Author Topic: Choice for President Dem & Republican  (Read 2748 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Choice for President Dem & Republican
« on: February 22, 2008, 02:41:36 pm »
As the choices narrow down, who gets your vote?

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Choice for President Dem & Republican
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 02:44:41 pm »
I can't vote because I am really on the fence between Obama and Clinton. I'm leaving it to fate, my fellow Democrats, and Republicans like brokeplex who register as Democrats in the primary so they can vote for the candidate less likely to win the general election. But that's OK, because at this point I'd be fine with either one.

moremojo

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 03:33:14 pm »
I'm going for Obama. I would never vote for a Republican unless and until that party changes dramatically from what it is and has been in recent history (though Ron Paul earned quite some respect from me as I learned more about him), and between the two Democratic contenders, Hillary is just too polarizing I think to get elected (though I think she would make an effective President). Obama, with his freshness, energy, and ability to unite and galvanize the people, represents the best among the current viable choices.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 04:28:07 pm »
Not surprisingly, I voted for Hillary here.  But, I'd be more than happy with Obama as the nominee/ president as well.  I think this is the dilemma facing a lot of democrats that the moment.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 05:03:11 pm »
I am tremendously underwelmed by the choices. In the end I will probably vote for Obama because:

1. Try as I might to be open minded I just cannot bring myself to vote republican in a presidential election. I have voted for republican candidates in other election on a local level when it was a case of who was best for the job. Party affiliation was not even disclosed but I knew they were republicans.

John McCain is more desirable as a republican candidate than the also rans, esp. Huckabee, or the others they have put forth in the past.

2. I like the idea that a man of color could be elcted president in this country, I am almost fearful of the day the race card gets played, and it will. Somewhere, someone, maybe even me (like I'm that important), will say the wrong thing without thinking and it could turn very nasty.

I think in the U.S. we still have not gotten past the idea of a monarch, and we want one individual in the oval office to represent something like that. So much is invested in it, and change only proceeds at the pace of a glacier. 
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

injest

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 03:53:02 pm »
I was sure who I was voting for last week.... :P :-\