Author Topic: We're Talking Star Trek!!  (Read 19515 times)

injest

Re: We're Talking Star Trek!!
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 01:37:18 am »
McCoy was my ideal as well, I would like to be like Picard, but I am just not modulated enough to make it work. I tell it like it is, the hell with the varnish.

NO!!

really??

I find that so hard to believe!!

I would like to be that smart...and have the ability to think strategically like he did. Seemed to always be one step ahead of everyone...

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 01:37:42 am »
oh no he wouldn't!! He had impeccable moral standards...unlike that Kirk that broke the Prime Directive every other episode!

plus he was MUCH sexier than Kirk

we agree on that, Picard was definitely sexy, in a balding kind of way!  I see now how you have accumulated 900,000 posts, we have already racked up about 15 in a few minutes. and I bet you have several of these IM type sites scattered around.

8)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 01:38:32 am »
NO!!

really??

I find that so hard to believe!!

I would like to be that smart...and have the ability to think strategically like he did. Seemed to always be one step ahead of everyone...
that is absolutely true

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 01:39:46 am »
sorry, I've got to run. some chores before bed. see you tomorrow, that is if the flash flood we are supposed to have doesn't wash ( that is "warsh", in Texan) me away.

injest

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 01:40:29 am »
we agree on that, Picard was definitely sexy, in a balding kind of way!  I see now how you have accumulated 900,000 posts, we have already racked up about 15 in a few minutes. and I bet you have several of these IM type sites scattered around.

8)

I am just a blabber mouth!!

injest

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 08:44:36 pm »
I have watched all the Trek shows, although have possibly missed a few episodes of the original.  Enterprise was interesting.  They had a dilemma with the techno props - if you look at the communicators in the original and the other shows, they were huge ... now go back in time to Enterprise, which is still set in our future, and think about how small our cell phones are today!  Also, Florida, my home state, does not fare so well in Enterprise.

not to be too "Trekkie" here but here is my thoughts on that.

We are going to tiny little phones..but there will come a point when small will be TOO small...our fingers are only able to manipulate things well that they can get a grip on! so I think  ;D They wised up in the future and went with utility over size...what was most comfortable and easiest for the majority to use.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 08:47:01 pm »
I love the "Next Generation" and "Enterprise" and all the movies.

"Deep Space Nine" bored me and "Voyager" never interested me at all, so I never watched them.

The original "Star Trek" is OK. I guess it would have made more of an impact had I seen it back in the day when it was the only SF around.  But now...[shrug]

Gene Roddenberry's wife is also the voice of the computer.

I think Gene and Nichelle Nichols also had an affair according to her.

injest

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 08:55:00 pm »
fave movie was the Wrath of Kahn!!

that Ricardo Montalban....dang, he could chew up some scenery...

injest

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 08:58:54 pm »
Hmmm - I respectfully disagree.  With future technology, we won't need our fingers.  Phones will be voice or thought activated.  But good try!  ;D

and what about when you are in a crowd? or somewhere where you need privacy?

Oops...I just thought...I guess it would be tuned to just YOUR thoughts...

hmmm

BACK to the drawing board!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 11:14:39 pm »
I have watched all the Trek shows, although have possibly missed a few episodes of the original.  Enterprise was interesting.  They had a dilemma with the techno props - if you look at the communicators in the original and the other shows, they were huge ... now go back in time to Enterprise, which is still set in our future, and think about how small our cell phones are today!  Also, Florida, my home state, does not fare so well in Enterprise.

Voyager - Janeway's (Kate Mulgrew) mousey voice bothered me at first, but I grew to really like the show.  And I thought Tom Paris was hot.  Roxann Dawson, who starred as B'Elanna Torres, went on to direct several episodes of Enterprise.

The Next Generation - Thank goodness they brought Trek back!  I loved this show!

DS-9 was my least favorite of the Trek shows.

Gene Roddenberry's wife was Majel Barrett.  She starred in some Trek episodes ("Nurse Chapel" from Star Trek and "Lwaxana Troi" in Star Trek: The Next Generation), and did have quite a bit to do with later Trek series.

Has anyone ever been a complete nerd and filmed a mini-Trek episode (starring yourself and two friends) at Universal's theme park in Orlando?  I admit it.  It is worth a laugh!

On another note, any Babylon 5 or Battlestar Galactica (the new one) fans here?

loved Bab 5, I remember the original Battlestar and it was so bad we used to make fun of it way back then, the new one is ok, but it never grabbed me like Bab 5 did.