Author Topic: We're Talking Star Trek!!  (Read 19670 times)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
Re: We're Talking Star Trek!!
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 11:16:13 pm »
not to be too "Trekkie" here but here is my thoughts on that.

We are going to tiny little phones..but there will come a point when small will be TOO small...our fingers are only able to manipulate things well that they can get a grip on! so I think  ;D They wised up in the future and went with utility over size...what was most comfortable and easiest for the majority to use.

jess, implants in the skull and the eyes are the next wave in communication devices.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2008, 11:17:36 pm »
fave movie was the Wrath of Kahn!!

that Ricardo Montalban....dang, he could chew up some scenery...

ST II was good, but, "Generations" ST VII is better, one of the best sci fi movies ever.

injest

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2008, 11:21:32 pm »
ST II was good, but, "Generations" ST VII is better, one of the best sci fi movies ever.

hmmmm.....do they destroy the ship??

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2008, 11:23:52 pm »
Enterprise D is destroyed in the film, the next film the Enterprise E premiers.

injest

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2008, 11:35:00 pm »
Enterprise D is destroyed in the film, the next film the Enterprise E premiers.

yep.

You ever hear the phrase 'Jump the shark"? to me the movies 'jumped the shark when they started having to destroy the ship every time. I mean come on...the first one lasted thiry years and these new ones last six months? They HAVE to be using the 'low bidder' system...

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2008, 11:43:57 pm »
Jess you're enjoying the scifi tech aspects of the story so much that you may be unconsciously ignoring the symbolism in the film. "Generations" is about the passage of time and the fact that we grow old and a new generation takes over, not only of Kirk to Picard but also ship D to ship E. Go watch the film again with your film critics glasses on and I know you will find a deeper enjoyment in it. This is the one Star Trek movie that really can be looked at metaphorically as having symbolic or deeper meanings. In this case it is the deeper meaning of life, death, mortality, etc.

I like the movie so much, I put a quote from Dr Soran at the bottom of my posts.

injest

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2008, 11:54:25 pm »
Jess you're enjoying the scifi tech aspects of the story so much that you may be unconsciously ignoring the symbolism in the film. "Generations" is about the passage of time and the fact that we grow old and a new generation takes over, not only of Kirk to Picard but also ship D to ship E. Go watch the film again with your film critics glasses on and I know you will find a deeper enjoyment in it. This is the one Star Trek movie that really can be looked at metaphorically as having symbolic or deeper meanings. In this case it is the deeper meaning of life, death, mortality, etc.

I like the movie so much, I put a quote from Dr Soran at the bottom of my posts.

well I DID enjoy the part where Picard goes and gets Kirk to help him...

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2008, 12:18:53 am »
Really??

Yep.  Nichelle wrote it in her autobiography.  She had waited until after he passed to bring it up.  Or so she said.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2008, 12:23:19 am »
Nichelle is one hot lady! Did she say if she and Gene had an on-going affair, or was it just nookies now and then. And was Majel jealous?

And was anyone else jealous?

Has anyone ever given thought as to why the George Takei really hates Wm Shatner, is their some jealousy there? and I mean of jealousy the sexual kind.

???

injest

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 12:34:18 am »
Nichelle is one hot lady! Did she say if she and Gene had an on-going affair, or was it just nookies now and then. And was Majel jealous?

And was anyone else jealous?

Has anyone ever given thought as to why the George Takei really hates Wm Shatner, is their some jealousy there? and I mean of jealousy the sexual kind.

???

I didn't know George hated William Shatner!!!!