Author Topic: We're Talking Star Trek!!  (Read 19499 times)

injest

Re: We're Talking Star Trek!!
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2008, 12:35:03 am »
and why would you think he would be sexually jealous? did William have an affair with someone??

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2008, 12:37:56 am »
and why would you think he would be sexually jealous? did William have an affair with someone??

Takei wrote an autobiography about 15 years ago and he just unleashes on Shatner. my thought about Takei stems from the fact that he is a gay man. so, I have wondered if there was jealousy at many different levels on TOS

8)

injest

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2008, 12:41:06 am »
Takei wrote an autobiography about 15 years ago and he just unleashes on Shatner. my thought about Takei stems from the fact that he is a gay man. so, I have wondered if there was jealousy at many different levels on TOS

8)

hmmmmm....I need to get that book. I kinda thought that George was unhappy with the way William made fun of the conventions and all..George went to a lot of them...made a lot of money doing them too.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2008, 12:48:43 am »
like I say the jealously may be at many different levels. the fellow who played Scotty, I forgot his name, also unleashed on Shatner in the years before he died.

the only one who seemed to get along with everyone was DeForest Kelly.

injest

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2008, 12:51:36 am »
like I say the jealously may be at many different levels. the fellow who played Scotty, I forgot his name, also unleashed on Shatner in the years before he died.

the only one who seemed to get along with everyone was DeForest Kelly.

James Doohan...

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2008, 12:59:55 am »
Everybody disliked Bill Shatner, just in varying degrees. 

I'm not sure - can't recall - if Nichelle meant "affair" as in with Gene as a married man, or just 'love affair' as in before he was married.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2008, 01:03:05 am »
James Doohan...

yep thats right, Doohan had some "sharp" opines about Shatner!

one of the funny things about the movie "Generations" is that Stewart and Shatner got along like long lost buds! They really are friends. You would think that Shatner would resent Stewart taking his place.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2008, 01:10:09 am »
Everybody disliked Bill Shatner, just in varying degrees. 

I'm not sure - can't recall - if Nichelle meant "affair" as in with Gene as a married man, or just 'love affair' as in before he was married.

but maybe Shatner is mellowing, because they love him on Boston Legal, one of my Fav tv shows, I let DL TIVO it for me and I watch them later.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2008, 01:18:41 am »
but maybe Shatner is mellowing, because they love him on Boston Legal, one of my Fav tv shows, I let DL TIVO it for me and I watch them later.

I believe they disliked him - mostly - because he was a ham, he hogged the spotlight, he demanded all the attention be put on him, he actively sought to cut others' lines so as to give himself more dialogue, that kind of thing.

There was a recent History Channel special in the last year and it kinds of hints at his ego issues.  It was about Star Trek technology becoming a reality and Bill Shatner was the host.  And for the commercial plugs, it was him saying,

"It was me me me - I did all these things..."

I'm sure he's mellowed because he's not the draw he once was.  I do congratulate him, though.  Somehow, he's made himself a 2nd career late in life as a writer, on TV and films portraying himself and as a character actor and I'm sure that also chapped some asses even worse.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 09:02:38 am by delalluvia »

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2008, 12:50:20 pm »
what is up with him and that other guy? the one he is always sitting in the chairs with smoking a cigar and talking about 'sleepovers"??

There is the implication that opposites attract, so to speak. There is clearly a love relationship between the two lawyers, one a conservative repub, the other a lefty democrat. neither will openly admit that they love each other in that way, but they do. one of the reasons I love Boston Legal is watching how this relationship develops.