreciated by a native Floridian (me).  I find glaciers downright exotic and fascinating.  One of the best experiences I have had was on the Alaska trip when we bundled up and canoed on a glacial lake right up close to a glacier.  It was magnificent (if freezing)!

yes.  when you're that close to one, you can see straight down into the water, and just how far it goes down.  facinating!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2008, 12:27:45 pm »
I appreciate the recommendations, I definitely hope to go. Nice and sunny here today, went jogging this morning. Temps in the 60's.  Had a late night last night with the election and all, so I guess this old man will take a nap this afternoon.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2008, 12:51:52 pm »
it's gross here today.  there's so much fog i can't see my own hand infront of my face.
it's cold and raining.
i don't know what the temp is......just cold. :P

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2008, 12:55:46 pm »
stay warm and dry.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2008, 01:01:31 pm »
stay warm and dry.

thanks brokeplex....i intend to! :)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2008, 01:02:25 am »
we are supposed to have snow here in DFW again tomorrow, this is really weird weather for N TX at this time of the year.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2008, 01:08:37 am »
we are supposed to have snow here in DFW again tomorrow, this is really weird weather for N TX at this time of the year.

i can always count on you to be faithfull to this thread brokeplex!  lol
today ended up very sunny, hence the morning fog.  the sea fog is a good indicator of sun....
so it was about 11 celcius here...
not bad.