Author Topic: Jack's Country Songs  (Read 23850 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Country Songs
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 02:39:39 pm »
And here is Johnny Cash and June Carter

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELpk3NfqIg4[/youtube]

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 02:41:00 pm »
I think I am gonna cross post it over in Rich's blog...he may need it Sunday....

8) :-X :-X

What is he planning on getting drunk Saturday night  :o I don't think I heard about that  :-\

injest

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 11:40:30 pm »
What is he planning on getting drunk Saturday night  :o I don't think I heard about that  :-\

he is competing in the Gay Rodeo!! Steer wrestling...so I suspect he MIGHT go out that evening.... ;D ;) 8)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 10:32:10 am »
he is competing in the Gay Rodeo!! Steer wrestling...so I suspect he MIGHT go out that evening.... ;D ;) 8)

What kind of steer is he wrestling  :) Is it of the animal kind or the man kind  :laugh:  ;)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 11:40:12 am »
Hey -- my cousin taught school in Nashville where John Carter Cash went and his son and John Carter made a video. He also went to NY with them to some celebrations about the Statue of Liberty.

I can't get that video -- or any video -- to work yesterday or today. Don't know if it's my computer or if it's YouTube.

I went to a ballgame in Dyess, AR, a few years ago and Johnny was on the composite graduation picture! I think he was born in ARkansas.  ;D

I miss him and June being around.  :(
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 11:47:32 am »
What kind of steer is he wrestling  :) Is it of the animal kind or the man kind  :laugh:  ;)

well that MORNING he will be wrestling the animal kind...that night?? who knows??!!  :-X :-X

:laugh: :laugh:

I posted some videos from gay rodeos over there on his blog...cute cowboys in Wranglers...what could be better??

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 03:03:46 pm »
Hey -- my cousin taught school in Nashville where John Carter Cash went and his son and John Carter made a video. He also went to NY with them to some celebrations about the Statue of Liberty.

I can't get that video -- or any video -- to work yesterday or today. Don't know if it's my computer or if it's YouTube.

I went to a ballgame in Dyess, AR, a few years ago and Johnny was on the composite graduation picture! I think he was born in ARkansas.  ;D

I miss him and June being around.  :(

I seem to be hitting Arkansas with you a lot lately after Black Oak Arkansas  ;D I didn't know that about Johnny and June. I miss them being around too. You know their house in Tennessee where they lived for many, many years burnt down? That was so sad.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 04:13:12 pm »
That's okay!  :D I love Arkansas.

Yes. Johnny was born in AR.

Johnny Cash was born J. R. Cash in Kingsland, Arkansas, to Ray and Carrie Cash, and raised in Dyess, Arkansas.

There is a sad story about his older brother dying in this article too. It was mentioned in the movie Walk the Line.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Cash

Dyess is about 40 miles from where I live.

June was born in Virginia.

Jack, I think I remember hearing about that house burning. Was it empty at the time, I wonder?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 04:16:46 pm »
Here is an article about the house. It says BeeGee Barry Gibb was renovating it. That is sad. Looks like a great house. It also looks like it's out in the woods -- probably far away from a fire station.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6543503.stm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 03:16:12 pm »
Here is an article about the house. It says BeeGee Barry Gibb was renovating it. That is sad. Looks like a great house. It also looks like it's out in the woods -- probably far away from a fire station.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6543503.stm

Thanks for posting the article. I know when I saw it on the news it seemed so strange. It truly was almost as if the house, so full of history, could never be anyone's but Johnny and June's. The video for the song "Hurt" was filmed there which has to be one of the most haunting songs and videos I have ever heard or seen. It was apparent that Johnny would not be around much longer and you can see in June's eyes that she feels the same. But then in the end she actually died first, then him, and then not too long after the house they had lived in so long burned to the ground.