Author Topic: We're Talking Star Trek!!  (Read 19513 times)

injest

We're Talking Star Trek!!
« on: March 03, 2008, 01:11:52 am »
 >:(
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 12:07:22 am by injest »

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
Re: We're Talking Star Trek!!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 01:23:14 am »
I loved Next Generation probably the most of the series. I looked at some "Enterprise" dvds the other day that have the Okuda commentary line in it. really was great.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 01:25:02 am »
I remember that Wesley's father was name Jack Crusher. Do you think it was an "arranged" marriage like Jack Twist's, I think that the real love of Beverly's life was Jean Luc, he was her intellectual equal.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 01:27:35 am »
I have never seen any of the 'Enterprise' shows...I gave up after "Deep Space Nine"

Enterprise is set 100 years after the Cochrane test flight of the Phoenix. It is set in the very early days of Star Fleet, even before the Romulan War forced the creation of the Federation. go rent some of the dvds I think that you will like it. The chief engineer has a Texas accent about as thick as mine, so I guess we Texans were not all wiped out in WWIII

:laugh:

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 01:29:39 am »
After Rick Berman took over for Gene, I felt he went too dark. Like he was trying to turn it into "Star Wars" instead.....Star Trek to me was always built on hope and the thought that people were better than they thought they could be...

you've made a great point, it is darker after the death of Roddenberry, but is that entirely due to Berman. Didn't Roddenberry's widow have something to do with this, she was in charge of the weird alien series about those hermaphraditic aliens who seemingly take over the Earth, I can't remember the title, but I hated it.

injest

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 01:30:05 am »
Enterprise is set 100 years after the Cochrane test flight of the Phoenix. It is set in the very early days of Star Fleet, even before the Romulan War forced the creation of the Federation. go rent some of the dvds I think that you will like it. The chief engineer has a Texas accent about as thick as mine, so I guess we Texans were not all wiped out in WWIII

:laugh:

I would put mine up against yours any day!! (I think there is still a recording of me around here somewhere) but you KNEW we would survive...we could hide out in the Dead Woods...

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 01:32:14 am »
now I know they did have an attraction.....they were VERY fond of one another but I can't see Picard having an affair with someone's wife. I think Jack Crusher was her 'college sweetheart'....I didn't get the impression he would have been ambitious enough for her...

why wouldn't Picard take one on the sly? he bent the rules just as much as Kirk did, Picard would just intoned the correct political phraseology to make it sound OK. Kirk just bulled his way into whatever he wanted without an apologetic explanation.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 01:33:51 am »
I would put mine up against yours any day!! (I think there is still a recording of me around here somewhere) but you KNEW we would survive...we could hide out in the Dead Woods...

so we're going to get into a "country contest". what is that song popular now, "He turned country!"

injest

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 01:35:04 am »
why wouldn't Picard take one on the sly? he bent the rules just as much as Kirk did, Picard would just intoned the correct political phraseology to make it sound OK. Kirk just bulled his way into whatever he wanted without an apologetic explanation.

oh no he wouldn't!! He had impeccable moral standards...unlike that Kirk that broke the Prime Directive every other episode!

plus he was MUCH sexier than Kirk

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 01:35:13 am »
the best doctor they ever had was McCoy (of course) but I DID like Beverly.....loved her hair.

one of my favorite episodes was the one about the flight accident at Starfleet Academy

McCoy was my ideal as well, I would like to be like Picard, but I am just not modulated enough to make it work. I tell it like it is, the hell with the varnish.